"""

I just preordered the 4s....upgrading from a 3s. My daughter has a 4 and her data downloads a lot faster than my 3s, and her camera is so much better than mine. It made sense for me to upgrade.

I had an unlimited data plan from my first Iphone (ATT). When I preordered, the form asked me if I wanted to keep unlimited data for $30.00.

What really has me irked..... for the $199.00 upgrade my tax estimate is $55.00 WOW!!! That is a over a 25% tax!

I just preordered the 4s....upgrading from a 3s. My daughter has a 4 and her data downloads a lot faster than my 3s, and her camera is so much better than mine. It made sense for me to upgrade.

I had an unlimited data plan from my first Iphone (ATT). When I preordered, the form asked me if I wanted to keep unlimited data for $30.00.

What really has me irked..... for the $199.00 upgrade my tax estimate is $55.00 WOW!!! That is a over a 25% tax!

That is because they whack you with taxes on the full price of the phone which is over $600, not the discounted price they give you with a 2 year contract.

We got ours today from Verizon and not the Mac Store and avoided paying tax on 2 phones. That was a significant savings.

I went to my local Apple Store this morning. They had a great set-up there. They were allowing people into the store when a sales person was available to help them. The store paid for free coffee from the local mall coffee place and also had free bottles of Smart Water available I only waited about 30 minutes before I picked out my 32 MB black iPhone. I waffled between the black and the white and settled on the traditional black. I think it looks less like "I AM A NEW IPHONE! STEAL ME!" So far so good. It took about 30 minutes to update my iTunes and another 30 minutes to restore my phone from my morning back-up.

Not due for an upgrade until May, wonder if I will last that long. Maybe the 5 will be out by then? My Android still works, but the battery life keeps getting worse.

I love the idea of Siri, especially the Reminder feature. Thought about trading with DD for her 4 when I get this one because she's a texter. Would be really nice for speaking texts while she's in the car. But she may not get it since I'm wanting to try it out!

She said it was verrrry busy at the Apple store today, she was back in sales. Not thrilled since she just got promoted, but you gotta do...

Anyone considering a move to Sprint(from AT&T)? I had a Sprint phone several years ago, but jumped to AT&T for the iPhone -I must have been one of the few at the time that thought their service was pretty good. I now realize how good they were -AT&T has been horrible to deal with.

Anyone considering a move to Sprint(from AT&T)? I had a Sprint phone several years ago, but jumped to AT&T for the iPhone -I must have been one of the few at the time that thought their service was pretty good. I now realize how good they were -AT&T has been horrible to deal with.

Sprint is a major frontrunner for me right now because of the unlimited data. Sure, I know that most "normal" smartphone users won't go over the cap that Verizon and AT&T set on their data plans, but why take the risk? It's also been my research experience (so far) that Sprint's plans are comparably priced to Verizon's, even including unlimited data/text while Verizon's did not.

One other issue that concerns me when considering the move to Sprint is Data Speeds. I know it will vary by location, but in general it sounds like download speeds for the Sprint 4S are significantly slower than AT&T and slightly slower than Verizon. I don't plan on streaming video or downloading any heavy files so I'm wondering if these differences would be noticeable to the normal user who might stream radio/music/podcasts. Any thoughts?

I upgraded from the 3G to the 4S about a week and absolutely LOVE this phone. I know it was a huge different between the two models, but noticed quite a few people were actually upgrading from the 4. An Apple employee friend of mine says that there is a significant difference. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase!

Sprint is a major frontrunner for me right now because of the unlimited data. Sure, I know that most "normal" smartphone users won't go over the cap that Verizon and AT&T set on their data plans, but why take the risk? It's also been my research experience (so far) that Sprint's plans are comparably priced to Verizon's, even including unlimited data/text while Verizon's did not.

One other issue that concerns me when considering the move to Sprint is Data Speeds. I know it will vary by location, but in general it sounds like download speeds for the Sprint 4S are significantly slower than AT&T and slightly slower than Verizon. I don't plan on streaming video or downloading any heavy files so I'm wondering if these differences would be noticeable to the normal user who might stream radio/music/podcasts. Any thoughts?

Sprint has quietly started to get rid of their unlimited 4G plans. They started this week with hot spots and air cards and they probably start with smartphones in the near future with NO GRANDFATHERING! I am fortunate enough to have an Enterprise account That is not affected. I am sure that this will trickle down to 3G accounts also. :eek:

This Sucks: Sprint Just Killed Unlimited 4G Data for Hotspots
http://gizmodo.com/5852068/

I wish I KNEW what my Data usage was. Verizon doesn't monitor it since I am under the unlimited plan right now. I am leaning towards the Droid Bionic for my upgrade in January since it is 4g and Verizon doesn't have 4G with the iPhone yet. I don't know if I can keep the grandfathered plan when I change phones.

Kim

Sprint has quietly started to get rid of their unlimited 4G plans. They started this week with hot spots and air cards and they probably start with smartphones in the near future with NO GRANDFATHERING! I am fortunate enough to have an Enterprise account That is not affected. I am sure that this will trickle down to 3G accounts also. :eek:

This Sucks: Sprint Just Killed Unlimited 4G Data for Hotspots
http://gizmodo.com/5852068/

NO Unlimited Data = NO Interest for most users

I heard Sprint's commitment to purchasing the iPhone was a ridiculous amount of phones over the next 4 or 5 years -not sure how they are going to sell all those phones with a policy like that.

I wish I KNEW what my Data usage was. Verizon doesn't monitor it since I am under the unlimited plan right now. I am leaning towards the Droid Bionic for my upgrade in January since it is 4g and Verizon doesn't have 4G with the iPhone yet. I don't know if I can keep the grandfathered plan when I change phones.

Kim

I went from a blackberry to an iPhone on verizon and was able to keep the unlimited data on my phone. If I remember correcly the data to the phone is unlimitted but the mobile hotspot data is capped. I use the hotspot for my PC but not enough to care about the limit.

I just got my first Iphone, I have sprint and they paid me 100.00 for my epic 4g and i used that to get my iphone 4 S (in white) ! I LOVE LOVE this phone! My droid froze up all the time and I always heard how I had to pay for all my apps with iphones but I found plenty of free ones.I love Siri, its so easy to use and I love being able to just tell my phone to remind me of all our appts.I like being able to tell it to play a song and it just plays...the read text is awsome..I just say "read new texts" and it reads them out loud.The camera is amazing also..my bf has a iphone 3 and she hates her camera on her phone,she says her phone sucks compared to mine (only her thoughts) and wants to upgrade but she has to wait.

I upgraded to the 4, and am glad I did. Everyone that I've seen with the 4s said it's not a huge improvement over the 4. I'm getting the 5 when it comes out, as it's expected to be a big leap from 4/4s.

I upgraded to the 4, and am glad I did. Everyone that I've seen with the 4s said it's not a huge improvement over the 4. I'm getting the 5 when it comes out, as it's expected to be a big leap from 4/4s.

I have the 4 and have decided to wait for the 5 as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter