"""

Personally, I'm looking forward to being able to use a physical button to take a picture instead of having to tap on the screen.

I'm almost positive that the button remap for the phone is a feature of iOS5 and not exclusive to the 4s. I'm guessing that Siri will be available on the 4 at some point too, considering there isn't anything hardware related that is required

Personally, I'm looking forward to being able to use a physical button to take a picture instead of having to tap on the screen.

Using a physical button may be easier to locate without looking, but touching a screen = less vibration than pushing a physical button, and vibration is the enemy of clear photos - I'll keep the touch screen, thanks.

Using a physical button may be easier to locate without looking, but touching a screen = less vibration than pushing a physical button, and vibration is the enemy of clear photos - I'll keep the touch screen, thanks.

Really nice Flickr photos - the button remap is an option in iOS 5 and the on screen "button" doesn't go away - you get to choose how you activate the shutter

When I'm on vacation (and when I run in the half next February) I usually carry 3 devices. My company Blackberry (for smartphone-ish functions), my iPod touch (for MP3 and the occasional inflight movie), and a small point and shoot camera. The iPhone 4S fits the bill perfectly (at least on paper) to replace all 3 devices, so I'm excited.

There are folks who think that Siri is quite good now. I'm interested in seeing how useful it is for myself!

George

I'm excited. I pre-ordered an iPhone 4S today. It's my first. I've had a Blackberry and an Android. Other than the phone, we're an all apple household - macbook, ipad, ipod :)

I tried the mail client out on my ipod touch and really like it. The stock Android mail client drove me crazy, and the replacement clients all seemed to hate our corporate mail system (or it may just have been my inability to configure them correctly, always a strong possibility).

Mostly I'm excited about the camera. The camera on my HTC Desire is slow and seems to have trouble focusing. Until I get the phone in hand and actually get to use it, I won't be able to do a direct comparison, but everything I've seen, heard, and read makes me think the camera will be awesome.

Seems odd to be buying a phone and exited about the camera, but I am. :)

I have a 3GS and I want to upgrade but I can't until Nov 21. This shall be the longest month. LOL

I'll keep my 3GS and try to get it unlocked.

I have heard a lot of disappointment, but yesterday Apple delivered:

1. More processor speed, and an newer generation processor.
2. Better, faster camera
3. Ability to record video at the highest resolution currently available on HD TVs
4. Incorporation of a voice-operated, Internet-connected Assistant (Siri) that could, potentially change the way you interact with your iPhone for some tasks
5. A phone incorporating both GSM and CDMA spectra in the same platform (so no more separate phones/feature sets on Verizon vs. AT&T vs. Sprint based on the hardware)
6. Faster (2x) download speeds over the cellular network
7. Updated Bluetooth tech

I think that's a pretty good slate of improvements, better than the improvements between the 3G and 3GS.

Agreed.

Anyone waiting for a physical keyboard on an iphone can save themselves some trouble and go elsewhere. I am 99.99% certain the iphone will never have a physical keyboard. Apple pioneered the touchscreen market, no way they would take a step backwards.

Exactly.

That sounds about right.

It is just like when the 4 came out. All of the publicity was focused on Facetime. Now I know a ton of people who have iPhones and I don't think a single one of them uses Facetime. Siri will be the same way. Looks and sounds really cool but will anyone actually use it?

My husband, kid's, and I have 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, and 3 iPod touches between us and we use FaceTime all the time when he's out of town on business and when the kid's want to see Grammy and Papa. We love it!

My husband and I just pre-ordered the 4s today and we can't wait to get them. We have Blackberries now and have been wanting the iphone for a while. So, for us the new 4s is exciting news.

Are people getting black phone or white? I don't know what color to get! I'm also torn between the 32 GB and 64 GB phone.

Are people getting black phone or white? I don't know what color to get! I'm also torn between the 32 GB and 64 GB phone.

Black 16GB for my husband and white 16GB for me. We both have iPads and iPod touches and MacBooks, so I don't need all that much space on my phone.

I'm a sprint user, so I'm very excited for the chance to get an iphone. I have been holding out on my upgrade since May, just hoping the rumors would come to fruition.

Anyway...I preordered a 16GB white 4s.

When you preorder your iPhone 4S do you have to pay the entire amount up front or is it just a deposit and then you pay the full price when the phone comes in?

I wasn't super impressed with the differences between the 4 and 4s (I have an iPhone 4), but I'm currently on AT&T which absolutely STINKS in my area. I switched to them from Verizon in order to get the iPhone and while it was worth it at the time, now that Verizon offers the same iPhone as AT&T I have no desire to stay with them. I cannot WAIT to get back to Verizon. And honestly, I don't even mind paying the $150 penalty to terminate my contract early. Of course, my DH does not agree so unfortunately I'm going to have to live with crappy service until June. :scared1:

I'm not getting one at the moment but if I were, it would be black 16GB. I have no need for more memory than that. I really don't like the white devices - iphone/pad/pod. IMO they just look better in black. The white just stands out too much. Of course, some people disagree which is why they make both.

I'm not getting one at the moment but if I were, it would be black 16GB. I have no need for more memory than that. I really don't like the white devices - iphone/pad/pod. IMO they just look better in black. The white just stands out too much. Of course, some people disagree which is why they make both.

I actually agree with you, even though I'm getting a white phone. lol All of my other devices are black (except for my macbook), but I decided to live a little and get white this time. :laughing: It probably won't make a difference in the long run, since my otterbox will cover it up anyway.

I get white. I don't like the look of black. Looks generic, boring and...dark.

I like bright, cheerful stuff. White also looks cleaner to me, which I know is silly.

Wish apple had colors.
When you preorder your iPhone 4S do you have to pay the entire amount up front or is it just a deposit and then you pay the full price when the phone comes in?

I wasn't super impressed with the differences between the 4 and 4s (I have an iPhone 4), but I'm currently on AT&T which absolutely STINKS in my area. I switched to them from Verizon in order to get the iPhone and while it was worth it at the time, now that Verizon offers the same iPhone as AT&T I have no desire to stay with them. I cannot WAIT to get back to Verizon. And honestly, I don't even mind paying the $150 penalty to terminate my contract early. Of course, my DH does not agree so unfortunately I'm going to have to live with crappy service until June. :scared1:
As much as I hated AT&T...and often as I *****ed about them...as much as everyone told me to get a new phone and I explained that it wasn't the phone, but the service...

I forgot it all in less than a year. We had someone visit with AT&T and she kept dropping all her calls. I asked if she had AT&T and explained how you can't keep a call connected here with them.

I had actually forgotten how horrible they are. Haven't dropped a call here since the day I got Verizon. :)

So, there is light at the end of the tunnel. In about a year, all your problems will seem like a bad dream you had a long time ago. :) :)

We preordered since we currently have the 3GS and they have seen better days. Does anyone have any good case recomendations?

Wasn't due an upgrade til next month from my iPhone 4, but my carrier (O2 uk) are offering the phone (16gb) for free on my tariff til October 31st so i paid the £50 to upgrade a month early (saving the £50 for the phone so working out even) and picked up a 4s on my way home from work.
Dishy preorder, didn't queue early, nice and quick in the store :)

Will give my wife my iPhone 4 now then when she's due an upgrade she can get a '5', give it to me and have this 4s ;)

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter