3-prong fanny pack recommendations

Sorry, I just returned from our trip! The Target brand is JoyLab. They may have discontinued it. The url used to work. I tried to find it on their site, and could not. So sorry!
My wife just found a North Face Roo she had. It's 7x10x2 and I'm not sure if it's too big.

My son has one he wears, its for medical reasons but no one ever questioned him cause he fit in the assigned areas of the ride.( inside the lap bar)

Does anyone know if you can use the waist packs that have locking hardware instead of the 3 prong variety? Basically they have clips holding the bag part and some kind of lock on it (they're designed to foil pick pockets while on travel). Most of the convertible waist packs seem to be this variety. I like crossbody bags but not waist packs so I'd like to have something that converts so I can use it places besides Uni.

I use a Dimok running belt waistpack. It holds my phone, money, and sunglasses if I need too. It’s not big but I didn’t want one big. It’s perfect for me and it’s 3 prong and waterproof. My hubby has purse pants so he doesn’t use one. LOL😊
I know, late to the party but you made me laugh! :rotfl:

Does anyone know if there are size restrictions on the fanny packs? My sister gave me an unused American Tourister fanny pack but it looks really huge.

I can fit a Butterbeer souvenir cup inside without issue. Is this too big to wear on rides like Gringotts and Hagrid's? I don't plan on Hulk or Rip Ride Rockit.

It might be. It has to fit within the ride seat. Mine, you could never put a cup in. I too have the Kipling that I have had for years. Only keep a small wallet, phone, and my car keys. I put my sunglasses in it, when inside. In the very small part, my photo pass card, and any receipts. Never had an issue.

I haven't worn a fanny pack since the 80's when I was in sports. I really love the modern sleek look that are currently being offered.

I just want something slim that's 1"- 1.5" wide to carry the following:
Samsung S8+, reading glasses, lipstick and mini RFID wallet!

My cargo capris pockets are so small!

The Kipling would be good for you FoxC63
Mine was a gift from a dear friend and I love it
3 zipper compartments in the front and will hold all that you listed
One zipper in the back of it holds my paper money/cc

The Kipling would be good for you FoxC63
Mine was a gift from a dear friend and I love it
3 zipper compartments in the front and will hold all that you listed
One zipper in the back of it holds my paper money/cc

Perfect! I wasn't sure which slim fanny pack would work best with my phone. I like to get to it without a lot of fuss. Thank you.

Anyone know if this would be ok for rides? Specifically Hagrid's, Gringotts and Forbidden Journey. I've been on Forbidden Journey at Universal Hollywood and there isn't a lot of room once the bars are down over you. I'm worried about the thickness of it once I put stuff in it. I'd love to avoid the lockers if I can, but if this won't fit on the rides and I have to do lockers, I'd rather just bring a bigger pack. The dimensions are 7 x 2.8 x 13.8. It has a three prong clasp.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCJ15QU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We just got back and used a Northface Roo (3 liter 7"x10"x2"). We didn't have it stuffed, just kept sunglasses, sunscreen, makeup, etc.. in there.

I'm a decent sized guy (6'2" 215lbs) and was able to wear it on everything they allow you to. We were not allowed to bring it in to Hagrid's (Rip Ride Rocket and Hulk allow nothing at all so obviously not there either). Everywhere else was fine including Gringotts, Forbidden Journey, Mummy, Men in Black, Spider Man, etc...

If my wife was trying to carry it through cross body she got told a few times she couldn't bring it, but once I showed them it was a fanny pack and wore it that way they would let us through.

Anyone know if this would be ok for rides? Specifically Hagrid's, Gringotts and Forbidden Journey. I've been on Forbidden Journey at Universal Hollywood and there isn't a lot of room once the bars are down over you. I'm worried about the thickness of it once I put stuff in it. I'd love to avoid the lockers if I can, but if this won't fit on the rides and I have to do lockers, I'd rather just bring a bigger pack. The dimensions are 7 x 2.8 x 13.8. It has a three prong clasp.

amazon.com/gp/product/B01GCJ15QU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So based on that experience I don't think they will let that shoulder bag through on Gringotts or Forbidden Journey and Hagrid's is pockets only, no bags.

The size seems ok, but as the previous poster mentioned, I would be worried that the bag you linked doesn't appear to convert to a waist/fanny pack so I don't think they will let you on with it.

Thanks for the replies, it sounds like this one won't work to take on rides. I have a backpack that will work better and I'd rather bring that if I have to deal with lockers anyway. I appreciate the help!

I was just there earlier this month and we didn't take anything on Hagrids or Gringotts but sunglasses or cell phones that would go in our pockets. I didn't see anyone with bags of any kind on those rides. Mummy either. We kept getting lockers for those rides. Heck, Men in Black wouldn't let you take a bag either and that doesn't really do much.

I have a really cute Lululemon waist bag that is a small rectangular shape: https://shop.lululemon.com/p/bags/Everywhere-Belt-Bag/_/prod8900416?color=0001&sz=ONESIZE

It will hold my phone, sunglasses, some cash/a few cards, a lip balm or small sunscreen. Just the basics. I really like it!

I hadn't considered bringing it to Disney as I like a bit more capacity (so have this for a travel/park purse: https://www.luglife.ca/products/flutter-3?variant=13046561177709 but in a nice subtle grey!), but I may consider using the Lulu one instead, if I can keep it on for most rides!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter