2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read somewhere that Ghirardelli's sundaes are going to be sold at Sunshine Seasons, since their chocolate booth is in the Land? Please confirm this so I don't think it was just wishful thinking!

It’s true. You didn’t dream it. 🍨

And for the tantalizing scoop on chocolate, you won’t want to miss The Chocolate Experience: From Bean to the Bar hosted by Ghirardelli Chocolate Company. Located for the first time at the entrance of the Harvest Theater in The Land pavilion, Ghirardelli will whip up chocolate sundae treats that will be available for purchase at Sunshine Seasons.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ternational-food-wine-festival-begins-aug-29/

As I understand it, you’d just book for the 2 kids and adults could enter with them and sit behind them and assist... but the adults in that scenario wouldn’t get a seat at the table with their own materials.
I'm thinking about booking this for the "kids" in our group. It would be for my 2 daughters (ages 14 and 16) who would accompany my nieces (ages 11 and 7). The adults would be present, but certainly don't need to participate. I am assuming that the names are not relevant, correct? I started to book a reservation, but it lists me as the "lead" and I am not planning on participating. I would send my 16 year old daughter in my place. Is that how I should book it?

I'm thinking about booking this for the "kids" in our group. It would be for my 2 daughters (ages 14 and 16) who would accompany my nieces (ages 11 and 7). The adults would be present, but certainly don't need to participate. I am assuming that the names are not relevant, correct? I started to book a reservation, but it lists me as the "lead" and I am not planning on participating. I would send my 16 year old daughter in my place. Is that how I should book it?

Yes, that's how I booked it.

Will AP holders get a F&W gift as in the past? Any idea what it may be?

Bill From PA

No word yet. I’d expect at least a magnet. The cutting boards last year were adorable and the glass in 2016 was awesome, I try not to think about the button experiment in 2017 - what a disaster. Stay tuned.

Lol I saw one one of those buttons in one of my drawers the other day. All I could do was just shake my head

We've been a million times to F&W, but have only done the eat to the beat and the booths. We are traveling with kids ages 12 and 14.

What are everyone's thoughts on the cooking demos, beverage seminars and beverage & food parings?
Are the kids able to attend the cooking demos and beverage & food parings (without alcohol for them, of course)?
Is there an AP or TiW discount for these demos/seminars?
Is the cancellation policy one day for these demos/seminars?
Do you pay when you reserve or when you arrive for these demos/seminars?

TIA!

We've been a million times to F&W, but have only done the eat to the beat and the booths. We are traveling with kids ages 12 and 14.

What are everyone's thoughts on the cooking demos, beverage seminars and beverage & food parings?
Are the kids able to attend the cooking demos and beverage & food parings (without alcohol for them, of course)?

TIA!

You pay at time of reservation and they are non-refundable — with exceptions for extreme circumstances (e.g. hospitalization, Hurricane etc). I’ve also gotten a refund when the specific chef cancels even though the fine print says they are subject to change.

Kids may attend. They pay full price. I wouldn’t think they’d enjoy a beverage seminar - obviously wouldn’t drink - and they don’t serve you the extra serving. I also don’t believe they offer alternative beverages like soda - just water on the table and the only food is a little snack pack of crackers you might put in a lunch box. But if your child were really into food tv they might be interested in a demo or pairing. I attended a demo last year and the 2 kids at the table were bored to tears (spent time on their phones but were quiet) and refused to try the food. I’ve also seen kids really engaged and even asking the chef questions. I’ve also seen a fussy toddler that the parent didn’t remove - that would likely earn you “a look” ... not that you were suggesting that!

I believe there is a small discount for demos and seminars held Mon-Thurs and if I recall correctly you have to call to book it with a discount... booking online won’t recognize a discount.

They will pay the full price for beverage and food pairings. And there are no refunds or cancellation.

TIA!

Lots of questions!

The cooking demos are nice especially if you've never attended. Beverage seminars are ok. Don't expect to get much alcohol for what you pay though.
Yes they are. They will probably be the only ones at the event.
There is a $2 discount
No refunds
You pay when you reserve

@2xcited2sleep, @randumb0, @Deb & Bill
Thank you! I'm going to wait until we have firm plans to book and I'll book for just DH and I. The kids are interested in cooking (14-year old took cooking as his elective this past year), but it's WDW. They'll prefer to get some ice cream or do a ride somewhere.

What are everyone's thoughts on the cooking demos, beverage seminars and beverage & food parings? Cooking demos are only good if the chef takes over from the overbearing hostess who thinks you actually came to see her. She's so unbelievably obnoxious I gave them up!

Hi...attending my first Food and Wine Festival this year. I know there has been mention of getting the F&W giftcard to use for purchases. I was wondering if a regular Disney Giftcard works or if I can purchase the F&W giftcard with a Disney giftcard as a keep sake? Thanks.

What are everyone's thoughts on the cooking demos, beverage seminars and beverage & food parings? Cooking demos are only good if the chef takes over from the overbearing hostess who thinks you actually came to see her. She's so unbelievably obnoxious I gave them up!
I've been catching up on this thread and she sounds like she's ruined what could be great events. Maybe that's why there is so much availability!

Hi...attending my first Food and Wine Festival this year. I know there has been mention of getting the F&W giftcard to use for purchases. I was wondering if a regular Disney Giftcard works or if I can purchase the F&W giftcard with a Disney giftcard as a keep sake? Thanks.

You can use a regular Disney gift card for all purchases except other gift cards. The reason that F&W gift cards are so popular, is that they are nice souvenirs after being used, and they can be reloaded with more money at the souvenir tents and at the Festival Center (if they have one this year).

You can use a regular Disney gift card for all purchases except other gift cards. The reason that F&W gift cards are so popular, is that they are nice souvenirs after being used, and they can be reloaded with more money at the souvenir tents and at the Festival Center (if they have one this year).
You also can't charge it back to your room. It was either cash or credit. They are really cute and I got all 4 last year, I may do it again.

You also can't charge it back to your room. It was either cash or credit. They are really cute and I got all 4 last year, I may do it again.

In addition to the themed F&W cards to wear around your wrist ($15 minimum to load) there was also a version that came with a lanyard and a “special medallion” (note this is not a pin). That was minimum $250 to load. Pictures of both from last year here

Last edited:
@2xcited2sleep, @randumb0, @Deb & Bill
Thank you! I'm going to wait until we have firm plans to book and I'll book for just DH and I. The kids are interested in cooking (14-year old took cooking as his elective this past year), but it's WDW. They'll prefer to get some ice cream or do a ride somewhere.
The food and wine pairings can last two or more hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter