2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Two more sleeps till we fly out. While the whole family is excited about the trip, I think I'm a lot more excited about the running than the kids are. Hopefully once we get down there and go to the expo their excitement will pickup.

Anyone else flying Southwest and nervous about the "operational emergency" they've declared because the labor dispute they've got going on with mechanics. I think as of Friday they had cancelled 100 flights (which was only 2% of their flights) because of it. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse.

I hadn't heard either! Also flying SW... Ugh

We just changed our flight out of DC Wednesday to Tuesday due to the weather, hadn’t heard about the other issue...

I’m staying in a hotel at BWI Tuesday night since I live a few hours away. Weather in Baltimore looks like it will start around 7 and my flight is at 8. I can’t decide if I should try to move to the 6am or not. Ugh.

Oh no, I’m flying Southwest too. :guilty::headache: Between this and all of the snowy weather lately (we had another storm literally all day yesterday and have another coming Wednesday) I’m not taking this trip for granted and assuming it’s happening until I’m actually down there.

One more sleep for me! I’m taking the auto train tomorrow and will be arriving early Wednesday morning.
Safe travels everyone and remember to hydrate! It looks like it’s going to be a warm race weekend.

We took the auto train home to FL (we live about 20 minutes from the Sanford station) after a road trip up the east coast into Canada. We had a blast.

I do drink emergen-C almost daily since I’m teaching most days. Al the little germs I try to stay ahead of the game. I did add Zicam to th Emil this weekend (forgot to bring it to work today) and I’m feeling quite a bit better so hoping it will all be gone by the time I get in the plane Wed...when I’ll be exposed to another body of germs! Lol!

I wish photogs did this for me. I am the one awkwardly placing. Them with jo clue what they look like till I see the pictures! I think I’ll ask this weekend!

I’ve only done the photos in MK. I’m sure they’ll help you out if you ask!

Anyone else flying Southwest and nervous about the "operational emergency" they've declared because the labor dispute they've got going on with mechanics. I think as of Friday they had cancelled 100 flights (which was only 2% of their flights) because of it. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse.

I hadn’t heard of this either. I guess all we can do is hope for the best! :worried:

I wish photogs did this for me. I am the one awkwardly placing. Them with jo clue what they look like till I see the pictures! I think I’ll ask this weekend!
I’ve never done it before so I always wondered! I’m hoping to see a number of people taking medal photos, so if I’m one in the line it’ll just happen naturally lol

We took the auto train home to FL (we live about 20 minutes from the Sanford station) after a road trip up the east coast into Canada. We had a blast.

I agree, it is a blast. I’ve taken it a couple of times and have always enjoyed it. Plus, not having to deal with I-95 is just the cherry on top of a really nice experience.

Oh good gosh, what???

Off to google.

Annnnnd still no merchandise preview. *sigh* I'd really like something happy to look at right about now! Have they ever gone this long in the past and *not* posted a preview?
Yeah, I’m really disappointed in no merchandise preview yet. I’m beginning to think we’re not getting one. I wonder if they’ll hold off on releasing event shirts too until the expo opens.

I'm staying at the Contemporary for the first time for this race. Do I have to take the monorail or is there a bus?

Monorail only for half, bus only for other races

Good to know. I imagine it gets pretty crowded, so being there earlier is better. Will the monorail go around the loop and straight to Epcot or do we still need to change at T & T? I assume it starts running at 3am

and we only got to see the shirts when a volunteer leaked photos on Instagram.

Ah yes the good old days. :) I’m not even sure I was doing princess get back then.

Good to know. I imagine it gets pretty crowded, so being there earlier is better. Will the monorail go around the loop and straight to Epcot or do we still need to change at T & T? I assume it starts running at 3am

You have to change. Just follow the herd. I’m clueless about T&T, and my Garmin decided to try to die that morning, so I had my head down trying to read the garmin message boards and fix my watch, all while literally following the feet in front of me on that journey!

Got a runner tracking question. At what points along the Half course do updates get sent to folks who signed up for tracking?

Pretty concerned I won't get out of Detroit Wed night. I can't change to an earlier flight as I only get 2 personal days per year - taken Thurs and Fri. I've already paid my school board $160 per day for the 2 personal days. I can't control the weather, but am wondering if that expense, my race entry fee and my DVC reservation is recuperable through insurance. Just ugh.

As others have mentioned it's only for the half. When staying at the contemp for MW I tend try to be on the monorail by 3:30. At TTC the switch is easy. From what I remember you exit the monorail and there are signs that say "to Epcot". Everyone will be going in that direction. I think you walk down a ramp going towards the back of the monorail, follow the sidewalk around 2 right turns and then walk up the ramp to the Epcot monorail. I think I've made it to the Epcot monorail stop well before 4 am every time I've done that.

When you exit the monorail stop off to the right by guest services there is a real bathroom. (It's the last one you pass before you head out to the land of porta-potties)

Yeah my social media stalking for previews has turned in to a bit of an obsession. It’s hard to know which sparkle skirts to pack! It’s been years since no merch previews so I’m shocked to be honest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter