2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Beverage isn’t listed at a buffet. So do we at least get a soda or something like that? Wasn’t sure if they are just trying to say you can’t get an alcoholic or specialty beverage.

The ** used to have a note on their website: “**If available; buffet excludes specialty beverages that are sold separately (2017 plan only).”

Buffets have always included base drinks (soda, juice) regardless of how you pay, that is part of the buffet meal.

People have also generally reported back that an alcholic drink has also been included at buffets and family style.

The ** used to have a note on their website: “**If available; buffet excludes specialty beverages that are sold separately (2017 plan only).”

Buffets have always included base drinks (soda, juice) regardless of how you pay, that is part of the buffet meal.

People have also generally reported back that an alcholic drink has also been included at buffets and family style.

Thank you!

I know this has been covered and I thought I knew how this goes, but hoping people who do this a lot will chime in as I just read on another thread conflicting views:
I'm checking out of All star sports on a basic dining plan / ticket package on a Saturday morning.
I am then driving over to the WL to check in on a RO reservation.
Then I am heading over to MK for a BOG dinner reservation, thinking I have the credits left from my package that I saved for that meal.

Do I ? Or did the checking in at the new resort rid me of those credits, even though its not midnight of my checkout day.?

I know the answer is I can still use them, but I would like someone who has done it to just reassure me and also, did you encounter any problems with this where you had to go to the front desk to fix it?

I know this has been covered and I thought I knew how this goes, but hoping people who do this a lot will chime in as I just read on another thread conflicting views:
I'm checking out of All star sports on a basic dining plan / ticket package on a Saturday morning.
Then I am heading over to MK for a BOG dinner reservation, thinking I have the credits left from my package that I saved for that meal.

Do I ? Or did the checking in at the new resort rid me of those credits, even though its not midnight of my checkout day.?

I know the answer is I can still use them, but I would like someone who has done it to just reassure me and also, did you encounter any problems with this where you had to go to the front desk to fix it?

I just did this about two weeks ago. I had the deluxe plan for one night staying at AKV and moved to CCV. I checked out of AKV and into CCV in the morning and had no issue using our remaining credits that evening for dinner at Artist Point.

It shouldn't matter, but are there cases where it has messed up? Yes. If it were me, I'd be getting a paper printout from my first resort of the credits I have left before leaving said resort. If, for some reason, they go missing, just charge BoG to your room and fix it later.

It shouldn't matter, but are there cases where it has messed up? Yes. If it were me, I'd be getting a paper printout from my first resort of the credits I have left before leaving said resort. If, for some reason, they go missing, just charge BoG to your room and fix it later.

Great ideas, I will do that

I've done this multiple times, at least ten. I often get the deluxe dining plan for the first day, or two, of a stay and then am off plan for the rest of the vacation.

I can only remember one time where it did not go through properly. And fixing it was not an issue.

Like others have said it's a good choice to get a printout from the first resort to have on you, honestly just to feel like it's all clear on your side. And if something goes wrong at a restaurant, really for anyone getting the DDP for any length of stay, just charge back to your room and simply get it fixed when returning. No reason to ever let it impact a dining experience.

And OT ---

One time we paid cash when our DDP wasn't working and a CM later let me know that it was much easier on their side if we charge back to the room.

Last edited:
Remind me - do the dining plan credits show up in MDE after I checkin? The DVC owner I rented from paid for our DDP last week, I see the charge in my Charges folder, but don't recall where to see the actual credits, and if it's not until after checkin that they actually show up.

Remind me - do the dining plan credits show up in MDE after I checkin? The DVC owner I rented from paid for our DDP last week, I see the charge in my Charges folder, but don't recall where to see the actual credits, and if it's not until after checkin that they actually show up.
Unfortunately the Dining plans purchased through DVC (for whatever reason) don't show up in MDE at all. If you had a regular package it would after you check in. Gotta keep track the old fashioned way for that.

Unfortunately the Dining plans purchased through DVC (for whatever reason) don't show up in MDE at all. If you had a regular package it would after you check in. Gotta keep track the old fashioned way for that.

Does the balance at least show up on the receipts that you receive after the meal?

I'm confused as I see different answers even within this thread. On the QS dining plan, do we get a meal, a regular drink (soda, water, milk) AND alcohol or specialty drink? That was how I was reading it, but I see people saying the alcohol is your drink. If they took away desert, and added alcohol, did they also take away the standard drink? We planned to get cold water bottles at every meal even if we got something else to drink too.

And then second, what about locations that have no speciality drinks or alcohol at all? You are just out of luck, or don't eat there?

I'm confused as I see different answers even within this thread. On the QS dining plan, do we get a meal, a regular drink (soda, water, milk) AND alcohol or specialty drink? That was how I was reading it, but I see people saying the alcohol is your drink. If they took away desert, and added alcohol, did they also take away the standard drink? We planned to get cold water bottles at every meal even if we got something else to drink too.

And then second, what about locations that have no speciality drinks or alcohol at all? You are just out of luck, or don't eat there?
It includes a meal and one drink...either one alcoholic drink OR one regular/non-alcoholic drink.

It includes a meal and one drink...either one alcoholic drink OR one regular/non-alcoholic drink.

Well crapola. So you really have to get that specialty drink at every single meal to get a good value. Thats unfortunate. (DP was not our idea, but we don't argue - much - when someone else is paying!)

I have not seen any reports of anyone getting two drinks with a QS credit. You get one drink , and it can be a specialty drink/alcoholic drink (if over 21). In MK where no alcohol is served at QS you can get a bottle of water or a slushy or milkshake where served or a regular cola or tea. It is up to you where you use you credits based on what you decide is a best for your family.

I suppose we can still ask for a cup of ice water to refill our bottles anyways though, and that is still free right?

I suppose we can still ask for a cup of ice water to refill our bottles anyways though, and that is still free right?
Yes we get free water frequently when we’re there. (Well, at restaurants at home as well since we’re not big soda drinkers) We bring a filtered water bottle to the parks to pour the ice water in so it tastes better.

I think last year or the year before they took away dessert on the plan and replaced it with an additional snack credit.

Well crapola. So you really have to get that specialty drink at every single meal to get a good value. Thats unfortunate. (DP was not our idea, but we don't argue - much - when someone else is paying!)

The 2018 QS plan took away dessert from each meal but allows an alcoholic drink as your drink for each meal. You also get 2 snack credits instead of only 1. That snack credit can be used for a dessert.

The 2018 QS plan took away dessert from each meal but allows an alcoholic drink as your drink for each meal. You also get 2 snack credits instead of only 1. That snack credit can be used for a dessert.

The 2017 plan took away dessert from each meal and increased snack credits from 1 to 2. The 2018 plan added alcoholic or specialty drinks as part of your meal credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter