2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the Remy card the only food & wine themed gift card? I may need to bring my old ones. Not a remy fan
I believe they have a limited release of a Chef Mickey gift card on a lanyard that comes with a matching Chef Mickey pin, however you need to put at least $250.00 on this card. I do not know if it is still available or if you would want to put that much on a gift card. I saw this info on the Disney Parks Blog site.

I believe they have a limited release of a Chef Mickey gift card on a lanyard that comes with a matching Chef Mickey pin, however you need to put at least $250.00 on this card. I do not know if it is still available or if you would want to put that much on a gift card. I saw this info on the Disney Parks Blog site.
Thanks! This I would like. I love the Disney gift card site where I can move funds from card to card so I don't need to keep a lot on one card.
I just checked and I have money left on s flower & garden themed card. Nice! I also rave two cards (unfortunately empty) from last yesrs food & wine.

7 days to go!

I need to pick up a wristband at the event center to attend the tailgate party presentation.

Should I do that right at rope drop? Or can I hit Frozen and meet Elsa and Anna first?

Thanks!

Has anyone done the Tailgate party presentation?

What is the Tailgate Party Presentation?

I got this. It worked well. Used it for other things as well. it was nice to have easy access to pay. I plan to use lanyard on my next trip to hold my passholder card

Well I had 6 days to snack at the booths in Epcot so I tasted a lot. Here is what we tried:

Favorites:
Mexico - short Rib tostado - Best thing I ate!; La Chancla (Sangria) - Loved this, was very refreshing; El Padrino(Blackberry Punch) Another refreshing drink - loved it too

Simmering Sips Mimosa Bar - Tropical mimosa

Flavors from Fire: Charred Chimichurri steak on Corn Cake - great flavors

Active Eats - Loaded Mac' n' Cheese - soo good and cheesy

Coastal Eats: Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip - oh man was this good! I finished it with a spoon

Chocolate Studio: Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond truffle - loved it

Australia - Grilled Lamb Chop - this was excellent

China - Xi'an Pancake with Beef - biggest surprise - very tasty

Italy - Fritto Misto - really liked this - crisp and well spiced sauce

Hops & Barley - Carrot cake with cream cheese Icing - OMG that icing!

Belgium - Belgium waffle with Berry compote - so good, crisp waffle and the berry compte was really good

Brazil - Moqueca (Seafood stew) This was really good! Great flavors

France - La Passion Martini slush - loved this!

Ireland - Roasted Irish sausage - I thought this was quite tasty, loved the potatoes and gravy with it

Canada - Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - this was great - perfectly cooked for me (medium)

Tasted:
Festival Center Wine shop - White flight - Loved the Fess Parker Reisling but the other two were just ok

Simmering Sips: Fromosa - it was ok, like the Tropical much more

Earth Eats: Steakhouse blended burger - this was ok. I did like the crunch from the potato chip

Cheese studio - Maple Bourbon boursin cheesecake - very good but would have liked it colder

Wine & Dine studio: Seared scallops - really good - scallops were cooked well

Almond Orchard - Creamy Spinach and Artichoke dip - good flavors but needed more crackers; Banana Almond Soft-serve sundae - very refreshing. I am discovering i am losing my taste for banana tho - if you love bananas you will love this

Kalua Pork Slider - this was ok - lot of bread and not enough meat for me, Mai Tai - very refreshing on a hot day

Islands of the Carribean: Empanada - very flavorful but not as good as a Natchitoches meat pie

Greece - Bougatsa - I like this - not overly sweet

Thailand - Marinated chicken - very tasty - would have been better with rice

Mexico - Shrimp quesadilla - this was ok but much preferred the tostado

India - Korma Chicken - this had some great flavor to it - like the spices

Germany - Schinkennideln (Pasta gratin) nice and cheesy

Spain - Charcuterie in a cone - liked the varied of meats, cheese and olive

Italy -Cannoli - i always love cannoli LOL

Hops & Barley - Lobster Roll - tasty with good amount of lobster

Japan - Teriyaki Chicken bun - this was ok - too bready for me

Morroco - Chocolate Baklava - never met one of these i havent liked either LOL

France - Escargot croissant - really liked this - garlicky and buttery; Beer braised Beef - this was also good but i thought the meat we got was a little dry - nephew loved it

Ireland - Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout dip - loved it but not enough bread; Guinness Bailey's shake - really liked this, didnt really taste the beer;

Well I had 6 days to snack at the booths in Epcot so I tasted a lot. Here is what we tried:

Favorites:
Mexico - short Rib tostado - Best thing I ate!; La Chancla (Sangria) - Loved this, was very refreshing; El Padrino(Blackberry Punch) Another refreshing drink - loved it too

Simmering Sips Mimosa Bar - Tropical mimosa

Flavors from Fire: Charred Chimichurri steak on Corn Cake - great flavors

Active Eats - Loaded Mac' n' Cheese - soo good and cheesy

Coastal Eats: Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip - oh man was this good! I finished it with a spoon

Chocolate Studio: Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond truffle - loved it

Australia - Grilled Lamb Chop - this was excellent

China - Xi'an Pancake with Beef - biggest surprise - very tasty

Italy - Fritto Misto - really liked this - crisp and well spiced sauce

Hops & Barley - Carrot cake with cream cheese Icing - OMG that icing!

Belgium - Belgium waffle with Berry compote - so good, crisp waffle and the berry compte was really good

Brazil - Moqueca (Seafood stew) This was really good! Great flavors

France - La Passion Martini slush - loved this!

Ireland - Roasted Irish sausage - I thought this was quite tasty, loved the potatoes and gravy with it

Canada - Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon - this was great - perfectly cooked for me (medium)

Tasted:
Festival Center Wine shop - White flight - Loved the Fess Parker Reisling but the other two were just ok

Simmering Sips: Fromosa - it was ok, like the Tropical much more

Earth Eats: Steakhouse blended burger - this was ok. I did like the crunch from the potato chip

Cheese studio - Maple Bourbon boursin cheesecake - very good but would have liked it colder

Wine & Dine studio: Seared scallops - really good - scallops were cooked well

Almond Orchard - Creamy Spinach and Artichoke dip - good flavors but needed more crackers; Banana Almond Soft-serve sundae - very refreshing. I am discovering i am losing my taste for banana tho - if you love bananas you will love this

Kalua Pork Slider - this was ok - lot of bread and not enough meat for me, Mai Tai - very refreshing on a hot day

Islands of the Carribean: Empanada - very flavorful but not as good as a Natchitoches meat pie

Greece - Bougatsa - I like this - not overly sweet

Thailand - Marinated chicken - very tasty - would have been better with rice

Mexico - Shrimp quesadilla - this was ok but much preferred the tostado

India - Korma Chicken - this had some great flavor to it - like the spices

Germany - Schinkennideln (Pasta gratin) nice and cheesy

Spain - Charcuterie in a cone - liked the varied of meats, cheese and olive

Italy -Cannoli - i always love cannoli LOL

Hops & Barley - Lobster Roll - tasty with good amount of lobster

Japan - Teriyaki Chicken bun - this was ok - too bready for me

Morroco - Chocolate Baklava - never met one of these i havent liked either LOL

France - Escargot croissant - really liked this - garlicky and buttery; Beer braised Beef - this was also good but i thought the meat we got was a little dry - nephew loved it

Ireland - Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout dip - loved it but not enough bread; Guinness Bailey's shake - really liked this, didnt really taste the beer;

Sorry guys, it's my fault. I was browsing everything last night and I literally thought to myself, hmm, the wine flights seem a bit on the cheap side for Disney (even though they are like 1 oz pours).

In all seriousness though BAD WORDS!!! I get the change in water bottle price since the rest of the parks changed but slipping in price increases on other stuff? Creeps.

Okay, I have the WDW app; I am not finding the F&W map and list of foods people are posting about. So, I googled F&W app. Nothing. I have an Android phone. Help please as I would love to have this app!!

I saw the Epcot trays on Tim Tracker's vlog. Need to find these trays when we get there on the 14th!! Cannot wait. With a party of 5 they will be needed.

This upsets me... why make those who chose to go during the second half of the festival pay more?? I understand that prices went up across the parks for other food and drink items, but these prices should have remained the same throughout the entire Festival!!
I think this is in relation to the $15 pay increase. I think we will be seeing all food increasing across all of Disney. This is just the first round.

Just curious-were any of the price increases on food or all on beverages? Maybe they did it because Disney was afraid that guests would make a special trip from MK to Epcot (such a short jaunt) just to save 50 cents on a bottle of water.

Just curious-were any of the price increases on food or all on beverages? Maybe they did it because Disney was afraid that guests would make a special trip from MK to Epcot (such a short jaunt) just to save 50 cents on a bottle of water.
I heard it was across the board at Refreshment Port.

This upsets me... why make those who chose to go during the second half of the festival pay more?? I understand that prices went up across the parks for other food and drink items, but these prices should have remained the same throughout the entire Festival!!

It's not just for food. First, we're tacking on fees to stay at the resorts. Then, we're adding extra hours to HS and MK so that people can actually try to ride the popular attractions, but that's not included with the price of admission. Speaking of admission, you could now pay more for your tickets depending on what "season" you go in. But this is a tangent for another thread perhaps.

Food, focus on food. I totally agree. I don't think it's fair that people who are going during the later half of the festival have to pay more for the same portions that were offered at the beginning. I mean, they've already run out of some of the decorative glasses so now people are going to have to pay a higher price for plastic cups that get tossed in the trash. Many guests have set budgets that are already stretched thin. A dollar here or a dollar there may not seem like much, but it adds up. If they wanted to increase the prices for next year, fine, but changing it in the middle of the event seems unfair. Of course, Disney doesn't really care what I think so the point is moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter