2019 Using DxDP credits on others DISCUSSION HERE

But how would they know my name? They don't know whether or not it's my name or my daughter's. I'm not trying to scam anybody. I've paid for all of it. Both rooms have a dining plan. Both with table service credits. Ours just has been upgraded to deluxe. And there are no child credits. As I stated, my children are 16 and 20. So all adult credits.
They wouldn't know your name but both bands would have the same names on it if you are following me. Let's say you and your husband are Jane and Joe Smith. When the server scans the band it will say " 2 adults, Deluxe Dining Plan,Jane Smith-adult, Joe Smith -adult" if you give your daughter one of your bands it will say the same thing obviously. I don't think you have anything to worry about though. Have you thought through which plans you are going to use to cover which meals? The server will scan your band before you order, or should anyway. If they are going to challenge you, you should know beforehand. Depending on what restaurants, you may decide to use 2 deluxe credits and two regular and have zero issues.

They wouldn't know your name but both bands would have the same names on it if you are following me. Let's say you and your husband are Jane and Joe Smith. When the server scans the band it will say " 2 adults, Deluxe Dining Plan,Jane Smith-adult, Joe Smith -adult" if you give your daughter one of your bands it will say the same thing obviously. I don't think you have anything to worry about though. Have you thought through which plans you are going to use to cover which meals? The server will scan your band before you order, or should anyway. If they are going to challenge you, you should know beforehand. Depending on what restaurants, you may decide to use 2 deluxe credits and two regular and have zero issues.
I have. We are planning on using theirs mainly for our 2 breakfasts since we dont' get appetizers with theirs. They will have 2 leftover after our 2 breakfasts. So, I can use them for either California Grill brunch (which is our first of our trip) or Cape May Cafe. Otherwise I am planning on using ours. I am very happy to see that most people aren't having problems now. Fingers crossed.

Yes, I just found it odd that they wouldn't email me and instead called me about it. Everyone else on this thread got an email, at least from what I read, but why did I get a call? I'll be sure to report back!

I just emailed them last Thursday and got a reply on Friday via email. You can try emailing again from a different email address if you prefer having their response in writing. I know that it gives me peace of mind to have a written reply that I can show to a waiter or manager if necessary.

I've been keeping an eye on the ACTUAL experiences thread, and it looks like Disney has pulled back on this one. At this point, I'm wondering if they selected a few restaurants to do a "trial" of not allowed just to see what the reaction would be. Unlike some on that thread, I do not think this had anything to do with using kid's credits to purchase adult meals. That was never the issue with any of the ones reporting not being able to share. Not one person said they were told they couldn't do that; they were only told they couldn't purchase more meals than for the number on their plan. It's unfortunate that they narrowed in on the sharing instead of the kid/adult angle, because we all know that is where they are losing money. I keep wondering why Disney doesn't see that as a problem for them.

I've been keeping an eye on the ACTUAL experiences thread, and it looks like Disney has pulled back on this one. At this point, I'm wondering if they selected a few restaurants to do a "trial" of not allowed just to see what the reaction would be. Unlike some on that thread, I do not think this had anything to do with using kid's credits to purchase adult meals. That was never the issue with any of the ones reporting not being able to share. Not one person said they were told they couldn't do that; they were only told they couldn't purchase more meals than for the number on their plan. It's unfortunate that they narrowed in on the sharing instead of the kid/adult angle, because we all know that is where they are losing money. I keep wondering why Disney doesn't see that as a problem for them.
I've reported several times that I had trouble sharing child credits at H&V. I had one adult and two children in my room. They eventually allowed it, but I was questioned about paying for just 2 adults with this plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter