2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got mine today! Super excited because last year we were not able to score tickets for this event.

I suspect it is $10 because there were so many no shows. Last year half of the session I was in didn't attend (they pulled people from the standby line) and the CM said that was pretty typical.

Not to mention that there were a ton of adults signing up for what clearly is marketed to kids because "it's free and it's at Disney" (they could have cared less about actually doing this it was just this "we are getting a freebie" mentality. I think sometimes if Disney announced they had a "free bathroom" program where you could use their bathrooms for free some people would think it's a deal LOL!)

I suspect it is $10 because there were so many no shows. Last year half of the session I was in didn't attend (they pulled people from the standby line) and the CM said that was pretty typical.

Definity this! It has been proven that charging a small fee for a class or event- alters the commitment level and more people will actually show up than if it is "free". It is interesting that the same concept applies even at Disney when you have already paid to be there.

I was wondering for those who have done the candy sushi making class before, about how long does it last? I was only able to get a reservation on our last day at 3:30 pm but our ME will be at 5.

I was wondering for those who have done the candy sushi making class before, about how long does it last? I was only able to get a reservation on our last day at 3:30 pm but our ME will be at 5.

Around 30 minutes. I just checked our photo time stamps from last year, and the finished candy sushi photos were 5:58pm. (Our res was 5:30pm)

I don't usually book eat to the beat packages, but I did today for Kenny G. Fingers crossed the weather is nice, this should be fun!

I have a few questions regarding Eat to the Beat. I have a dining package booked for the 3rd show. Will I still be able to get a seat relatively close without having to get there super early. My dining time is 530 pm at Rose and Crown. I am hoping to also see the 2nd show of the day with no package. When should I get there by? We plan on basically spending the entire day at Epcot. We have a 1230 lunch reservation at Le Celliar-spelling- in Canada.

I have a few questions regarding Eat to the Beat. I have a dining package booked for the 3rd show. Will I still be able to get a seat relatively close without having to get there super early. My dining time is 530 pm at Rose and Crown. I am hoping to also see the 2nd show of the day with no package. When should I get there by? We plan on basically spending the entire day at Epcot. We have a 1230 lunch reservation at Le Celliar-spelling- in Canada.
It pretty much depends on how popular the act is. Which performer/group are you planning to see?

Hi @amycishere
Hanson is one of the groups people start lining up for (stand by) early in the day. It's good you have a dining package for that night.
For your concert with the reserved seating, I'd plan to get in the reserved line at least by 7pm for the 8pm concert.

We’ve been going to F&W off and on for 14ish years. While booking has always been a pain that wouldn’t ever keep us away.

We LOVE the booths and some of the special events like French Family Meal Traditions, Hibachi Experience and Tokyo Dining.

I hate that they don’t have the awesome What’s Cooking With... events where the chefs prepared the food, talked to the audience, etc.

And they could use more special events in general. The cooking demos just aren’t worth it anymore, and I just can’t take Pam Smith.

But I sincerely doubt Disney has done anything close to killing the goose that laid this golden egg!! There are more festivals spread throughout the year which will naturally spread out crowds. I’m not worried about them on this front. ;)

It pretty much depends on how popular the act is. Which performer/group are you planning to see?
Hanson on 10/28.

Hanson is one of, if not the most, popular acts. If a seat up close is important to you, I’d get in the package line at least 60 min before showtime. I wouldn’t count on getting in via standby at all. I’ve seen people begin lining up at lunch time. That said, it’s possible to enjoy the music from anywhere in the pavilion and there are some picnic tables, planters, a fountain and the quick serve patio for seating. To listen, you can literally just walk up. However, with a 5:30 ADR, I wouldn’t count on being done with time to walk over to hear start of 6:45 show. Maybe see if there’s a breakfast or lunch package available vs the 5:30 and rethink Le Cellier? I think a package is definitely necessary for Hanson if a seat in the theater is important to you. Good luck! It’s such a fun time of year to visit!!

Last edited:
I hate that they don’t have the awesome What’s Cooking With... events where the chefs prepared the food, talked to the audience, etc.

I feel the same way. I appreciate that they experimented with a different format last year (and having in World ShowPlace is much better than old Festival Center). But the straight Q&A just isn’t as interesting to me as a cooking demo. I’m still signed up for one - huge Top Chef fan and the opportunity to see Fabio is just too tempting. But I’d definitely prefer to see them cooking. If cooking, I’d have signed up for a few more.

Hanson is one of, if not the most, popular acts. If a seat up close is important to you, I’d get in the package line at least 60 min before showtime. I wouldn’t count on getting in via standby at all. I’ve seen people begin lining up at lunch time. That said, it’s possible to enjoy the music from anywhere in the pavilion and there are some picnic tables, planters, a fountain and the quick serve for seating. To listen, you can literally just walk up. However, with a 5:30 ADR, I wouldn’t count on being done with time to walk over to hear start of 6:45 show. Maybe see if there’s a breakfast or lunch package available vs the 5:30 and rethink Le Cellier? I think a package is definitely necessary for Hanson if a seat in the theater is important to you. Good luck! It’s such a fun time of year to visit!!

Thank you!!! I REALLY appreciate this information!! I will hopefully get to hear the music of the second show (seat not important just hoping to hear the songs) and hope to grab a seat for my package 3rd show. I want to hopefully try and keep my 530pm dining time as I am VERY excited about Rose and Crown and have never eaten there. Le Cellier might be our absolute favorite so we really are excited about that too. However, I will talk to fans on the free Hanson boards as well.

Did I read somewhere that Ghirardelli's sundaes are going to be sold at Sunshine Seasons, since their chocolate booth is in the Land? Please confirm this so I don't think it was just wishful thinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter