2020 Watch??

Touring Plans' Disney Cruise Line Fare Tracker is a very interesting site for looking at the historical prices for various cruises. Assuming it's accurate, you can get a pretty good idea whether a certain cruise will be cheaper to book on opening day or onboard (granted, you have nothing to lose in the long run by booking on opening day and then possibly re-booking on board - just the minor hassle of possibly having to make two bookings).
Thank you for alerting me to this! I was able to use that, show some of the charts to my mom, and reiterate the need to book on opening day! So I may have her on board for an Alaskan 2020!

Thank you for alerting me to this! I was able to use that, show some of the charts to my mom, and reiterate the need to book on opening day! So I may have her on board for an Alaskan 2020!

To give you an idea of Alaska price comparisons I can give you my 2 cents (no pun intended lol). We sailed the last week of August 2017; we are sailing the exact same week this August (2019) and the only difference is that this second cruise also stops in Icy Strait Point. Both cruises booked with placeholder (so same 10% discount and OBC). Family of 4 kids are now going to be 11&8 (they were 9&6). In 2017 we paid $7700 for a 5A verandah cabin midship. This year we are paying $7950 for a 9A oceanview forward. Originally we were booked in a 5B aft for just over $10K but switched to save$. So yeah, that's a significant increase in 2 years.

To give you an idea of Alaska price comparisons I can give you my 2 cents (no pun intended lol). We sailed the last week of August 2017; we are sailing the exact same week this August (2019) and the only difference is that this second cruise also stops in Icy Strait Point. Both cruises booked with placeholder (so same 10% discount and OBC). Family of 4 kids are now going to be 11&8 (they were 9&6). In 2017 we paid $7700 for a 5A verandah cabin midship. This year we are paying $7950 for a 9A oceanview forward. Originally we were booked in a 5B aft for just over $10K but switched to save$. So yeah, that's a significant increase in 2 years.

That's useful info - thanks for sharing. But, yeah, it shows what I've been seeing, too. Prices are going way up. :sad2: I'm worried the ones we want to take will be so ridiculous we'll have to "jump ship" to another line.

That's useful info - thanks for sharing. But, yeah, it shows what I've been seeing, too. Prices are going way up. :sad2: I'm worried the ones we want to take will be so ridiculous we'll have to "jump ship" to another line.

We've sailed Alaska on both DCL and Princess. There were pros and cons of each, but we thought Princess did a great job in general. And Glacier Bay was spectacular! Hoping the DCL prices aren't sky high and you can get what you want. Good luck!

We've sailed Alaska on both DCL and Princess. There were pros and cons of each, but we thought Princess did a great job in general. And Glacier Bay was spectacular! Hoping the DCL prices aren't sky high and you can get what you want. Good luck!

We did DCL Alaska, but too my Mom who had also sailed on Princess, and she thought they were both really nice. We're looking for the Magic in Europe, and those are generally quite expensive sadly. Hopefully I'll know next week.

I have a 8 night cruise booked with royal in may 2020, doing Northern Europe cities on anthem of the seas

If the price is night I was going to change to transatlantic with Disney but I can't see it been

I read somewhere that the typical increase per year for Disney is about 10%. Has anyone found that to be correct? Trying to figure out an estimated cost for Alaska 2020 and I am being impatient waiting for Thursday to roll around.

This was my comparison for 2A2C.

$11,885 5B Late June 2017
$12,979 5B June 25, 2018

$13,430. 5A July 2, 2018
$14,798 5C July 1, 2019

So, a 9% increase from 2017 & 2018 for same room type and similar date. And a little over 10% from 2018 to 2019 for a slightly lower stateroom category the same week.

I think 10% sounds like a reasonable figure for trying to figure out a ballpark number.

The cruises come out, TOMORROW!
Bet your bottom dollar that to-morr-ow
there'll be fun
Just thinking about to-morr-ow
Scares away the boredom and the sor-row
Till there's none
When I'm stuck with a DAY
That's Gray without a trip
I just stick up my chin
and grin
And saaaaaaayyyyyyy
The cruises come out TO-MORR-OW
So you gotta hang on til to-morr-ow
Come what may!
To-morr-ow, to-morr-ow, I love ya to-morr-ow
Assuming the cruises come out....

there'll be fun
Till there's none
I just stick up my chin
and grin
And saaaaaaayyyyyyy
Come what may!

Put your hands in the air for tomorrrooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

Last edited:
there'll be fun
Till there's none
I just stick up my chin
and grin
And saaaaaaayyyyyyy
Come what may!

They better!! Lol I'm driving myself crazy over here!!o_O:rolleyes1

I really hope the cruises are announced tomorrow! Sorry to all my responsibilities that I’ve been slacking on because I can’t stop thinking about what kind of cruises might be announced!

Someone in another group said they talked to a DCL cast member yesterday and told them itineraries will be out very soon and it’s possible there will be a “surprise” itenerary where Alaska would not be the most sought after.....

This was my comparison for 2A2C.

$11,885 5B Late June 2017
$12,979 5B June 25, 2018

$13,430. 5A July 2, 2018
$14,798 5C July 1, 2019

So, a 9% increase from 2017 & 2018 for same room type and similar date. And a little over 10% from 2018 to 2019 for a slightly lower stateroom category the same week.

I think 10% sounds like a reasonable figure for trying to figure out a ballpark number.
Ugh, that is what I was afraid of.

Wow....that is a significant increase!

Someone in another group said they talked to a DCL cast member yesterday and told them itineraries will be out very soon and it’s possible there will be a “surprise” itenerary where Alaska would not be the most sought after.....
Shall we guess what the 'surprise' high demand itinerary will be? More Hawaii or maybe Greece? Any other ideas?
(Lol, I'm bored waiting for itineraries to come out...)

Regarding the price increases from the past year, one thing, as a Floridian, that I have noticed is that there were a lot more Florida resident rates offered on more specialized cruises (EBTA, Southern Caribbean, etc). Could it be bc they met their saturation level as far as what people are willing to pay so they couldn’t fill the rooms like they could at full price in the past? Could it be that the prices will be the same or better than last year’s? Maybe it’s wishful thinking. Thoughts?

Shall we guess what the 'surprise' high demand itinerary will be? More Hawaii or maybe Greece? Any other ideas?
(Lol, I'm bored waiting for itineraries to come out...)
On the site I read it on people were guessing Greece.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter