2019 Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Pretty concerned I won't get out of Detroit Wed night. I can't change to an earlier flight as I only get 2 personal days per year - taken Thurs and Fri. I've already paid my school board $160 per day for the 2 personal days. I can't control the weather, but am wondering if that expense, my race entry fee and my DVC reservation is recuperable through insurance. Just ugh.

Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully, at Metro it will be rain by the time you leave.

I'm also flying out of Detroit--but not til Thursday.

Pretty concerned I won't get out of Detroit Wed night. I can't change to an earlier flight as I only get 2 personal days per year - taken Thurs and Fri. I've already paid my school board $160 per day for the 2 personal days. I can't control the weather, but am wondering if that expense, my race entry fee and my DVC reservation is recuperable through insurance. Just ugh.

If you have third party insurance and you put those things into it, then put in a claim if you totally can’t get out.

But I don’t know how you booked everything or got insurance.

Don’t give up. Be proactive. Keep an eye on flights and your airport. If it’s that bad that an airport in a winter weather area is closed, will you even have school? (Said as a western Washington person lol)

Can't believe the race is this Sunday!!! We fly in Thursday night and are staying at the Boardwalk. We're planning to go to Epcot on Friday, but will likely to go to the expo in the morning. How are the shuttles to the expo? I'm assuming they make a lot of stops, so would it be better for us to to uber to/from the expo?

Since there’s not a merchandise preview to actually look at, I’m just curious what everyone is hoping to find or get. I’ll most likely get the half marathon pin, since I have a pin for all the RunDisney events I’ve done. I’d also like a shirt but it would depend on what they look like. Does the official merchandise take Disney gift cards?

Also, does anyone have any colors they would like to see for the event shirts? I really hope the half marathon shirt is some shade of pink. It would fit with the theme of the medal. I just hope for a fun color and not grey or black since I have too many of those. The most exciting RunDisney shirt color I have is red.

Can't believe the race is this Sunday!!! We fly in Thursday night and are staying at the Boardwalk. We're planning to go to Epcot on Friday, but will likely to go to the expo in the morning. How are the shuttles to the expo? I'm assuming they make a lot of stops, so would it be better for us to to uber to/from the expo?
I took the Boardwalk bus to the expo for Marathon Weekend last year since I had been at Studios in the morning. It was easier to walk over to the Boardwalk from the park and get their bus instead of taking a bus back to our own resort and then getting the expo bus. If I remember correctly, we didn’t stop anywhere else once we were on, just went directly to Wide World of Sports. Don’t know about the way back since then I took the bus back to my own resort. There might be multiple stops but I’ve never had it take that long.

If you have third party insurance and you put those things into it, then put in a claim if you totally can’t get out.

But I don’t know how you booked everything or got insurance.

Don’t give up. Be proactive. Keep an eye on flights and your airport. If it’s that bad that an airport in a winter weather area is closed, will you even have school? (Said as a western Washington person lol)
Thanks. We have insurance through our Visa, so any part that was booked with it is insured. I’d hopefully be able to cancel & keep my points in holding - I’m at Pop first, VGF Fri-Sun.

Schools rarely ever close here - I think 2x in the 15 years I’ve been teaching. Busses are often suspended, but staff report to work.

I’ll just roll with it and hope for the best. If worst comes to worst at least I’m solo & easier to fit on a Thurs flight if there’s room. Fingers crossed!

Fingers crossed for you. Hopefully, at Metro it will be rain by the time you leave.

I'm also flying out of Detroit--but not til Thursday.
Thx! Me too. I’m not flying out until after work at 8:30pm so I hope it’s warm enough to just be raining at that point!

Also, does anyone have any colors they would like to see for the event shirts? I really hope the half marathon shirt is some shade of pink. It would fit with the theme of the medal. I just hope for a fun color and not grey or black since I have too many of those. The most exciting RunDisney shirt color I have is red.

I took the Boardwalk bus to the expo for Marathon Weekend last year since I had been at Studios in the morning. It was easier to walk over to the Boardwalk from the park and get their bus instead of taking a bus back to our own resort and then getting the expo bus. If I remember correctly, we didn’t stop anywhere else once we were on, just went directly to Wide World of Sports. Don’t know about the way back since then I took the bus back to my own resort. There might be multiple stops but I’ve never had it take that long.

Thanks! Sounds like we'll take the buses to/from the expo. I really want a magenta/purple/deep pink color, similar to the Fairy Tale Challenge jackets from last year (I think)!!

The merchandise preview came so late, but I’m glad it’s finally here! Nothing really jumps out at me, but that doesn’t mean I’ll be saving money lol. I already preordered the weekend jacket, and I already planned to purchase magnets and pins. The Minnie ears are under serious consideration!

The merchandise preview came so late, but I’m glad it’s finally here! Nothing really jumps out at me, but that doesn’t mean I’ll be saving money lol. I already preordered the weekend jacket, and I already planned to purchase magnets and pins. The Minnie ears are under serious consideration!

Was the pre-order jacket a different color?

It seems like a very limited merchandise preview. Guess we'll have to see what's there in person. :)
Definitely limited... The ears are cute and I actually don't own any ears!! Hoping for a cute 19.3 jacket or sweatshirt!

I have a purple sweatshirt from wine and dine 2016 that I love!!!

Did they have race specific headbands at marathon this year cause the past two races I’ve done (Dark Side and Wine and Dine 2018) just had a race weekend

Only thing that interests me slightly is the headband and the ears, which I don't need and probably won't be there Friday afternoon!

What is interesting is the pin/magnets shown. I asked RD specifically if the preorders would be available at the expo and was told "Please know, these items are only available during the registration process and will not be available during the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo." I am going to be fairly annoyed if it is all the same stuff, widely available and I got duped out of my discount. If they had just said, preorder guarantees you the merchandise, I still may have bought and looked at it like insurance. But, I was told it would not be available without preorder.

Was the pre-order jacket a different color?
The preorder jacket is the pink one in the photo that says Half Marathon Weekend on the back. I preordered it before they posted the photo on the preorder page, but later on the back of the jacket was featured on the page. I don't love the design, but it's my first half marathon so I figured it would make a great wearable souvenir. It might grow on me once I receive it and finish the run!

Only thing that interests me slightly is the headband and the ears, which I don't need and probably won't be there Friday afternoon!

What is interesting is the pin/magnets shown. I asked RD specifically if the preorders would be available at the expo and was told "Please know, these items are only available during the registration process and will not be available during the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo." I am going to be fairly annoyed if it is all the same stuff, widely available and I got duped out of my discount. If they had just said, preorder guarantees you the merchandise, I still may have bought and looked at it like insurance. But, I was told it would not be available without preorder.

I sent an email to RD awhile back (I think I mentioned it on this thread as well) and received a vague answer about preorder merchandise. Their answer was:
"All of the commemorative items available for preorder are only available online in a preorder capacity. There will be additional merchandise available at the runDisney Health & Fitness Expo, possibly in different designs, but those items are not guaranteed. Please know that all items available at the expo are subject to availability."

The response I received seemed very generic and open to interpretation, but yours is much more clear cut. Maybe you can bring a copy of the email you received and question it.

The Instagram page has a couple of more things. Apparently there's a pass holder shirt but it looks like passholder is written larger than half marathon, I don't love that.

2 more sleeps until I fly out! Luckily my flight is direct so there's less of a chance bad weather will stop it, but I'm still crossing my fingers! I did an overhaul of my planned outfits- this weekend in going to be hot!! Good luck to everyone traveling! I hope you are all as excited as I am! :D

Hello princesses (and princes)!!!!! We are visiting family this week and will see everyone after Sea World Friday. I hope everyone is as excited as I am for the runs. Corral C/aurora for the half and corral who knows/ariel for the 10k. Anyone else having time zone challenges for this race?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter