3-prong fanny pack recommendations

I looked at the dimensions for the Kanga and the Bayliss.
Kanga: 9" x 6.5" x 2.25"
Bayliss: 8" x 7" x 2.5"

The Bayliss goes on all the rides (except where bags prohibited) so I would assume the Kanga will as well.

I will add that I don't wear the Bayliss right on my waist; it hangs farther down, more on my hips. It is more squarish.
Oh wow. You’re the best! Thank you so much for checking on that. I appreciate it!

I’m a pretty small-framed person so I’m also hoping I can turn it to the side so it’s resting on my hip in the seat next to me.

I don't like to carry a lot of stuff with me. I did have a small purse and a skinny fanny pack/stash belt. We usually leave our bags with mom lol so I just have my phone and it was small enough just for that.

I decided to try a fanny pack for my universal days (bringing a backpack as well to Disney and will use it if I hate using a fanny pack) but I just bought the Kate Spade Watson Lane Betty for around $42 including tax. It’s on sale on the website. It had slots for your cards and an open pouch with some leather trim and at least looks fashionable. It’s a 3 prong so I thought I’d thrown that out there as an option for someone wanting something less sporty looking.

I decided to try a fanny pack for my universal days (bringing a backpack as well to Disney and will use it if I hate using a fanny pack) but I just bought the Kate Spade Watson Lane Betty for around $42 including tax. It’s on sale on the website. It had slots for your cards and an open pouch with some leather trim and at least looks fashionable. It’s a 3 prong so I thought I’d thrown that out there as an option for someone wanting something less sporty looking.

I was eyeing that one too! Got worried it wouldn’t stand up to the rain + activities of a Universal trip though. I also wanted a little more space. But it’s very cute. I just got a KS backpack or I might have bought it for everyday use. 😉

What I suggest is to go to your local walmart or bag selling store.

Pick out the cheapest thing there that fits your needs, and be done with it. If you never use it again, you will not be out much money.

Be sure to try it on before you buy it. The strap can be different lengths. If you need a longer strap, go to the camping section and see if there is something there.

If after you use it you end up liking it, you can get one of the fancy more expensive varieties.

I was eyeing that one too! Got worried it wouldn’t stand up to the rain + activities of a Universal trip though. I also wanted a little more space. But it’s very cute. I just got a KS backpack or I might have bought it for everyday use. 😉

The KS backpack is really cute! I’ve seen it around town. I didn’t get it though because I have one from Henry Bendel that I can easily use as well as several other smallish backpacks. For $40, figured I could test a bum bag and if I don’t like it my 13 year old will.

We just went to Disney/Universal and used the Frog bagz fanny pack from Amazon for 21.99. Lots of rain and everything stayed dry, went on all the rides with ease, plenty of storage and the strap is easily converted so it can be worn over the shoulder as well.

I looked at quite a few hip packs - most were either waaaay too large, or so small that they couldn't fit everything I needed. I wanted to fit my phone, sunglasses, tickets (we may get the neck lanyard, depending on how large they are!) a small sunscreen and a bar type snack. I also wanted one that didn't stick out too far, and was water resistant. I really like this hip pack I found at Target -shorturl.at/drzJ9 It is mostly neoprene and the zipper teeth are large, so it feels sturdy. I'm not thrilled with the bright chrome zipper pulls (I think they would look better in brushed metal, or the same color as the zipper) but the overall color is very nice - slightly cooler than the photo - it lies flat and I can wear it cross-chest; the prong is sturdy/strong, and the belt fabric is a nice width. FWIW, if I had young kids I don't think it would hold enough. I really like the way it feels - comfortable and cool. Oh, and I was just at TJ Maxx, and they had a bunch of the Kipling bags in many shapes and styles - no hip packs, though.

414858 414859

Without a 3 prong clasp, you won't be allowed to use it at the park.....but it sure is cute!
I believe I can still bring it to the parks, though will likely need to store it for certain rides? This would be okay for our type of vacation- less rides, more other activities.

I believe I can still bring it to the parks, though will likely need to store it for certain rides? This would be okay for our type of vacation- less rides, more other activities.

For sure. You just have to store it for rides with lockers. Manufacturers need to make cuter bags with the 3 prong clasp.

Last edited:
We’re home now. 😞 I ended up using the Kanga from The North Face. It worked out really well for me! It provided enough space for me to carry my “essentials” plus some extras, and it was really nice to ditch my big backpack. Made me realize we used to carry a lot of stuff that we didn’t truly need! Some people might still find it to be bulky, but it didn’t bother me. I had no issues with getting it to fit in the seat on the rides, but I did find it better to go over the seat restraint on Mummy. (Incidentally, I also never noticed the TMs checking to see if it had a 3-prong clasp nor did they seem to check my daughter’s Vans fanny pack clasp - it was also 3-prong though.)

The only drawback was that the Kanga is not waterproof, but it was totally fine for the little bit of rain we didn’t cover up for. (not enough to deem ponchos necessary). I was able to use my rain cover I have previously used for my big backpack (since I didn’t take it) on the fanny pack when we went on the water rides. It was perfect because it has a thin bungee cord to tighten it down to the smaller size I needed.

All things considered, I’m happy with the Kanga and will use it for more adventures now that we’re home! Thanks again for all of the suggestions and advice I got here. 😁

I looked at quite a few hip packs - most were either waaaay too large, or so small that they couldn't fit everything I needed. I wanted to fit my phone, sunglasses, tickets (we may get the neck lanyard, depending on how large they are!) a small sunscreen and a bar type snack. I also wanted one that didn't stick out too far, and was water resistant. I really like this hip pack I found at Target -shorturl.at/drzJ9 It is mostly neoprene and the zipper teeth are large, so it feels sturdy. I'm not thrilled with the bright chrome zipper pulls (I think they would look better in brushed metal, or the same color as the zipper) but the overall color is very nice - slightly cooler than the photo - it lies flat and I can wear it cross-chest; the prong is sturdy/strong, and the belt fabric is a nice width. FWIW, if I had young kids I don't think it would hold enough. I really like the way it feels - comfortable and cool. Oh, and I was just at TJ Maxx, and they had a bunch of the Kipling bags in many shapes and styles - no hip packs, though.

View attachment 414858 View attachment 414859
What brand is it? I looked on Target and didn't see it. The shorturl didn't work either.

I use a Dimok running belt waistpack. It holds my phone, money, and sunglasses if I need too. It’s not big but I didn’t want one big. It’s perfect for me and it’s 3 prong and waterproof. My hubby has purse pants so he doesn’t use one. LOL😊

Attachments

• BD7130B9-4CB2-4EDD-9DCD-B56E4CAFC2C7.jpeg
    BD7130B9-4CB2-4EDD-9DCD-B56E4CAFC2C7.jpeg
    55.4 KB · Views: 19
I have a Vera Bradley one that I got from the outlet store - it was like $20 and I love it. Its not bulky, very adjustable, and has a ton of pockets so it keeps me organized. I also have a LeSportSac one that's a little smaller, but its nylon which is nice if it gets wet.

What brand is it? I looked on Target and didn't see it. The shorturl didn't work either.
Sorry, I just returned from our trip! The Target brand is JoyLab. They may have discontinued it. The url used to work. I tried to find it on their site, and could not. So sorry!

Also to give everyone an updated experience; my friend has a convertible shoulder bag to hip bag (brand is Baggalini) that is quite secure around the waist. They did not allow it on the ride, as it did not have the three prong latch. She thankfully had another smaller bag with the 3-prong latch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter