2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

We’re going to upgrade one ticket to an AP the day before our trip. We’ve already booked F&W culinary & bev seminars. Is there a chance we could get the AP rates on those? Anyone booked & then called in an attempt to re-book at the AP rate? Are those rates restricted to the AP holder only?

We’re going to upgrade one ticket to an AP the day before our trip. We’ve already booked F&W culinary & bev seminars. Is there a chance we could get the AP rates on those? Anyone booked & then called in an attempt to re-book at the AP rate? Are those rates restricted to the AP holder only?

So we're planning to do the same thing, and while I haven't booked culinary seminars, I was able to get the AP rates for MNSSHP and DAH by telling the CM on the phone that we were planning to upgrade, so they gave us the AP rate in advance. If you've already book them, I would definitely suggest calling in and asking for the AP rate, or once you upgrade to an AP, then call in and ask fro the refund.

I’m not sure about the rebooking, but I suggest that you check the expiration date of the AP once you upgrade. Last year, we purchased a multi-day ticket in May. Before using it in September, we upgraded it to the AP. Instead of having an expiration date for Sept. ‘18 (1 year from first use), it was for May ‘18. I had to visit customer service to fix the expiration date.

Honestly, it's a no refund event so I don't think they will cancel and refund you. I would just move on with this idea.

Disney Food Blog put out a video of the new food items from the media preview including her take on them.

Also included some images of the candy sushi (which she specifically says is for "kids of all ages" - I know a few people on here were wanting to do this even though they don't have kids)

Disney Food Blog put out a video of the new food items from the media preview including her take on them.

Also included some images of the candy sushi (which she specifically says is for "kids of all ages" - I know a few people on here were wanting to do this even though they don't have kids)

Cool! For those interested in the sushi, images are around the 0:45 mark. I hate Swedish fish so I'm talking myself into feeling better about skipping this...

I'm mentally a "kid". I'd hate to take a spot from a real live kid, though.......I may have to wait for the videos that'll come after the festival and make my own at home. If I did indeed have a child of a certain age, I would totally do it with them!

I'm mentally a "kid". I'd hate to take a spot from a real live kid, though.......I may have to wait for the videos that'll come after the festival and make my own at home. If I did indeed have a child of a certain age, I would totally do it with them!
I wouldn't feel guilty at all! This years F&W is full of kids activities!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter