• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not alone. I never get the emails even though I have reported the problem to IT and my case has "been escalated".
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Sorry, but .... Every time I hear about some IT person "escalating" the problem it makes me ROTFL :rotfl2::rotfl2:
I picture some computer geek folding a paper airplane with my name on it and flying across the room.... Then they go back to Fortnite!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Sorry, but .... Every time I hear about some IT person "escalating" the problem it makes me ROTFL :rotfl2::rotfl2:
I picture some computer geek folding a paper airplane with my name on it and flying across the room.... Then they go back to Fortnite!

I am pretty sure that is exactly what happens, thank you for the laugh!!! I also cannot get an AP email to save my life and have contacted Disney with zero resolution.

We are from CA and only going to WDW for a total of four nights during F&W but are staying at BCV so we can easily scan in four different days to get our cutting boards.

I really want the pin that is on the article about the Thursday shopping days but I am not sure if they will have any by the time we are there in late September, fingers crossed as it would look fantastic on my Figment pin board!

This thousands on gift card just scares me to death. When you lose the card and the finder uses it before you realize it Disney says “too bad”. I know someone that happened to and she was out about $700.
If you take a picture of your Disney gift card front and back right when you purchase a Disney is very good about coming to your rescue. This happened to my daughter and luckily she had her receipt from where she purchased it which they were able to use to completely return her balance to a new gift card

This thousands on gift card just scares me to death. When you lose the card and the finder uses it before you realize it Disney says “too bad”. I know someone that happened to and she was out about $700.
I feel the same way. The most we’ve used gift cards for is $50 for the kids to spend.

I have a Disney VISA and when we have points built up I only load a certain amount on the rewards card at a time. I just worry about losing it somehow, and don’t want to deal with the hassle of trying to get it replaced.

We tend to use MBs, and I love how we then end up with a nice, detailed folio from the resort.

We get the commemorative, wrist band gift card during the festival and just load as we go. I think we maxed it out with $30. We have a neat souvenir, the convenience of the card, and no worries about losing a card with thousands of dollars on it.

I'm disappointed those 4 glasses won't be released all at the same time. I get it. If they stagger stuff they think they can get people to make repeat visits. Unfortunately, when you live in Wisconsin that just isn't going to happen :-(.

I like that they're staggering stuff. My first F&W visit won't be until October. Previous years, by then, the best merchandise is long sold out.

I like that they're staggering stuff. My first F&W visit won't be until October. Previous years, by then, the best merchandise is long sold out.

I don’t mind that they are staggering stuff - but wish all the glasses were together and then shift some of the other stuff around ... but again, probably Disney wanting to promote multiple trips

I can can only go once, and I really wish the Goofy raglan was part of the first release.
Did I see seating for the concerts as a perk also?

We had to push our November trip out to March. Disappointed to miss F&W this year, but plan to check out what food and beers they have during Flower & Garden festival. I know Disney Food Blog posts menus for the Flower and Garden booths, but does anyone know if there's a app for your phone with all the items like there is for F&W? If not, do they have a passport with a checklist to pick up in the park on our first day?

We had to push our November trip out to March. Disappointed to miss F&W this year, but plan to check out what food and beers they have during Flower & Garden festival. I know Disney Food Blog posts menus for the Flower and Garden booths, but does anyone know if there's a app for your phone with all the items like there is for F&W? If not, do they have a passport with a checklist to pick up in the park on our first day?
I think its the same app as F&W. When I downloaded the app, the F&W stuff wasn't loaded and it listed the F&G stuff

They have done the booklet in the past (like passport)
I have an Android phone and the app I have for F&W is called WDW Food&Wine. In that app, you can select your event, and it shows past F&W as well as F&G
I remember seeing a similar app when we went in April, and if you have an iphone I'm sure itsi even better

I think its the same app as F&W. When I downloaded the app, the F&W stuff wasn't loaded and it listed the F&G stuff

They have done the booklet in the past (like passport)
I have an Android phone and the app I have for F&W is called WDW Food&Wine. In that app, you can select your event, and it shows past F&W as well as F&G
I remember seeing a similar app when we went in April, and if you have an iphone I'm sure itsi even better

Yep I think you’re right. You can switch it to different event menus.

Thank you all so much! I used that app last year and then deleted it from my phone. I assumed it was only for F&W. I will re-install it and see if I can pull up Flower & Garden info once it gets closer.

I liked the feature where it would add up the total cost of the food and alcohol to see what your max spending should be. It's probably not logical, but it made me feel more relaxed knowing that if we try every beer they have to offer, it will only cost up to $X. Somehow to me that was better than adding it all up after the fact and thinking, "Crap we spent $X on beer!"

Also, we like to go multiple days and do most of our eating and beer tasting at the booths rather than quick service in the other parks, so it's nice to have a list of what we've already done and what we've yet to try. The kids (teens) like to have their own lists in case they go without us and try different items.

If you take a picture of your Disney gift card front and back right when you purchase a Disney is very good about coming to your rescue. This happened to my daughter and luckily she had her receipt from where she purchased it which they were able to use to completely return her balance to a new gift card

I know at least one person who lost hers and by the time she went to Disney it already been spent and they would do nothing. I can’t say I blame them as there’s nothing to stop me from going in there and saying I lost my gift card when the truth is I actually spent it

Was just able to book candy sushi for 9/5 at 3:30p online! I searched before logging into MDE and it wasn't available but then I searched again after I logged in and it showed. Not sure it that makes a difference or not.

Also what are the odds the Guinness Bailey shake will actually be served in the glass its pictured in in the media preview event photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter