2024 Moonlight Magic Dates Announced!

Buses run until the event is over. You do not need to leave the park. There is usually a registration table near the front. You can actually get your credentials pretty early if you're already in the park.
Great, thanks! I hope I can grab a slot when registration opens.

OK, here's a question for those that have been to one of these events before...will the resort busses continue to run to get us back to our rooms after the event? Or do we need to Uber/Lyft?
For the Epcot events, the Monorail to the TTC stops running 2 hours after regular park closing time. Buses to the MK resorts will be available after that through the end of the event.

I think the Skyliner continues to run though the end of the event, BUT everyone must exit at Riviera. I know it runs to Riviera for the DHS MM events.

For the Epcot events, the Monorail to the TTC stops running 2 hours after regular park closing time. Buses to the MK resorts will be available after that through the end of the event.

I think the Skyliner continues to run though the end of the event, BUT everyone must exit at Riviera. I know it runs to Riviera for the DHS MM events.
Probably worth noting that the IG to RR portion of the Skyliner is down for maintenance during the January event at Epcot. Assume they'll provide bus service instead.

This is not correct. We were able to take the Skyliner to Epcot and walk to BCV this September.
The info they gave was not very clear, since it only listed Riviera and Caribbean Beach as accessible via Skyliner, but when we asked, we were told that it did go to Epcot, not BCV (which, I guess is a technicality?)

We managed to book a stay for the HS dates. We'll see if we can get tickets and find flights that aren't super expensive.

Yay, finally lined up with one of the MM events again. Been missing them since we had to change our travel times from September to June for DD's school schedule. Now just hope we can snag a reservation!

All of my waitlists for the July 11 event matched on Friday. At first I thought, oh, that must be 7 months so people are switching resorts. But it's 8 months, exactly. So very odd that all 3 waitlists I had for July 11, matched exactly at 8 months.

Maybe they did a sweep of the system or something. But all good, now I get to pick between all 3 (and of course I'll cancel the other two).

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I’ve been struggling to find an answer to this …

I see that we can register for 1) ourselves and up to 4 guests (5 total) or 2) for the number of guests on our resort reservation? Does one take precedence over the other? I.e. if I only have 4 people on my room reservation, can I still register for 5 people?

Apologies if this is common knowledge but I’ve been struggling to find an answer to this …

I see that we can register for 1) ourselves and up to 4 guests (5 total) or 2) for the number of guests on our resort reservation? Does one take precedence over the other? I.e. if I only have 4 people on my room reservation, can I still register for 5 people?

If you are doing early registration with a hotel stay, it should let you do 5 even if only 4 listed.

But if you know you want five and there is occupancy for 5, add a name to ensure there are no issues.

We got lucky on the AK one in Feb. Had a trip scheduled to visit friends and go on a cruise with them. Planned to return on 2/27. Snagged a room at BLT (our home) and changed flights ($59 credit on SW since it's cheaper to fly out of MCO instead of Fort Myers), booked the rental. Now all I need is to book a scooter.

One question, we might have a guest that will only be visiting on the 27th. Do they need a park pass to get into park for MM?

Thanks,
John

We got lucky on the AK one in Feb. Had a trip scheduled to visit friends and go on a cruise with them. Planned to return on 2/27. Snagged a room at BLT (our home) and changed flights ($59 credit on SW since it's cheaper to fly out of MCO instead of Fort Myers), booked the rental. Now all I need is to book a scooter.

One question, we might have a guest that will only be visiting on the 27th. Do they need a park pass to get into park for MM?

Thanks,
John
No need for a park ticket unless you plan on visiting before MM guests are allowed to enter.

I can't participate in these since I am just a recent resale member. But we will be there during one of these days. Will this greatly effect park crowds that day/night? Or does it not make much of a difference since it's an after hours thing?

I think they worded that way so that it is inclusive of parties of 6 or more guests staying in a 2 or 3 bedroom DVC room. You don't have to pick the lucky subset of 5 who will get MM; everybody on that reservation can go.

Like everybody else, I'm eagerly awaiting info for signing up. It is only 69 days until the first MM event in 2024: Jan 25 at EPCOT. It may change our plans around a little bit if we do or don't get MM.

I can't participate in these since I am just a recent resale member. But we will be there during one of these days. Will this greatly effect park crowds that day/night? Or does it not make much of a difference since it's an after hours thing?
It shouldn’t make a difference to the day crowd. The event is not as big as say Halloween or Xmas party but more like an after hours party.

https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/discounts-perks-offers/member-events/moonlight-magic

For the February 27 and April 23, 2024 Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park events:

Early Registration Window - Opens February 1, 2024
The early registration window for the February 27th and April 23rd events is open to eligible Members with qualifying Resort reservations. All Resort reservations and modifications—including your party size—must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on January 28, 2024. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after January 28, 2024 will not increase your party size for the event.

General Registration - Opens February 8, 2024
The general registration window for the February 27th event is open to all eligible Members (pending availability).

General Registration - Opens April 11, 2024
The general registration window for the April 23rd event is open to all eligible Members (pending availability).

Event and registration dates are subject to change.
For the January 25 and March 1, 2024 EPCOT events:

Early Registration Window - Opens January 9, 2024
The early registration window for the January 25th and March 1st events is open to eligible Members with qualifying Resort reservations. All Resort reservations and modifications—including your party size—must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on January 7, 2024. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after January 7, 2024 will not increase your party size for the event.

General Registration - Opens January 11, 2024
The general registration window for the January 25th event is open to all eligible Members (pending availability).

General Registration - Opens February 15, 2024
The general registration window for the March 1st event is open to all eligible Members (pending availability).

Event and registration dates are subject to change.

For the August 27, 2024 Disney’s Hollywood Studios event:
Early Registration - Opens August 1, 2024
The early registration window for the August 27th event is open to eligible Members with qualifying Resort reservations. All Resort reservations and modifications—including your party size—must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on July 28, 2024. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after July 28, 2024 will not increase your party size for the event.

General Registration - Opens August 15, 2024
The general registration window for the August 27th event is open to all eligible Members (pending availability).

From the link posted above (post #59), it appears that the DCA event will not employ Early Registration for Hotel/Villa guests. Is that how other DCA hopefuls read it, also?

If so, I can cancel my cash reservation ... keep my DVC waitlist running and know that I have a great off-site option already booked. Whee!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter