2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

Anyone know if these newly opened kiosks are just going to be open weekends thru 10/1 or weekdays as well? Going this Monday and Wednesday...
Dying to know this as well. I was bummed I was going to miss the Spain and Alps booth since we will be there early Sept. We won't be there on a weekend, trip is arriving on a Monday and leaving on Sat. so would be pleasantly surprised if those booth are open during weekdays.

Dying to know this as well. I was bummed I was going to miss the Spain and Alps booth since we will be there early Sept. We won't be there on a weekend, trip is arriving on a Monday and leaving on Sat. so would be pleasantly surprised if those booth are open during weekdays.
They're open today! Monday. Got stuff from Ireland, saw the other booths open.

They're open today! Monday. Got stuff from Ireland, saw the other booths open.

I can confirm. I stopped by for dinner tonight, and saw that The Alps, India, Spain, Ireland, Kenya, Lobster Landing, and Mac & Eats were open. The only booths that weren't open were Belgium and Brazil.

As mentioned in my last post, I stopped by for dinner this evening. I've incorporated the things I had tonight into my list.

My rankings are below. Items that I tried today are in bold.

Great
- Maple Boursin Cheesecake (Refreshment Port) - 10.0 - This has always been great, and this year is no exception.
- Tuna Poke (Hawai'i) - 9.0 - Really fresh and light, seasoning was delicious. Shrimp chips (prawn crackers) were stale and inedible, but we didn't care.
- La Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (Canada) - 9.0 - Large, tender filet. Best one I've ever had from the Canada booth.
- Corned Beef Corner Route (Flavors From Fire) - 9.0 - Ours had a comically large amount of beef.
- Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash (Hawai'i) - 9.0 - Just as good as previous years. This serving had much less peppers than usual, which for me is a good thing.

Very Good
- Spicy Hako Sushi (Japan) - 8.5 - Only two pieces, but very tasty and quite spicy.
- Fisherman's Seafood Pie (Ireland) - 8.5 - I usually have terrible luck with this, but this serving was absolutely loaded with lobster.
- Roasted Porchetta (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 8.0 - Potatoes were very plain, but pork was tender and flavorful.
- Beef/Chicken/Lamb Kabobs (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - All 3 meats were very good. Beef and chicken were cold, but still tasty.
- Chilaquiles con Chorizo (Mexico) - 8.0 - Really flavorful chorizo and salsa verde.
- Hot Beef Sandwich (Hops & Barley) - 8.0 - Loaded with tender beef. Vegetables are pretty spicy.
- La Clasica Reyes Margarita (Mexico) - 8.0 - Nice spicy kick. Best festival margarita in a while.
- Capirotada de Chocolate (Mexico) - 8.0 - Large portion loaded with chocolate. Wife's second favorite item of the festival so far.
- Stone-Baked Moroccan Bread (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - Bread was fresh and the three dips were all good.
- Baked Lobster Dip (Lobster Landing) - 8.0 - Compares favorably to something you'd get from Red Lobster or similar.
- Fried Falafel Pita (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - Believe it or not, this was my first time trying falafel. It was very crispy and savory.

Good
- Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho (Noodle Exchange) - 7.5 - Good flavor, reasonably spicy. Room temperature.

- Passion Fruit Cheesecake (Hawai'i) - 7.5 - Good solid cheesecake, but there is nothing really special about it.
- Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 7.5 (was 2.0 the first time) - We tried this again. It was much better than the first time, but the fruit wasn't very sweet. Can't really blame them for that, though.
- La Passion Martini Slushy (France) - 7.5 - Good, but a bit syrupy.
- Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart (Rotundra Bistro) - 7.5 - Flavor is subtle but nice.
- Pistachio Cake (Tangierine Cafe) - 7.5 - Very basic and light.
- Griddled Cheese (Greece) - 7.0 - Not as good as the previous version. I think it's a different cheese.

Decent
- Tempura Shrimp Sando (Japan) - 6.5 - Ours had barely any crab or green onions. It was literally a tempura shrimp on a Hawaiian type roll. Not bad at all, just underwhelming.
- S'mores Whoopie Pie-lon (Flavors From Fire) - 6.0 - Not bad, but the whole thing was the same texture. The graham cracker was soft and mushy. Basically just tasted like chocolate.
- Schinkennudeln (Germany) - 6.0 - I usually really like this, but this serving was greasy and kind of gummy.
- Soy-Glazed Sticky Ribs (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 6.0 - Sauce had a good flavor, but both ribs had lots of weird little chewy/hard bits that made them hard to eat.
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Ham (Alps) - 6.0 - This was sitting under a heat lamp, so the cheese was all congealed.

Mediocre

- Crispy Barbecue Pork Rinds (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 5.0 - These were really hard and hurt our teeth. Pimento cheese was decent.
- Schofferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweisen (Germany) - 5.0 - I'm not really a beer guy, but the grapefruit version is much better.

Bad
- Beignet aux Trois Fromages (France) - 4.0 - The flavor wasn't bad, but it was a big pile of mush. The beignet couldn't hold up to the cheese filling.
- Teriyaki-Sesame Wings (Brew-Wing) - 4.0 - These were really sour.
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings (Brew-Wing) - 3.0 - I ate two. First was meh but not terrible. Second tasted like a used dish rag. Both were really dry.

Here are the pictures of the items I tried for the first time (in 2021) tonight:

20210816_183350.jpg

20210816_184734.jpg

20210816_185457.jpg

20210816_193452.jpg

20210816_191617.jpg

20210816_190508.jpg

I can confirm. I stopped by for dinner tonight, and saw that The Alps, India, Spain, Ireland, Kenya, Lobster Landing, and Mac & Eats were open. The only booths that weren't open were Belgium and Brazil.
Yea, this makes me so happy. I'm getting more and more excited about my upcoming visit. I was getting down in the dumps about it with all the new developments lately but point me toward Epcot and I'm a happy camper.

As mentioned in my last post, I stopped by for dinner this evening. I've incorporated the things I had tonight into my list.

My rankings are below. Items that I tried today are in bold.

Great
- Maple Boursin Cheesecake (Refreshment Port) - 10.0 - This has always been great, and this year is no exception.
- Tuna Poke (Hawai'i) - 9.0 - Really fresh and light, seasoning was delicious. Shrimp chips (prawn crackers) were stale and inedible, but we didn't care.
- La Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (Canada) - 9.0 - Large, tender filet. Best one I've ever had from the Canada booth.
- Corned Beef Corner Route (Flavors From Fire) - 9.0 - Ours had a comically large amount of beef.
- Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash (Hawai'i) - 9.0 - Just as good as previous years. This serving had much less peppers than usual, which for me is a good thing.

Very Good
- Spicy Hako Sushi (Japan) - 8.5 - Only two pieces, but very tasty and quite spicy.
- Fisherman's Seafood Pie (Ireland) - 8.5 - I usually have terrible luck with this, but this serving was absolutely loaded with lobster.
- Roasted Porchetta (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 8.0 - Potatoes were very plain, but pork was tender and flavorful.
- Beef/Chicken/Lamb Kabobs (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - All 3 meats were very good. Beef and chicken were cold, but still tasty.
- Chilaquiles con Chorizo (Mexico) - 8.0 - Really flavorful chorizo and salsa verde.
- Hot Beef Sandwich (Hops & Barley) - 8.0 - Loaded with tender beef. Vegetables are pretty spicy.
- La Clasica Reyes Margarita (Mexico) - 8.0 - Nice spicy kick. Best festival margarita in a while.
- Capirotada de Chocolate (Mexico) - 8.0 - Large portion loaded with chocolate. Wife's second favorite item of the festival so far.
- Stone-Baked Moroccan Bread (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - Bread was fresh and the three dips were all good.
- Baked Lobster Dip (Lobster Landing) - 8.0 - Compares favorably to something you'd get from Red Lobster or similar.
- Fried Falafel Pita (Tangierine Cafe) - 8.0 - Believe it or not, this was my first time trying falafel. It was very crispy and savory.

Good
- Traditional Spicy Vietnamese Beef Pho (Noodle Exchange) - 7.5 - Good flavor, reasonably spicy. Room temperature.

- Passion Fruit Cheesecake (Hawai'i) - 7.5 - Good solid cheesecake, but there is nothing really special about it.
- Deconstructed Pavlova (Australia) - 7.5 (was 2.0 the first time) - We tried this again. It was much better than the first time, but the fruit wasn't very sweet. Can't really blame them for that, though.
- Wild Mushroom and Truffle Tart (Rotundra Bistro) - 7.5 - Flavor is subtle but nice.
- Griddled Cheese (Greece) - 7.0 - Not as good as the previous version. I think it's a different cheese.

Decent
- Tempura Shrimp Sando (Japan) - 6.5 - Ours had barely any crab or green onions. It was literally a tempura shrimp on a Hawaiian type roll. Not bad at all, just underwhelming.
- S'mores Whoopie Pie-lon (Flavors From Fire) - 6.0 - Not bad, but the whole thing was the same texture. The graham cracker was soft and mushy. Basically just tasted like chocolate.
- Schinkennudeln (Germany) - 6.0 - I usually really like this, but this serving was greasy and kind of gummy.
- Soy-Glazed Sticky Ribs (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 6.0 - Sauce had a good flavor, but both ribs had lots of weird little chewy/hard bits that made them hard to eat.
- Warm Raclette Swiss Cheese with Ham (Alps) - 6.0 - This was sitting under a heat lamp, so the cheese was all congealed.

Mediocre

- Crispy Barbecue Pork Rinds (Swanky Saucy Swine) - 5.0 - These were really hard and hurt our teeth. Pimento cheese was decent.
- Schofferhofer Wild Cherry Hefeweisen (Germany) - 5.0 - I'm not really a beer guy, but the grapefruit version is much better.

Bad
- Beignet aux Trois Fromages (France) - 4.0 - The flavor wasn't bad, but it was a big pile of mush. The beignet couldn't hold up to the cheese filling.
- Garlic-Parmesan Wings (Brew-Wing) - 3.0 - I ate two. First was meh but not terrible. Second tasted like a used dish rag. Both were really dry.

Here are the pictures of the items I tried for the first time (in 2021) tonight:

View attachment 597717

View attachment 597720

View attachment 597722

View attachment 597723

View attachment 597725

View attachment 597726
Thanks for the update. Falafel is delicious!!!

Sadly, our trip just ended. My wife tried the peach wine at the Italy booth and loved it. The Food & Wine booklet and website do not give the name of the winery or any other info. If someone could take a picture of the bottle (or post the details), I would be forever grateful! TIA!

So I see some of the booths scheduled to open 10/1 have already opened. Are there any that are still closed?

We stopped by for lunch yesterday. We had a lot of things we have already tried, but we did try 5 dishes for the first time this year. I've incorporated those items in my rankings below. The new items are in bold.

Great
- Cowboy Macaroni and Cheese (Mac & Eats) - 9.0 - I don't like Disney Mac & Cheese. I loved this. Lots of pulled pork and brisket. Onion straws added a nice crunch.

Very Good
- Kenyan Coffee Barbecue Beef Tenderloin (Kenya) - 8.0 - Very hearty portion, very flavorful. Kind of sweet. Meat was a bit dense or this would be even higher.

Good
- Freshly Baked Carrot Cake (Hops & Barley) - 7.0 - I usually love this. But I'm more of a spice cake guy, and this was VERY carroty.

Decent
- Charcuterie (Spain) - 6.5 - Not much vinaigrette, hardly any green olives, the (plentiful) sausage was soft and bland. The single piece of rosciutto was good, and the cheese was decent.

- Blueberry and Almond Frangipane Tart - 6.0 - Nothing like previous versions. Basically tasted like a typical blueberry muffin. Not a tart at all.

Mediocre

Bad

Here are pics of the new items:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

OK, we are Food and Wine Festival "virgins" and have no idea how this works. So, be gentle with us! I assume there are booths set-up in different areas of the park and then you pay a small fee for the tastes? Kind of like how a local food festival might be run? What are the usual costs of the food items, is it worth the additional costs, and if/when DDP is reinstated, can you use the DP for these food items?

OK, we are Food and Wine Festival "virgins" and have no idea how this works. So, be gentle with us! I assume there are booths set-up in different areas of the park and then you pay a small fee for the tastes? Kind of like how a local food festival might be run? Is it worth the additional costs, and if/when DDP is reinstated, can you use the DP for these food items?

Please delete my last post! My computer just acted up and rebooted itself. It did not show that the first post actually went through! Sorry!

OK, we are Food and Wine Festival "virgins" and have no idea how this works. So, be gentle with us! I assume there are booths set-up in different areas of the park and then you pay a small fee for the tastes? Kind of like how a local food festival might be run? What are the usual costs of the food items, is it worth the additional costs, and if/when DDP is reinstated, can you use the DP for these food items?

Yes, there are booths spread out in Epcot, with most located in World Showcase. The cost runs about $4 to $10 dollars for food and non-alcoholic drinks, and $8 or more for alcoholic drinks. There are several websites (such as Disney Food Blog) that list the individual prices for all of the items for Food And Wine. There’s also a phone app (not by Disney) that lists the items and prices too.

As for DDP, in previous years, people could use it to purchase food, but I believe there were some restrictions on it. I never used DDP, so I don’t have more details on its use.

Before Covid, people could sign up for special food events during Food And Wine. Some of these events were 20/30 minute presentations for $15. Other events were more extravagant and cost more. I did a Tequila Tasting one year, and a Mediterranean Food Pairing another year. One of the more popular events (which I never did) was callled Party For The Senses which contained tiered pricing. These events were usually led by popular chefs, and I once attended an event led by Robert Irvine. Doesn’t appear any special events are occurring this year, and hopefully they return next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter