2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Candy Sushi. Finally was able to grab a spot on 9/9 @5:30 but only for 2. Hope to be able to modify for all 4 of us but if we can’t I plan on showing up and letting our girls do it. I called dining and they said the part that under 7 must me accompanied by an adult doesn’t mean the adult has to participate. Hope this holds true!

I was wondering about this. I signed my 2 kids up, but it's showing as me and one of my kids on MDE. I was worried they would force me to do it and bump one of my kids. Thanks for posting.

Was just able to book candy sushi for 9/5 at 3:30p online! I searched before logging into MDE and it wasn't available but then I searched again after I logged in and it showed. Not sure it that makes a difference or not.

Also what are the odds the Guinness Bailey shake will actually be served in the glass its pictured in in the media preview event photos?
Actually DFB reported yesterday that it was to be served in the glass

Was just able to book candy sushi for 9/5 at 3:30p online! I searched before logging into MDE and it wasn't available but then I searched again after I logged in and it showed. Not sure it that makes a difference or not.

Also what are the odds the Guinness Bailey shake will actually be served in the glass its pictured in in the media preview event photos?

We will be at the same candy sushi :)
Our 12 year old is participating, DH and I “supervising”

Am I crazy for considering this? My flight lands at noon and after the rental car pickup, drive to EP and activate my AP and go in for a passport and maybe a booth or two. Then will need to leave by 2:30 to go check in to my timeshare. After that I have a 5:30 dinner at Boma and then going to AK for a Navi FP and RoL. Then go to DS to walk around a bit. I need to also get my MNSSHP tickets and MVMCP tickets at guest services, but think I will do that at DS so I can have a little time in EP before I have to leave. I am trying to get my 4 days in EP in as quickly as possible so I can get the cutting board. I would also be going to EP for the next 3 days

I was wondering about this. I signed my 2 kids up, but it's showing as me and one of my kids on MDE. I was worried they would force me to do it and bump one of my kids. Thanks for posting.
Yep. I tried to get all 4 of us but nothing. I tried for 2 and BAM! so I took the 2 spots. My MDE shows the same. Me and one daughter. From what I have heard and read, a lot of parents signed up and are planning to watch but don't have a res for themselves. Guess we will find out when we arrive! But I did call again today, twice. both times the agent said it shouldn't be a problem letting our girls do it.

Yep. I tried to get all 4 of us but nothing. I tried for 2 and BAM! so I took the 2 spots. My MDE shows the same. Me and one daughter. From what I have heard and read, a lot of parents signed up and are planning to watch but don't have a res for themselves. Guess we will find out when we arrive! But I did call again today, twice. both times the agent said it shouldn't be a problem letting our girls do it.

I made the reservation over the phone at 7am on day 1. The CM asked how many children and their ages. I never even thought about making a reservation for any of the adults in our party. She said nothing about me having to sign up because my kids were under 7....I only noticed that later on the website.

I made the reservation over the phone at 7am on day 1. The CM asked how many children and their ages. I never even thought about making a reservation for any of the adults in our party. She said nothing about me having to sign up because my kids were under 7....I only noticed that later on the website.
That's weird. My CM asked how many adults, children, and infants.

Am I crazy for considering this? My flight lands at noon and after the rental car pickup, drive to EP and activate my AP and go in for a passport and maybe a booth or two. Then will need to leave by 2:30 to go check in to my timeshare. After that I have a 5:30 dinner at Boma and then going to AK for a Navi FP and RoL. Then go to DS to walk around a bit. I need to also get my MNSSHP tickets and MVMCP tickets at guest services, but think I will do that at DS so I can have a little time in EP before I have to leave. I am trying to get my 4 days in EP in as quickly as possible so I can get the cutting board. I would also be going to EP for the next 3 days
I think you'd be cutting it close. You need to factor in time to pick up luggage and pick up rental car. The drive from MCO to Disney is roughly 25 minutes. If you're flight is delayed, you probably will not have the time. Also, lines are always notoriously long for getting through the turnstiles in Epcot. Often they only have a few of them open.

If you try it, please let us know if you're successful!

I think you'd be cutting it close. You need to factor in time to pick up luggage and pick up rental car. The drive from MCO to Disney is roughly 25 minutes. If you're flight is delayed, you probably will not have the time. Also, lines are always notoriously long for getting through the turnstiles in Epcot. Often they only have a few of them open.

If you try it, please let us know if you're successful!
My original plan was to just go to DS to activate , shop a little and then go to the timeshare. Decisions, decisions....
I can catch the 4th day later in the trip - I just don't want them to run out. LOL

My original plan was to just go to DS to activate , shop a little and then go to the timeshare. Decisions, decisions....
I can catch the 4th day later in the trip - I just don't want them to run out. LOL

I wouldn't worry about them running out unless your 4th day is closer to the end of the festival

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter