2024 Moonlight Magic Dates Announced!

This will be our first time trying to go to one of these! Question: Do people book rooms and if they don't get in, cancel it? I like the Typhoon Lagoon dates but wasn't planning a trip, but could do two nights for MM!

This will be our first time trying to go to one of these! Question: Do people book rooms and if they don't get in, cancel it? I like the Typhoon Lagoon dates but wasn't planning a trip, but could do two nights for MM!
That's my plan as long as the registration is at least 31 days or more out from the event.

Wow, our January trip hits an EPCOT date and our April trip hits a DAK date. I've never had any dates overlap MM before, so I've never tried registering. Will I be able to try to register for both dates at the same time?

And for January, DW and I will be staying at Riviera, and we're vacationing with another DVC blue card family of 4 staying at OKW. Will we have to try our luck registering separately? The MM webpage says that the party size limit is 5.

When & how do they announce that registration will be open?

Thanks!

Last edited:

We have TWO group of friends traveling with us, but aren't yet sure which week each are coming (9 people in total, 5 of us DEFINITELY going). If I put the names of one family who we think are coming, but it ends up being the other 4, will there be an issue with getting into MM for them (do they ID check guests-- for the member, I'll definitely be there)? Or do they only check the # of folks on the hotel reservation?

Will try for the DCA event. Have created my WL for VDH ... and booked a night at nearby WM D'Cove as backup.

We have TWO group of friends traveling with us, but aren't yet sure which week each are coming (9 people in total, 5 of us DEFINITELY going). If I put the names of one family who we think are coming, but it ends up being the other 4, will there be an issue with getting into MM for them (do they ID check guests-- for the member, I'll definitely be there)? Or do they only check the # of folks on the hotel reservation?

The person who made the reservation is the one who does checkin. Any of their guests must be present at that time to receive wrist bands. They cannot check in separately. The only credentials I saw being checked were the person who registered. Don’t think it will matter which group of friends are accompanying as long as the number is correct.

After the Moonlight Magic dates came out I was able to snag a 1bdrm savannah view at Kidani Village for Feb. 26 - Mar 2. Now if I can just hit the triple crown of my BCV waitlist coming through and getting both DAK and Epcot MM reservations.

What's worse a direct member missing moonlight magic by a few days or a non-direct like me who has the right dates booked but cant go! 🤣

Wahoo! I was able to add an extra night to my vacation so we can do Typhoon Lagoon Member Magic! I’m so excited! 🤗 Now I just hope I can get reservations. I wonder when they’ll open.

This schedule is kind of bizarre. 2 MMs in one week seems a bit...careless? (not sure if that's the right word, but it works) And a Friday night MM is unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if this schedule is tweaked at some point...either dates changed and/or more likely added. If these don't coincide with your travel dates, I'd keep checking back occasionally.

Anyone know why they haven't been doing any at MK?

This schedule is kind of bizarre. 2 MMs in one week seems a bit...careless? (not sure if that's the right word, but it works) And a Friday night MM is unusual. I wouldn't be surprised if this schedule is tweaked at some point...either dates changed and/or more likely added. If these don't coincide with your travel dates, I'd keep checking back occasionally.

Anyone know why they haven't been doing any at MK?
Moonlight Magic dates are booked based on what Parks & Resorts division says. P&R probably tells DVD “These dates are available at this park, and these dates at that park.” I doubt that DVD has much control over dates.

You're welcome to the person that picked up the Feb 27 night in a studio at SSR. It was just too much to try to do the trip with all of the other travel we have planned for the rest of the year. One day I'll get to a MM event, but not any time soon.

OK, here's a question for those that have been to one of these events before...will the resort busses continue to run to get us back to our rooms after the event? Or do we need to Uber/Lyft?

And if I'm already in that park that day, do I need to exit to check-in, or will there be a place inside the park, like for the Christmas party at MK?

OK, here's a question for those that have been to one of these events before...will the resort busses continue to run to get us back to our rooms after the event? Or do we need to Uber/Lyft?

And if I'm already in that park that day, do I need to exit to check-in, or will there be a place inside the park, like for the Christmas party at MK?
Buses run until the event is over. You do not need to leave the park. There is usually a registration table near the front. You can actually get your credentials pretty early if you're already in the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter