2018 Princess Half Marathon

So, question of the day, what costumes/themes are people planning on for the different races? :)

Disney runner is a perfectly acceptable answer!:earboy2:

Rapunzel for the 10K, which I wore for the half back in 2015. Happy I can get another use out of it. And Belle, in yellow, for the half. Not elaborate though, more “Disney-bounding runner”...

I always give props to people who run in full costumes, I always go the disney-bounding route.

I'll be Mary Poppins (first outfit we see her in) for the 10k and Megara for the half marathon.

For those who have run this race before - what do you carry with you when you run the race?

I have a belt that I can wear, but it only fits my phone + nothing else. I was thinking I'll be wearing a magicband, so I can get back into my room. I will have my phone and headphones. Should I bring my ID and health insurance card in case of emergency? What about a granola bar, or are there enough refreshments on course - it looks like there is plenty of water/powerade so I don't feel like I'll need that - I don't take water with me on long runs. Of my longest runs, I don't get hungry on the 8 milers, but I did get hungry on the 9 and 11 miler, but didn't get hungry on the 14 miler (but I did have a single gummy...).

If you bring your ID make sure it's secure! I dropped mine out of my belt once and thankfully someone saw me do it! I had to double back and look for it in the dark, I'll never run with my ID in my belt again!

If you bring your ID make sure it's secure! I dropped mine out of my belt once and thankfully someone saw me do it! I had to double back and look for it in the dark, I'll never run with my ID in my belt again!

For me I lost cards when I took off my flip belt! Made it all the way through the Vancouver half then I took it off I’m the beer garden, and lost hotel keycard. And my credit card.

(I was so wiped out from that event. We walked, painfully for me, about to long city blocks and were going to get food when I went to get out my cc and found it was missing. I somehow found the adrenaline to RUN back to the finish area to search. And because it was Canada, someone had found them and turned them in.)

Haven’t worn the flip belt since.

I’m not dressing up. Yes, I’m a party pooper, but I don’t have the talent to make my own costumes and I’m too cheap to buy one. I could Disney bound I guess, but I’m too lazy to put in the effort to find the appropriate pieces. Hopefully my Team Up for Autism Speaks tank top arrives in time so I can wear it for the half.

5K: Tinkerbell (what I wore for the 10K in 2016, but I added green LED lights to my tutu to change it up a little this year)
10K: Merida
HM: Anna

@Novatrix I disneybounded as Megara for the PHM in 2013. :) That's one of my favorite race photos of myself.

Elsa for the 10K (I think, other options are Alice in Wonderland or Aurora)...the sleeves on the Aurora costume bother me standing still, so I doubt I will wear it. LOL. Rapunzel for the half for sure. ::yes::

Aurora for the 10K- it’s my outfit for the WDW 1/2 last year that didn’t happen. I ran the full the next day instead but it was a lot colder and the cold weather gear I had brought looked horrible with it- I wore it anyway but looked so crazy. Looking forward to wearing the outfit properly!

I will be Ursula at the 1/2. My friend who is doing the 1/2 only will be Ariel.

I'm Disney bounding for each race. Wearing Pink/Purple with a lightup flower crown for the 5K; wearing navy blue/dark green with a tartan belt for the 10K, and I have a Snow White themed tank with red bow headband for the Half :)

They are using the new arena for runDisney merch, photopass, and a meet and greet.

905BC475-F9D9-4C86-BDCD-256F62F4E12F.png

I wonder if this will work any better than WDW weekend.

We'll be a group of 5 (me, wife, 2 daughters and a son-in-law) in dalmatian t-shirts; we're not doing the whole ears, tails, etc., thing. We have two in corral A, 2 in corral B and one in corral D, but everyone will drop back and run together in D. We're not treating it as a race; just going to have fun. We'll do our dog-gone :) best to stay single or double file.

I will be Bing Bong for the 10k, my grandson's suggestion, and Donald Duck for the half (aware that its not princess related, but not sure when I'm going to race again). I feel Donald and I are kindred spirits!LOL

Hi everyone, just want to check in and confirm that they still 100% do not offer deferrals, correct? We're expecting our first baby in September and thought I could just walk the races but I have been so SICK the past few weeks, all day, every day!!! :crazy2: We have been talking about next week and are realizing it's probably little more than a pipe dream at this point. It's so hard to plan these races so far in advance. At least this way no one has to worry about watching me puke on the plane, in the parks, or on the side of the road (lol). I will have to live vicariously through all of you! The merch and themes look amazing this year, I am very sad to miss out on all of it. I had even planned special race shirts with Flora and Merryweather fighting over pink or blue. We are very excited obviously about the baby but it's still early so I'm trying to console myself that it's better to be cautious. Maybe we will plan a makeup trip later in the spring when I (hopefully) feel better. Good luck runners!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter