2020 or 2021

So my family did our “one and done” trip last year...except we had such a good time that we decided we would need to come back in a few years! Originally we thought 4-5 and to plan some other trips until then but now I am itching to go sooner.

Which year is likely to be more crazy - 2020 due to SWGE opening or 2021 due to the anniversary? We would likely go in spring (not around spring break / Easter).

Funny, this is basically our story - we just got back after Thanksgiving and everyone wants to go back ASAP! We probably have the funds to make it happen in 2020 (end of April is what I'm thinking) but I'm not sure whether that's a bad idea with the GE craziness. 2021 sounds so far away, I don't think I could wait any longer than that. I think my wife is leaning towards 2021 and I'm not sure if it's worth trying to convince her to go earlier.

Funny, this is basically our story - we just got back after Thanksgiving and everyone wants to go back ASAP! We probably have the funds to make it happen in 2020 (end of April is what I'm thinking) but I'm not sure whether that's a bad idea with the GE craziness. 2021 sounds so far away, I don't think I could wait any longer than that. I think my wife is leaning towards 2021 and I'm not sure if it's worth trying to convince her to go earlier.

2021 IS a long time away! My folks will be early 70s at that point, so I definitely don't want to wait any longer than that! I want them to still be confident of the rides, lots of walking, generally in good health.

And it gives me time to save properly as we'd want to do a party night.

We were the same! We thought we were taking a one and done trip last year and now dying to go back! We are toying with either 2020 or 2021 as well but sounds like 2021 will be so busy and 2022 will feels so far away and our kids will be that much older (love seeing them being in the magic at a younger age) so we might do both 2020 and 2022! Looking forward to so many cooo things opening that may be tough to get all into one trip anyway.

We were the same! We thought we were taking a one and done trip last year and now dying to go back! We are toying with either 2020 or 2021 as well but sounds like 2021 will be so busy and 2022 will feels so far away and our kids will be that much older (love seeing them being in the magic at a younger age) so we might do both 2020 and 2022! Looking forward to so many cooo things opening that may be tough to get all into one trip anyway.

Personally I “blame” boards like this and TP for “ruining” our one and done plan! I anticipated the kids would love it but was so worried DH would hate it as he has no patience for crowds and lines that I planned the wazoo out of our trip - and as a result we ALL had a great time.

Personally I “blame” boards like this and TP for “ruining” our one and done plan! I anticipated the kids would love it but was so worried DH would hate it as he has no patience for crowds and lines that I planned the wazoo out of our trip - and as a result we ALL had a great time.
Same here!!!!

We had a similar experience. Used to go on a pretty regular basis. Didn’t go for about eight years then went last summer and the bug is back. I wanted to wait until 2020 to go again but we booked another trip for this summer and are already planning for 2020. I imagine another trip in 2021 will be in the offing as well.

If you are deciding based on crowds, it's really not going to make a difference.
it's always going to be crazy. 2019, 2020, 2021
If you are limited on how many trips you can do, then 2021 would make more sense logically, because you will get to experience things that were not available in 2020..

my suggestion would be to go in 2020 AND 2021 :banana::banana:

Our poor DH's never saw it coming :rolleyes1 My dh thought one and done 4 years ago, then we went 2 years ago and now this Feb.
Sadly we'll be 2022 before we go back again. I try not to think about that too much

anyone know if there is a board yet for November 2021? That is when we are going back.

We are doing an extra special end of sept/early oct 2021 trip, including vip plaid tour guide. Supposedly everything new will be open by then.

I have noticed, at least in my case, the more you go, the more you miss it in between trips. The solution is to never go again!

For example, we are just back from Disneyland. Before leaving, I was excited, but didn't feel that I absolutely needed to go (was at WDW last NYE, so it hadn't been too long since I was last there). I have just been back from DLR a couple of weeks, but it feels like I haven't been to Disney in months and I want to go back again RIGHT NOW!

Don't get sucked in. It's like a black hole that you can never escape from.

we are going early-mid Dec 2020. It's been 5 years since we've been and that's too long. We were thinking crowds may be a little less than 2021 because of the 50th and all the new rides will be open. Even if not, we love going in winter and don't want to wait another whole year.

If you think you’ll go again in a year or two then I would just do 2020. If you think After this next trip it’s gonna be a long wait then I would do 2021.

We will be doing 2022 or 2023. We go every 3 years or so which would fall in 2021 but I want to ensure things are done with construction (well I know it’s always changing but for what’s scheduled right now). Also DS will graduate college in 2022/2023 so we will do a big trip. Since we don’t go very often we want to go when things are done and open. More new things!

But last week I brought up the idea of an adult only trip to my SO for my birthday in December 2020. He said sure! My kids are older and DS just went on his senior trip last year and I took DD alone last November. So I’m good with doing a solo trip with my SO. I’ll get my taste of Disney and still have more new stuff to look forward to.

I was in a similar dilemma. We were going to wait until 2021. But I can't wait that long! Its a problem! November 2020. Lots of new stuff will be open and SWGE will have been open for over a year. We can go back for Tron and Guardians (which I would be to scared to go on anyway) lol

I'm looking forward to both on future trips. I've learned over the many years I've gone to Disney. There will always be something new and something is always being refurbished when we are there. My trick has been to know ahead so I will be prepared and not disappointed.

Maybe another thing to consider.....Prices go up every year. I just priced my same exact trip I took in Jan 2019 for Jan 2020, and it went up $468, in one year, staying in a value! It's not going to get any cheaper!

That being said I would opt for 2021-2022 and be there for the 50th Anniversary!!!

So my family did our “one and done” trip last year...except we had such a good time that we decided we would need to come back in a few years! Originally we thought 4-5 and to plan some other trips until then but now I am itching to go sooner.

Sounds familiar. We did our first trip in 2003 when the kids were 5 & 8. We thought we would go back in 5 years or so. Well we loved it so much we've been back at least once a year ever since. We bought into DVC in 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter