2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I don’t blame you. I would be mad if that happened to me. When we went in March we took our niece and her mom but they were able to charge stuff on their bands to their own credit card. You could try that.
Of course! I dont know I neglected that point. This is what we'll do upon check in, which is the whole reason why I wasn't planning on online check in....duh!

Fwiw Disney can link specific credit/debit cards to specific magic bands when you check in. Do it and then ask for your folios for each person next time you pass the front desk and you should see items divided out by charger. I’ve done that on 2 different trips.
Yes!

Really depends on your eating style. We do the booths for more of lunch so we still can have nice meals in the evening.
We do the same in the one whole time we've done F&W. Lol! It's the main reason we are staying at an Epcot resort this time. Easy access! We do have evening ADRs for most of the dinners. Plus I've booked myself for the Parisian breakfast before dh arrives then the two of us for the Parisian Family lunch thing the next day. I don't expect well be hungry for any booths on that afternoon (after a 3.5 hour luncheon)!

We have the F&WF wristband gift card from several years ago. I can add to it at our local Disney Store and I have been able to transfer other Disney GCs to that card through the website. Super convenient!
This is promising. When I tried combining a Target purchased DGC to one I had received from my sisters from the Disney Store, it wouldn't allow me to combine. I think I deleted that one from the site, too. Can I add those back after deleting them?

Last edited:
is booking a dinner reservation over kill during this event?
That's been our experience. By the time we get half way around WS, we are stuffed and wouldn't even think about doing a sit-down dinner as well.

Has anyone been successful at reserving the candy sushi ?

I go to tasteepcot.com but do not see it anywhere on there

I know that our 11 year old would love love love this special experience - I’m hoping we can get her into it.

:-)

This thousands on gift card just scares me to death. When you lose the card and the finder uses it before you realize it Disney says “too bad”. I know someone that happened to and she was out about $700.

Has anyone been successful at reserving the candy sushi ?

I go to tasteepcot.com but do not see it anywhere on there

I know that our 11 year old would love love love this special experience - I’m hoping we can get her into it.

:-)

Someone called Disney Dining and they said reservations for it open August 16

The first part of our trip is actually me with 6 of my high school gal pals......friends for 40+ years. We're in a BWV and I'm putting the kabash on magic band use. It's all in my name and I don't want to be stuck with owing anything that isn't mine! I'm staying another 4 nights with dh after the gals leave for some more fun! You are totally right, too......it's so easy to just scan that MB!

It’s almost like Disney realizes that and did it on purpose .... :rolleyes1

I wish we could order the 2018 Food and Wine bracelet gift card ahead of time. I haven't been able to get one ahead of our trips on the gift card site or the Disney site. I do still have one from last year but I like to get the new ones each year.

I never do, 85% of my meals come from the booths, the little culinary demos and the pairing meals. I eat breakfast at the resort or at another park and I might grab a cobb salad at HS for lunch one day but that's it for my entire trip of 4 to 6 nights.

I guess everyone's different. Maybe it depends on how long you're going for. We go for a week, and after several days we want a change from balancing the little plate of food on our lap outside, so we book a TS meal for sometime during the week, usually in the latter part of the week. For us, it's a nice change.

Hello!
We are going to the F&W festival November 5 or 6 do you think they still will have the mercahdise?
I would love to buy some for DH (and I) but I am afraid they will sell out?

We went those days a few years ago and the merch was pretty much sold out. I would try ordering online for an item you absolutely want because chances are it wont be available when you go.

We went those days a few years ago and the merch was pretty much sold out. I would try ordering online for an item you absolutely want because chances are it wont be available when you go.
Thank you... now just to find where I can order them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter