3 Generations Wandering the Wilderness from "Cabin" Camping to Club Level-FW & WL

I'm taking my dad, 2 nieces and nephew to Disney in August. We're driving down and will have our vehicle at the cabin. I noticed you also drove, but you rented a golf cart as well. Is the golf necessary? Are there place you can't park with a regular vehicle? We will likely drive to all parks except MK...I've found it's quicker coming and going.

Continued from the previous post!

DAY 1
Heading to the Fort!
Part 2

The little ones were getting a bit antsy, so mom took them outside.

I’ll say this a 1000 times during this TR, but one of the reasons we love FW is because of the tranquil, hustle-bustle free atmosphere. We’re truly able to relax at this resort before our go-go-go park days.

To kill two birds with one stone, dad decided to go ahead and grab the golf cart while I had the Magic Band issues resolved. We originally wanted the 6 seater golf cart, but none were available at the time, so we put our name on a waiting list. Not sure why Pop looks completely depressed :laughing: He wasn't!

Golf Cart Info for Inquiring Minds

*Do you need to have a golf cart to get around Fort Wilderness? No.

*However, the resort is around 700 acres or one mile as the crow flies long. That's a pretty big area folks!

*Carts have windshields and headlights, seat up to 4 adults, and can be rented by the day or the week.

*Guests must be 18 years or age and older to rent a cart, and reservations are highly recommended.

*Carts can be rented for $63.54/day ($59 plus tax) at the Outpost (407-824-2742).

*There are golf cart hook ups at each cabin and campsite as well as other places within the resort.

*6 seater golf carts are available($79 plus tax) but cannot be reserved.
Upon arrival, you can inquire about the 6 seater. If they are available, it will be yours. If not, you can put your name on a waiting list for the duration of your stay.

This is totally just our opinion, but my family definitely has to have a golf cart while staying at the Fort. ::yes:: We’re all about convenience on vacation, and the ease of having one of these makes life MUCH easier. We never had to wait on an internal bus to get us from point A to B…if I needed something quick from the Trading Post, I could hop on the cart and be there in minutes. Now, did we need the 6 seater?? No. We quickly found out that we were fine with 6 people on the cart, and it saved us around $20 a day. When they called to let us know a bigger cart was available, I kindly declined.

So, our cabin was ready for occupancy! On our way we go – me following behind in the vehicle.

Perfect location, and just what I had requested!!! The 2200 loop.

To give you a visual, here’s the map.

While I unpacked (a MUST before I do anything else), the others found things to occupy their time. Faith got Saige situated into her summer clothing…

Pop got our Mickey wreath hung on the door. Which by the way, will look better at night when lit. :thumbsup2

Jesse found a ball in the woods…or so he said. We made sure he didn’t abscond with another child’s toy.

And this would be AFTER Jesse got himself in trouble with the ball. Throwing it against the windows of the cabin was NOT an option.

After unpacking, we needed to grab a few groceries. So all 6 of us jumped on the cart and headed to the Meadow Trading Post. It only took several minutes to get there. While shopping, the kids decided to play “War at the Fort”.

Our Davey Crockett impersonator - or maybe I should say "Zombie" Davey Crockett...red eye problems with this pic :upsidedow

Faith was the innocent by-stander that the boys ganged up on -not unusual.

And Stephen appears to be the crazed cowboy.

Traveled back to our cabin and unloaded our goods. We decided to head out early and venture around the Fort, then head to dinner.

Up next … “Cabin” Camping pics!

party:Yesterday was last day of school!!! Yippee! Next week I'm in clerical courses all week for new job. Kept my school, now am receptionist. They're changing program for student data entry, so have to learn new system.

party:Yesterday was last day of school!!! Yippee! Next week I'm in clerical courses all week for new job. Kept my school, now am receptionist. They're changing program for student data entry, so have to learn new system.
Summertime Sue! Party on!!

I Just searched for this TR, I couldn't remember the name of it but I read it before we went to Disney the first time and thought it was great - now that we're going back next year I wanted to read it again!

I know this is an older report, but I really enjoyed reading it, and loved the information about FW. We've only been there to go to the HDDR and you don't see a lot walking from the boat to Pioneer Hall. Thank you for all the great pics!

I Just searched for this TR, I couldn't remember the name of it but I read it before we went to Disney the first time and thought it was great - now that we're going back next year I wanted to read it again!

You're too sweet! Thanks. And I guess you noticed that it never was finished. :rolleyes: When they switched over to the new format, my dinosaur of a computer wouldn't allow me to post pictures...so, it remains incomplete...lol!

Hope y'all have a fabulous trip! Happy planning (the best part to me) :D

I know this is an older report, but I really enjoyed reading it, and loved the information about FW. We've only been there to go to the HDDR and you don't see a lot walking from the boat to Pioneer Hall. Thank you for all the great pics!

Yep! Older it is :laughing: and never finished :upsidedow Now it's to late, I suppose. The HDDR is one of the reasons we got hooked on FW. We ventured over years ago just to check things out, then we did the HDDR and now we're hooked! In fact, so hooked that we want to by a camper and do the whole "camping" thing at the Fort...not tent. Gotta be a camper :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed all the pictures. Photos are part of my Disney fun...lots and lots of pictures! In a couple of weeks, my daughter and I are going on a short 3 day cruise (the Magic) with a friend and her son. I'm contemplating a mini trip report, but who knows!? Life is hectic with 3 kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter