2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good to hear! I've been tempted by it for a few years now but some of the reviews I've read on blogs (one person was like "I guess I just don't like tequila so I didn't like any of it"....then why go lol?) made me worry it was just an okay experience. I'm excited to try it because folks on here seem to really like it!

The first time we attended I was hesitant because while I like margaritas, I wasn't a straight tequila person. But DH and I agreed we'd each get to pick one event and this was his pick. I'm so glad we did it. We've actually attended 4 times now we liked it so much. I discovered that it isn't that I don't like to drink tequila, it is that I don't like to drink bad tequila. That first year I learned a lot and now I do enjoy a good sipping tequila.

This is good to hear! I've been tempted by it for a few years now but some of the reviews I've read on blogs (one person was like "I guess I just don't like tequila so I didn't like any of it"....then why go lol?) made me worry it was just an okay experience. I'm excited to try it because folks on here seem to really like it!

We went a couple of years ago and loved it too!
I think you will always find people who can pick apart anything. We loved the whole thing. I'd go again this time but it doesn't fit in the schedule. Have fun!

Wine Bar George's and Jaleo's website says they accept some Disney dining plans so I would guess "yes". (this is just a guess!)

Sent a message on Jaleo's website asking if Disney gift cards were accepted. I'll let you what information they provide.
I received a reply from my message to Jaleo:

Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, we do accept the Disney Gift Card.
Have a great day,

Jaime
Jaime Jylha

Sales and Event Manager

Is there more info on candy sushi booking opening tomorrow? Did I miss it while skimming the thread?

Has anyone booked Candy Sushi yet? I want 2 spaces for the kids. Do I need to pay for any adults that go with them?

Has anyone booked Candy Sushi yet? I want 2 spaces for the kids. Do I need to pay for any adults that go with them?
As I understand it, you’d just book for the 2 kids and adults could enter with them and sit behind them and assist... but the adults in that scenario wouldn’t get a seat at the table with their own materials.

Tried to book candy sushi online this morning and kept getting errors so I called. I was told they are having a system issue and no department can book yet and was told to keep checking back.

Tried to book candy sushi online this morning and kept getting errors so I called. I was told they are having a system issue and no department can book yet and was told to keep checking back.

Same here, and I just got off the phone. One CM sounded like it'll be online soon, but the first one said "maybe today" 🙄

Hmm.. need to ask the 10&12 year old if they want to make sushi with some of their souvenir money! Is this new or did they have it last year?

Hmm.. need to ask the 10&12 year old if they want to make sushi with some of their souvenir money! Is this new or did they have it last year?

They had it last year. My DD7 liked it, and DD11 is willing to try it this year. Not sure she'd spend her $ on it though, because it's so easy to do at home.

From the website:

Candy Man-Style Maki
Learn how to roll sushi-inspired confectionary creations with a real Disney chef.
Calling all candy fans! Sunshine Seasons invites kids of all ages to sharpen their itamae skills at Candy Sushi, a family-friendly culinary workshop that teaches attendees how to transform their favorite sweets into masterful maki- or nigari-style rolls. By replacing traditional sushi ingredients with gummies, fun strips and crisped rice, you’re sure to finish with a fun-to-eat treat!
Event Details
  • Sunshine Seasons at the Land pavilion in Epcot
  • Daily at 3:30 PM and 5:30 PM
  • $10 for Guests of all ages
  • Reservations are not required, but highly recommended
  • Book online or by calling (407) 939-3378
  • Guests under 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call
  • Children under age 7 must be accompanied by an adult
  • Theme park admission is required and not included
  • Event is subject to change or cancellation without notice
Candy provided by Mars Wrigley Confectionary.

Reservations (Candy Sushi) seem to be going through now! I have a confirmation!

Are they really charging $10? I did it last year and it was free.

I suspect it is $10 because there were so many no shows. Last year half of the session I was in didn't attend (they pulled people from the standby line) and the CM said that was pretty typical.

I suspect it is $10 because there were so many no shows. Last year half of the session I was in didn't attend (they pulled people from the standby line) and the CM said that was pretty typical.

I guess that's a completely different experience than what I had. There was a long standby line and only a few of them were able to join

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter