2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Anyone else having issues buying Halloween party tickets online? I'm AP so it's my time window. It just doesn't like my debit card apparently. I've tried FOUR times. $240 in and out of bank account four times. UGH. I'm on the phone playing the waiting game now...was told to expect 40+ minutes of waiting. Good thing I'm a teacher and don't have to report to work today!

If I buy MHP tickets and we can't go, are they non-refundable? Can you transfer them to someone else? We have never done the parties, and are trying to make a late September trip happen (thank you DLR for having parties in September!!). However, I feel nervous spending that much on the party tickets before my children's school schedule comes out. On the other hand, if we wait to buy party tickets until after school starts (mid August), I am afraid they might sell out. I looked at the historical sell-out dates, and I **think** I will be ok waiting, but you never know. So, are they generally non-refundable?

Unless things changed this year, MHP tickets are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not for resale.

I'm not sure if this is different from previous years. But the language on the Disneyland site says (with my own emphasis added):
Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use.

The way I read that, it seems to say you can't return the tickets to Disney, but could still transfer or sell them to someone else, as long as it's not for commercial profit. I'm sure Disney wants to discourage scalping. But they would also still want tickets to be used so that guests still show up to enjoy the event and purchase additional offerings available at it. If you are unable to use tickets for some unforeseen reason, it makes sense to me that you should still be allowed to transfer those tickets to others.

Interesting...on the ticket order page (I haven't bought tickets this year, so I don't know what's printed on them), it says (they had the last part bolded, I did not add it):
The number of tickets available is limited. Events may sell out early. Online purchase is not available on the day of the event. Tickets are valid only during specific event dates and hours. Entertainment, ticket types, entitlements and prices subject to change without notice. Tickets may not be resold. Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
But I agree that I think their primary focus is on preventing scalping, commercial resale, or other things like that.

Quick question, and apologies if this is a very obvious one -- but if its an MHP night, Fantasmic won't be showing, right?

They MHP announcements didn't say anything about F! being presented during the party, so I'm inclined to say that they won't be presenting F! on MHP nights.

Thanks all. I guess I will just wait to buy them until the school schedule comes out. If I bought them and tried to transfer them to someone else (maybe on the boards, not for profit but just so they get used and I don't lose $400), I would be concerned that Disney would not honor them. Thanks again.

Thanks all. I guess I will just wait to buy them until the school schedule comes out. If I bought them and tried to transfer them to someone else (maybe on the boards, not for profit but just so they get used and I don't lose $400), I would be concerned that Disney would not honor them. Thanks again.
You could call the school district to find out the School Calendar.
I know my grandkids district post the calendar for the up coming year (17/18) in March (2017) of the current year.
Sure helps with long range planning for us.

Give them a call and see what they have to say.
Geemo

Thanks Geemo! I do have the general school calendar with all the breaks on it, but I will be pulling the kids out for 2 days for this trip. So I just want to make sure there is not some major exam or class trip, etc on those days. I don't think I will be able to get that specific information until after school officially starts, unfortunately... Here's hoping the price increase keeps people in "contemplation" for a while on the party tickets, until our school starts!!!

Here's a link to the website that has all the activities. http://www.gaydaysanaheim.com/ That is not officially part of Disneyland, but Disneyland does a lot to support the event. There will be rainbow Tshirts and desserts for sale. Last year, they also had several CMs doing photo ops with rainbow frames. You will see tons of red Tshirts walking around that weekend.

Thanks for the info - I may need to buy a red shirt :)

Just scored a pair of 10/31 party tix for our "Disneymoon"!:stitch2::stitch2:

Just let the hold music play while I did other things. 45min or so.

Called yesterday morning right at 7am, waited 14min. Going for the first time on 10/31! My 9 year old is really excited. We usually go over Christmas season. Should be a nice change.

Me too!! This waiting is hard!!! :crazy:
Is it 7 am PST that it opens? Will it also pop up on line for sale at the same time?

If it is like the room discounts that started "today", the phones open at 7 PST, but the website didn't show the discount until about 7:40 PST. And by the time it showed up online, the discounted room I was able to book on the phone by calling right at 7AM was sold out. I don't think this will happen with party tickets, but if you want to be the first to get them, call rather than wait for their dismal IT to catch up the website. I hate having to call for ANYTHING, but Disney seems to keep making me call. Job security for the CMs I guess!!! It's 2017. Why do I have to call you, Disney?????

Now that I think about it, the CM I booked my room through today said I'd HAVE to call to get party tickets when they went on sale; that they would NOT be online. Like all CM-derived information, that could be wrong...

Now that I think about it, the CM I booked my room through today said I'd HAVE to call to get party tickets when they went on sale; that they would NOT be online. Like all CM-derived information, that could be wrong...
I'd be stunned if they didn't allow for online purchase of the MHP tickets...that would be major break from the past. Now, it is possible that the online ticket sales, phone lines, and the main gate ordering may not all go live at the same moment, but eventually they'll all be available at some point on the 24th. The Parks Blog posting does say "Tickets may be purchased online and on mobile devices at Disneyland.com/party as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400."

Me too!! This waiting is hard!!! :crazy:
Is it 7 am PST that it opens? Will it also pop up on line for sale at the same time?

Well we are 5 hours behind (the next day) so I either need to wait up or by the time we wake up it will be 1pmish

If it is like the room discounts that started "today", the phones open at 7 PST, but the website didn't show the discount until about 7:40 PST. And by the time it showed up online, the discounted room I was able to book on the phone by calling right at 7AM was sold out. I don't think this will happen with party tickets, but if you want to be the first to get them, call rather than wait for their dismal IT to catch up the website. I hate having to call for ANYTHING, but Disney seems to keep making me call. Job security for the CMs I guess!!! It's 2017. Why do I have to call you, Disney?????

I hate having to call because it costs so damn much! It took me 45 minutes today to call to get BBB.

We had no trouble last time getting tickets online

My mom called me in a panic today saying "Did you get the tickets? I heard tickets are sold out!" I told her to relax, I'm not calling and waiting on hold for an hour and pay the extra shipping fee when I can wait until Monday and do online (I'm a Visa member) lol we are going on 10/10, I think we'll be ok to wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter