3 Generations Wandering the Wilderness from "Cabin" Camping to Club Level-FW & WL

End of year activities???:scared: Where's my fainting icon?? Lol. Well, ok I'm not back at school yet, recovering from knee, but still.......lol.

We discovered Animation Academy about 3? Yrs ago! So much fun. Even I, who can't draw, comes out with something decent. Well, at least you can tell which charcter it is :-).
Love 50' fried chicken!! Sooo good.
All caught up now ::yes::
I tried posting pics from Jan but says file too large? Anyway we got a great location in Oak Manor, river side of building facing central courtyard, by the pretty fountain! Loved the room, played with the headboard all the time, lol.

Just wanted to pop in and wish Heather a Happy Easter! Actually Happy Easter to all!!!!!!!

I Really liked your trip report especially all the early morning photos and your shots of River Country. Looks like you had an amazing time, I liked how you commented that Disney is more than just the parks and you certainly proved it!

Ack! I haven't been on in a while and then look what I see...a new TR from Heather! I've got to leave soon to meet a friend but I will be back to catch up. I don't bing watch TV, but I can binge read TR's!

I know what you mean about everyone going off in every direction. We've been on spring break this past week and I've enjoyed no activities to go to! Enjoy your week!

Christine

Hi there :wave: Yay!! It's been a while! Hope your family is doing well. Our Spring Break is this week...unfortunately we still have activities. It's never-ending!!! But that's fine; the kids are having a great time doing what they love.

Any Disney plans??? :teeth:

Hi Heather - I'm sorry to hear about your computer problems. Do you by any chance have your editing options set to BBC code editor rather than Rich Text editor? The edit bar and smilies will appear in Rich Text editor but not in BBC code editor. If you don't see the edit tool bar at the top of an empty reply box, then it is set to BBC code. To change it just click on the words Rich Text editor in the lower left hand side of the reply box. If that doesn't fix it then I don't have any other suggestions. :)

I can't wait to read about your upcoming cruise. They look like they are a lot of fun. :)

It's hopeless.... :laughing: I've tried everything with this dang computer. I just need to buy another one. Bill did go this past weekend and look around, just not sure what I want.

I'm WAY ready for our cruise!!! It can't get here fast enough. And rest assured.... I WILL have a new computer by then :laughing:

So happy to see your 50's Prime Time review! That is one that I have never tried but we have it booked on our upcoming trip. 28 days!!!!

Less than a month for you!!!!! If I had emojis, I would post some ...but I don't ;) I'm literally typing in what I remember. So just imagine a dancing banana.... the dancing man... and a smiley face cheerleader...that's the best I can do :laughing:

Hi Heather :) sounds like you're BUSY! Does school end before your cruise?

I hope you're enjoying Spring Break :)

All your bookings sound great! Next time on the Fantasy we're definitely doing Remy brunch. How fun that Faith is going to BBB on formal night! That will be so special for her :) you don't think she'll also want to do PL on Pirate Night? I can see that happening. Lots of fun!!!

The only thing I booked is Palo brunch. Otherwise we're just going to explore a new ship. This will be our first time on the Magic. But I'll definitely have a look at the spa offerings to see if they have any specials. Vero is absolutely gorgeous, I don't regret our decision at all. I'll still get a cruise and tons of beach time. The best of both worlds.

School ends on May 22, and we leave the following Wednesday for the BCVs. Then hop on the Fantasy on Saturday!!!

And yep...we thought she might want to do PL, too, but made her choose. They have been saving their money all year, and they have to pay for a small portion of their "dress-up" adventure. She chose BBB, and assures us she's fine without doing PL. We'll see...

For some reason I thought y'all had done the Magic. Guess I just assumed since you've been on 101 cruises :laughing: One day we'll make it to Vero. Are you cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale or Port Canaveral?

End of year activities???:scared: Where's my fainting icon?? Lol. Well, ok I'm not back at school yet, recovering from knee, but still.......lol.

WHERE'S MY FAINTING ICON??!!! That's the million dollar question :laughing: Uhhhhhh!!!!

Sorry to hear that knee is still giving you some trouble. You've had a long rehab, but hopefully when it's all better your knee will be like brand new!!!

We discovered Animation Academy about 3? Yrs ago! So much fun. Even I, who can't draw, comes out with something decent. Well, at least you can tell which charcter it is :-).
Love 50' fried chicken!! Sooo good.
All caught up now ::yes::
I tried posting pics from Jan but says file too large? Anyway we got a great location in Oak Manor, river side of building facing central courtyard, by the pretty fountain! Loved the room, played with the headboard all the time, lol.

:laughing: Glad you had a wonderful vacation!! Guess you'll be back in August, right?? My sister and her family leave Friday, and they're heading to POFQ for a few days then jumping on the Disney Dream.

Just wanted to pop in and wish Heather a Happy Easter! Actually Happy Easter to all!!!!!!!

Back at ya, Pas! Hope all is well with you and your family!

:butterflyHappy Easter or Passover to everyone :flower1::flower1:

Thanks! We had a blessed and beautiful Sunday!

I Really liked your trip report especially all the early morning photos and your shots of River Country. Looks like you had an amazing time, I liked how you commented that Disney is more than just the parks and you certainly proved it!

Hi there! Happy to have you read along again :teeth: So many people believe that Disney is just several theme parks for kids....how wrong are they??!! Perhaps we should keep that a secret (crowd control ;) )

I'm literally typing in what I remember. So just imagine a dancing banana.... the dancing man... and a smiley face cheerleader...that's the best I can do :laughing:
Here are some codes that you can use while you wait for a new computer.

:faint: The code for the fainting icon is :faint : except you have to take the space out to make it work. :).
:dancer::dancer :
:banana: :banana :
:cheer2: :cheer2 :

I had a problem seeing these codes back when i had an older computer. It turned out that I had turned off animations, which made them not work. It was one of the check boxes in the internet advanced options, I think.

Last edited:

Glad to see a new update! I have been MIA a lot from the DIS and really miss it. :(

We had our trip in February and things have been crazy ever since! Long story short, the DR told us we were having a girl... so after two boys, you can imagine the excitement.. We did a Cinderella gender reveal at Disney and everything only to find out 6 weeks later, they now think it is a boy so to be honest, I got a little depressed... :( But now we are just trying to come up with a name for our little guy and pick a name! if you can think of any, let me know :) We have a Lawson and Landen and want to try to stick with L.

We ate at 50's Prime Time in Feb and loved it. We will definitely go back next trip!

DHS sure was packed, huh?

Yes, we are going back for our usual August trip. 10 days in N.Ft. Lauderdale then 2 weeks Poly.

Your sister will love POFQ! We had a GV room in bldg 4, upper floor. Could look down at food court and hot tub. Corner room! In January I wanted to go over to check out the new entertainer at FQ, but knee had other ideas!

Glad to see a new update! I have been MIA a lot from the DIS and really miss it. :(

We had our trip in February and things have been crazy ever since! Long story short, the DR told us we were having a girl... so after two boys, you can imagine the excitement.. We did a Cinderella gender reveal at Disney and everything only to find out 6 weeks later, they now think it is a boy so to be honest, I got a little depressed... :( But now we are just trying to come up with a name for our little guy and pick a name! if you can think of any, let me know :) We have a Lawson and Landen and want to try to stick with L.

We ate at 50's Prime Time in Feb and loved it. We will definitely go back next trip!

Layton
Luke
Liam
Leland
Those are my pics!! Congrats on your pregnancy.

School ends on May 22, and we leave the following Wednesday for the BCVs. Then hop on the Fantasy on Saturday!!!

Awesome!!!! That will be the icing on top of the cake of ending school!

And yep...we thought she might want to do PL, too, but made her choose. They have been saving their money all year, and they have to pay for a small portion of their "dress-up" adventure. She chose BBB, and assures us she's fine without doing PL. We'll see...

That definitely makes them appreciate it more when they have to chip in. That'll be too cool, you'll have to get oodles of character pics when they're dressed up.

For some reason I thought y'all had done the Magic. Guess I just assumed since you've been on 101 cruises :laughing: One day we'll make it to Vero. Are you cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale or Port Canaveral?

:laughing: I"ve only done 5! One on the Dream, 2 on the Fantasy, and 2 on the Wonder. I'm excited to see the Magic. I love the smaller size of the Wonder. It leaves out of Port Canaveral.

Here are some codes that you can use while you wait for a new computer.

:faint: The code for the fainting icon is :faint : except you have to take the space out to make it work. :).
:dancer::dancer :
:banana: :banana :
:cheer2: :cheer2 :

I had a problem seeing these codes back when i had an older computer. It turned out that I had turned off animations, which made them not work. It was one of the check boxes in the internet advanced options, I think.

Well....would you believe me if I told you that all boxes are checked?! Uhhhhh!!! Really, they are. And still....no tool bar for me to work with. At least I have 4 new emojis that I can put to memory :teeth: Thanks!

Wow! That is something else. But very glad to hear that you and the baby are healthy. Y'all have much to be thankful for, but I can totally understand why the news was a bit disappointing. Any luck with names, yet? I bet your boys are excited to have a new baby brother. This means that you only have around 2 years left to stay in a Disney room for 4....you'll be in the same boat as us...a room for 5, please :)

Yes, we are going back for our usual August trip. 10 days in N.Ft. Lauderdale then 2 weeks Poly.

Your sister will love POFQ! We had a GV room in bldg 4, upper floor. Could look down at food court and hot tub. Corner room! In January I wanted to go over to check out the new entertainer at FQ, but knee had other ideas!

Ok...let's see. That's 10 days in Ft. Lauderdale + 14 days at the Poly..... WHAT??!! 24 days on vacation??!!! Where's my emoji that "screams"??! Not fair. You do realize that we'll be back in school. And, the pictures of the Poly do look fabulous!!!!! Nice choice.

My sister is way beyond excited! She's packed and ready to go - leaving tomorrow. Very happy for them. This will be the kids' first DHS visit. Of course her hubby is more excited about the cruise ;)

Layton
Luke
Liam
Leland
Those are my pics!! Congrats on your pregnancy.

I like!!! Especially "Luke" !

Awesome!!!! That will be the icing on top of the cake of ending school!

That definitely makes them appreciate it more when they have to chip in. That'll be too cool, you'll have to get oodles of character pics when they're dressed up.

Faith is a saver for sure...Jesse not so much. Money eats holes in his pockets. Stephen is somewhere in the middle. It's hard to make children understand the value of a dollar. And no worries about pictures...I'm sure I'll get a few ;)

:laughing: I"ve only done 5! One on the Dream, 2 on the Fantasy, and 2 on the Wonder. I'm excited to see the Magic. I love the smaller size of the Wonder. It leaves out of Port Canaveral.

So are you "Gold" status, yet???! If you aren't, you should be darn close. Just curious, do you book another cruise while onboard in order to get the discount? I'm totally going to check that out...I think.

So are you "Gold" status, yet???! If you aren't, you should be darn close. Just curious, do you book another cruise while onboard in order to get the discount? I'm totally going to check that out...I think.

Yes, after your 5th cruise you're Gold. Not much extras except being able to book the new cruises a couple days before everybody else, and a different gift in your room the first day. One difference I noticed with the gifts is that Silver got a silver bag, Gold got a yellow bag, and Platinum got a black bag. That was an obvious difference one cruise, but I'm excited to see what gift will be waiting for us :hyper: I'll definitely book another cruise onboard for the discount, and you get an onboard credit, which is a couple hundred dollars.

I'm ready for vacation!!!!!

Yes, after your 5th cruise you're Gold. Not much extras except being able to book the new cruises a couple days before everybody else, and a different gift in your room the first day. One difference I noticed with the gifts is that Silver got a silver bag, Gold got a yellow bag, and Platinum got a black bag. That was an obvious difference one cruise, but I'm excited to see what gift will be waiting for us :hyper: I'll definitely book another cruise onboard for the discount, and you get an onboard credit, which is a couple hundred dollars.

Gifts are good! ;) Guess we'll get a "silver" bag :laughing: We'll book something even if it's a shorter cruise. I'll look at dates before we get on the ship.

I'm ready for vacation!!!!!

No kidding!!!!! Me, too!!! :teeth:

Yes Heather you read right, lol. But it's shorter then last August when we added 3 days at Universal :ssst::upsidedow. And you know you're not allowed to use "that word" while I'm still on summer break" lol. However you do get to lord it over me soon, since you're done way earlier!!
I'm still off on disability from knee surg at end of Sept. :crutches:But supposed to be going back soon on grad re entry. However our school district is not done with cut backs, ugh and there will be more in June. Another bumpy summer. I have no idea at this point if I'll have a job in Sept. :sad2:

Hi there! Just found your trip report and I have been really enjoying all of your amazing pictures! My husband does a lot of photography work on the side so I always love finding a fellow photo lover's trip report! I also LOVE all of the videos.....we have never visited the water parks so it was nice to see what some of the rides there are like. Can't wait to see your cruise trip report!! Also, don't want to sound like a creeper....but, as a fellow mom of 3 I MUST complement you on your amazing physique! How do you manage it!?! I try so hard to fit workouts in when I can but I need to do better......major props to you.....you must share your secrets!?! :)

Yes Heather you read right, lol. But it's shorter then last August when we added 3 days at Universal :ssst::upsidedow. And you know you're not allowed to use "that word" while I'm still on summer break" lol. However you do get to lord it over me soon, since you're done way earlier!!
I'm still off on disability from knee surg at end of Sept. :crutches:But supposed to be going back soon on grad re entry. However our school district is not done with cut backs, ugh and there will be more in June. Another bumpy summer. I have no idea at this point if I'll have a job in Sept. :sad2:

You poor soul! Only 3 weeks in Florida??!! What ever shall you do??! :P ;)

Really hope all goes well with your job. Uncertainty can be :eek: Maybe you'll get lucky and keep yours. Bet you will. :thumbsup2

Hi there! Just found your trip report and I have been really enjoying all of your amazing pictures! My husband does a lot of photography work on the side so I always love finding a fellow photo lover's trip report! I also LOVE all of the videos.....we have never visited the water parks so it was nice to see what some of the rides there are like. Can't wait to see your cruise trip report!! Also, don't want to sound like a creeper....but, as a fellow mom of 3 I MUST complement you on your amazing physique! How do you manage it!?! I try so hard to fit workouts in when I can but I need to do better......major props to you.....you must share your secrets!?! :)

:wave: Hiya! Glad you found us. My dad and I do like photographs, as you can tell. However we're very amateur;) I've always wanted to take a photography class, but just haven't found the time.

Thanks for the kind words...you're too nice. I use to run, but can't anymore due to a bad knee. Since I teach, I'm always on my feet, rarely sitting down so that helps. And we try to eat fairly healthy. Running after 3 kids doing 3 separate after school activities keeps us busy, busy, busy...no time to eat :laughing:

Not sure of the age of your kids, but y'all should definitely try one of the water parks. They are sooooo much fun! TONS of fun!!

You poor soul! Only 3 weeks in Florida??!! What ever shall you do??! :P ;)

Really hope all goes well with your job. Uncertainty can be :eek: Maybe you'll get lucky and keep yours. Bet you will. :thumbsup2

I know, I'll try to suck up the shorter trip, :upsidedow. Thanks for the good wishes Heather. Our district is bern handing out cutbacks the past few years, and sadly there's hardly anything left of it, service wise. We used to have a great school district so sad to see it a shadow of its former self. I'm just glad my kids graduated before all these cutbacks happened. Depends on what jobs are left. If they offer me a retirement pkg, I may take it. I'm 2 yrs away from when I planned to retire.

OK, I'm only thru the first 4 days of the trip and I want to leave NOW for another trip! We've only spent a little time at FW but I'm looking forward to seeing more of one of my favorites, WL!

I'm like you, I love early mornings. I usually have a companion, Sarah is my early riser.

How do the kids keep getting bigger but we don't get any older?? I love how they are able to do that!

We went on a 4 night cruise on the Wonder in October. We have a week long fall break and usually opt to go on vacation then instead of spring break. It was our first cruise and, of course, we loved it. We booked another on board to get the discount, highly recommend it, and planned on taking another cruise this October. But, we decided that we are going to take the kids to San Francisco then instead...going to see how the girls handle a long flight (this could go well or really bad). So I moved the cruise again and booked an Alaskan for 2016 when they became available. However, after pricing the cruise, flights and excursions it's not looking to good. Basically, we could take 2 Disney type vacations for what the one cruise would cost. So...my ticker is totally inaccurate and I don't know what the change it too!! I've been planting seeds to my DH about how we could go to DL for half of what that Alaskan cruise would be! I want to see the motherland and reading Roni's TR just makes it worse!

I'm gearing up for the end of the year festivities as well, lots of last minute field trips and parties to plan for!

And, I'm with you on the board changes...I can't find any of the emoticons either and when I tried to create a new avatar it kept telling me that the file was too big but I could not get it smaller. Ack! I guess I need to work on that when my patience is really high!

Hope you all had a relaxing sprig break!

Christine

All caught up now! I had to laugh out loud at the shoe lace tying! That's something I would do!

Yea for BC before the cruise. Stormalong Bay is awesome! Beaches and Cream will be fun too, we tried the kitchen sick once and didn't come close to finishing...but it was fun to try!

Hope you all aren't getting all the rain we are, it hasn't stopped raining for a week and a half. I've got one mad kindergarten soccer-playing girl now!

Christine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter