2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

How busy do we think 12/14-15 will be? 😬
Well, I would expect it to be somewhat busy. It is the last weekend for Signature and Flex before the end of the year blockout -- any time before a major AP block means more crowds in the parks, especially for holidays. It won't be massively busy because the lower 3 passes will have already been blocked, but be realistic about your expectations.

Holiday merchandise has been released! I'm going this weekend to hopefully get the Jersey! :) Missed out on it last year.

https://www.micechat.com/240321-first-look-new-holiday-merchandise-at-disneyland-resort/
Same here. I really wanted that red Christmas spirit jersey but ended up having to choose a different one (I like my Tiki Room jersey, though!) I really do want the new one this time, so maybe I'll pop over to DTD before we even go to the parks and see if it's still in. We get in Nov. 10th and I'm hoping they'll still have some!

Same here. I really wanted that red Christmas spirit jersey but ended up having to choose a different one (I like my Tiki Room jersey, though!) I really do want the new one this time, so maybe I'll pop over to DTD before we even go to the parks and see if it's still in. We get in Nov. 10th and I'm hoping they'll still have some!
I was able to get one today at world of disney. Hopefully once Halloween ends they'll add more merchandise throughout the park. So far only world of disney and Disney showcase have holiday things.

How busy do we think 12/14-15 will be? 😬

I was looking at this weekend as well..., the hotel we like to stay at has plenty of availability but I’m thinking there may be a lot of APs that weekend since we are all mostly blocked beginning 12/20. But I’m definitely not an expert!!!

Just fyi - the red Christmas tote with purchase starts tomorrow (Monday) if you’re like me and think you can never have too many Disney totes. 😂🌲 i was told the minimum purchase is $40 snd totewill be in the $20s (she wasn’t sure on tote price).

Just fyi - the red Christmas tote with purchase starts tomorrow (Monday) if you’re like me and think you can never have too many Disney totes. 😂🌲 i was told the minimum purchase is $40 snd totewill be in the $20s (she wasn’t sure on tote price).
I have the one from last year. It's so cute!

When does the tree normally go up? Also are they doing the christmas special this year? And if so what day?

Oh and FYI. In regards to the red christmas spirit jersey. It runs small. I got an XS, which is what I normally wear, but noticed when I tried it on at home it was smaller. Thankfully it's still long enough for my arms, and I'm not drowning in it like my other ones. If my shoulders were more broad it probably wouldn't fit. So if you like to wear yours looser be sure to try on.

... Also are they doing the christmas special this year? And if so what day?
From today's MP DLR Update (10/28/19):
...Disney has filed for permits that indicate the Disneyland portions of the Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration will be taped between November 10-15, with filming locations to be set up around "it's a small world" and in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. We have no additional information about the taping. It looks like there are also special parade performances scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, November 9 and 10 involving various dance and cheer groups. However, these are not usually part of the Disney Parks production, and take place before the regular performance of A Christmas Fantasy Parade each day.

From today's MP DLR Update (10/28/19):
...Disney has filed for permits that indicate the Disneyland portions of the Disney Parks Magical Christmas Celebration will be taped between November 10-15, with filming locations to be set up around "it's a small world" and in Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge. We have no additional information about the taping. It looks like there are also special parade performances scheduled for Saturday and Sunday, November 9 and 10 involving various dance and cheer groups. However, these are not usually part of the Disney Parks production, and take place before the regular performance of A Christmas Fantasy Parade each day.
Great, we are there the 11th-15th :sad1: This is the last time I let DH pick the dates ;)

So dining opened up on Christmas Day. I booked a 2:05 time at Storytellers... usually brunch ends at 2. Do you think they’ve extended it for Christmas? We only want to go if the characters will be there. Any thoughts???? Should I just call and ask???? I also booked a dinner at Goofy’s Kitchen just to be sure until I figure this out!

So it looks like they’ve moved the parade to daytime only????
That was just for Dec. 6 as noted - for Candlelight. You can see the normal times on the schedule for all other days.

So dining opened up on Christmas Day. I booked a 2:05 time at Storytellers... usually brunch ends at 2. Do you think they’ve extended it for Christmas? We only want to go if the characters will be there. Any thoughts???? Should I just call and ask???? I also booked a dinner at Goofy’s Kitchen just to be sure until I figure this out!
I think you’d need to call to know this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter