3 Grannies, Disney Dancing & Deviltry! Oh, my!!

Bet you didn't know that I have pics of me in bathrooms all around WDW. ::yes:: Love the interesting bathrooms....GF, Lights Motor Action, FW .....yep...have the camera ready, cuz if I see one I like (and it's clean) we'll be taking pics...of you too!:stir:

You have pix of you on the thrones at Disney Bathrooms:rotfl2:This is daring even for me !! But okay !!!!!;):lmao:

My new motto. What's amotto? Nothing what's a motto with you????:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Here and trying to keep up !!!!!!!

No problem keeping up !!Christine has to do her intro and I am hoping for a Throne sitting :goodvibes:rotfl2: Then with THAT intro it will be flying :rotfl:

Oy vey....:rotfl2:

Thanks for stopping by the slowest moving PTR on the DIS! popcorn::
:dance3:

It's almost as slow as us deciding on where to stay !!!I am absolutely no help to you and you can't decide what I want:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I just have to join in for this PTR!

I think you 2 ladies will have lots of fun! Can't wait to hear where y'all are contemplating staying & which resort wins out in the end. :goodvibes

I just have to join in for this PTR!

I think you 2 ladies will have lots of fun! Can't wait to hear where y'all are contemplating staying & which resort wins out in the end. :goodvibes

Welcome and I can't wait to find out where we are staying either !!!:rotfl2:

Now that has me wondering ........ you have considered so many resorts already, which ones are actually left to be considered. :rotfl2:

Now that has me wondering ........ you have considered so many resorts already, which ones are actually left to be considered. :rotfl2:

Ask Christine !!!!!!:rotfl2:Actually we have considered POFQ, POR,AOA,AK Boardwalk Villas , OKW, . We are deciding between renting points and AOA and one of the Riversides I think unless Christine comes up with another . ;)
Pros and Cons :
AOA is brand new PRO, the distance from buses and foodcourt for the LM rooms is far CON
The Riversides . The boat to DTD PRO, Bed Bugs CON
The BWV Location to Epcot PRO The location of Villas CON
AK Beautiful resort PRO close to AK PRO Location of rooms CON
OKWV Not sure the Pros & Cons on this !!! Sooo Christine help me out !!!:goodvibes

You have pix of you on the thrones at Disney Bathrooms:rotfl2:This is daring even for me !! But okay !!!!!;)

No problem keeping up !!Christine has to do her intro and I am hoping for a Throne sitting :goodvibes Then with THAT intro it will be flying :rotfl:

Oh, sure!!! Sorry to dash your hopes, but these are boring standing in the new bathroom pics...and have no plans to share any of those!!!:worried:

It's almost as slow as us deciding on where to stay !!!I am absolutely no help to you and you can't decide what I want:rotfl2:

Funny how that works!!!
:confused3:goodvibes

Welcome and I can't wait to find out where we are staying either !!!:rotfl2:
Good luck!!!

Truer than you know, Karin!!! ::yes::
Ask Christine !!!!!!:rotfl2:Actually we have considered POFQ, POR,AOA,AK Boardwalk Villas , OKW, . We are deciding between renting points and AOA and one of the Riversides I think unless Christine comes up with another . ;)
Pros and Cons :
AOA is brand new PRO, the distance from buses and foodcourt for the LM rooms is far CON
The Riversides . The boat to DTD PRO, Bed Bugs CON
The BWV Location to Epcot PRO The location of Villas CON
AK Beautiful resort PRO close to AK PRO Location of rooms CON
OKWV Not sure the Pros & Cons on this !!! Sooo Christine help me out !!!:goodvibes

Really, I am crunching numbers to see what we can get for our hard earned $$$'s!!

AOA - new and very cute...but I am so not a fan of the hike to the EPCOT bus stall!!

POR - newly refurbished rooms, boat to DTD

FQ - small & quaint, boat to DTD

BWV - location, location, location...best price for renting points (barely more than AOA even if AOA has FD!)....only con is that it will be very difficult to get for our dates renting points. Owners book up early. :(

AKV - great resort, but not very Christmassy,long bus rides and we can only afford a std view and I'm just not a big fan of looking at loading docks for a premium price!!

OKW - best with a car

BLT - location,location,location...but probably not available for our dates. Again, owners book early.

POR, FQ, OKW & AKL/AKV have all had a lot of recurring bedbug reports :worried:...

A CM told me that every bldg at FQ has had bedbugs.:scared1: Bldg 14 at POR has had a very hard time getting rid of the things. :( Heck, every Disney resort has had to deal with the little critters...think we'd rather take our chances at the one with the least reports!::yes:: Rosie and I will be well prepared so the critters will have to move out when we arrive!!:rotfl:

We will book in couple of weeks...so looks like a little suspense until then!!popcorn::

:wave: Amanda!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!:hug:

My vote is for OKW!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

And you would NOT need a car - yip it is spread out, but the internal bus system works very well. :thumbsup2
On the plus side:
Olivia's
Boat to DTD
two full beds in a studio
NO hotel feel

Cons - don't see any! :rotfl2: (You know I just LOVE the resort!!)

My vote is for OKW!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2:

And you would NOT need a car - yip it is spread out, but the internal bus system works very well. :thumbsup2
On the plus side:
Olivia's
Boat to DTD
two full beds in a studio
NO hotel feel

Cons - don't see any! :rotfl2: (You know I just LOVE the resort!!)

Really??? Your vote goes for OKW???:rotfl2:OMG, I am shocked!! I admit to the place being gorgeous...and the 2 beds in a studio is a plus....but... I like the hotel feeling...::yes:: Want to feel a million miles away from the real world.

The one time I went to visit OKW and took the bus....oh.my.goodness...that was the longest bus ride ever!!

Yep, I'm a lobby enjoying kinda gal! :rotfl:

Yep, the "Grannie" title lured me in. Can't wait to read more.

:welcome: The nice thing about a Grannie PTR is that it's easy to keep up because it moves like a snail!! :woohoo:

:wave: Amanda!!! Thanks so much for stopping by!:hug:

You are so welcome! I'm so excited for you to get this trip! :goodvibes

Okay, you're freaking me out with the bed bug talk! :scared1: We're staying our 1st two nights at POFQ. Should I switch to Riverside or CBR? Or even one of the All-Stars (even though I'm not a fan)? :confused:

You are so welcome! I'm so excited for you to get this trip! :goodvibes

Okay, you're freaking me out with the bed bug talk! :scared1: We're staying our 1st two nights at POFQ. Should I switch to Riverside or CBR? Or even one of the All-Stars (even though I'm not a fan)? :confused:

Oh, no, don't change!! Every Disney resort has had bedbugs, so best is to read how to check the room and then really do that - DON'T leave suitcases on the bed ever!!
Go and have fun!!!::yes::

Yep, the "Grannie" title lured me in. Can't wait to read more.

Welcome !!! I am the oldest Granny Christine is a Spring Chicken:goodvibes My problem is while my body feels like a Granny, my mind is still in it's childhood. And before Marv makes cracks about Second childhood :lmao: I am referring to my first. I guess I am like Peter Pan I never grew up !!!:rotfl2: Poor Christine :scared1::rotfl2:
Those who know me have come to expect crazy antics, especially when I am solo or with my Special Needs guys !!! My daughte keeps me in check :confused:;)

Oh, no, don't change!! Every Disney resort has had bedbugs, so best is to read how to check the room and then really do that - DON'T leave suitcases on the bed ever!!
Go and have fun!!!::yes::

Ok, I'm going to stay at POFQ. I do remember you teaching me all about looking for bed bugs on the last RC thread. I never put our suitcases on the beds, so I should be good there. I have to remember to bring my flashlight & keep the suitcases on the luggage racks. Is it ok to put clothes in the dresser drawers? Or do those little buggers get in there, too? :eek:

Ok, I'm going to stay at POFQ. I do remember you teaching me all about looking for bed bugs on the last RC thread. I never put our suitcases on the beds, so I should be good there. I have to remember to bring my flashlight & keep the suitcases on the luggage racks. Is it ok to put clothes in the dresser drawers? Or do those little buggers get in there, too? :eek:

Per the exterminator who sprayed the group home . Check the drawers first and then spray with OFF before putting clthes in them, he also said to spray the outside of your suitcases !! Now Off does not kill them it is an insect repellent . The professionals spray themselves with OFF every day !! He has never taken home a bedbug, but did once take home a BAT and his wife has never forgiven him:rotfl2::rotfl2: This guy was really good learned his trade in the middle east attached to a military operation and says it was definately a learning experience :scared1::scared1:

I think I still have 2 Bedbug Traps left that he gave me . One for me and one for Christine . They will definately show us if any of the little bugs are there . So after the first 2 days we should be safe and can start throwing our clothes any where !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Per the exterminator who sprayed the group home . Check the drawers first and then spray with OFF before putting clthes in them, he also said to spray the outside of your suitcases !! Now Off does not kill them it is an insect repellent . The professionals spray themselves with OFF every day !! He has never taken home a bedbug, but did once take home a BAT and his wife has never forgiven him:rotfl2::rotfl2: This guy was really good learned his trade in the middle east attached to a military operation and says it was definately a learning experience :scared1::scared1:

Thank you so much for these tips! Looks like I'll be stocking up on OFF. :rotfl:

A BAT?!? I would freak O-U-T! :scared1:

I think I still have 2 Bedbug Traps left that he gave me . One for me and one for Christine . They will definately show us if any of the little bugs are there . So after the first 2 days we should be safe and can start throwing our clothes any where !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:
On top of my bedbug phobia, must have fogot to mention I am NEAT FREAK?!?! :dance3:

Rosie gets her info from the pros because the Home where she is a manager (not sure the official title...is it a home for Developmentally Challenged?) had a bedbug issue and Rosie did not take home one bedbug at all!!! So she's an expert!

We also pack all our clothing in ziploc bags, check the drawers for white poweder(which shows the drawers were likly treated). We keep clothing in the drawer in the ziplock bags..but honestly, after a couple of days we relax. I don't use ME luggage delivery as I want to check the room first, but still keep the suitcase in a giant ziplock bag on the luggage rack.

The critters can be found in headboards, night stands, drawers....but they do not like plastic or tile floors, bathtub etc. Some people keep their luggage in the bathroom, but that's too much of a pain for me.:thumbsup2

(people can laugh, but I are super careful...I live with DD and would never want to be responsible for bringing those critters!)

I am bedbug phobic for sure, but still travel - just be careful and everything will be fine!! I am so excited for your trip, Amanda!!:goodvibes Off to read your update! :)

Checking on DVC availablity for our dates today!! ::yes::

If our preferred DVC (renting points) is not available, then it will be time to decide between FQ, POR or AOA.....decisions, decisions!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter