30 day countdown - Aug. 2010 PTR - now with 40 year old WDW photos!

If she doesn't have time, I'll see if I can do it for you. I wish I was there right now! Counting down the work days....

Saw on my PTR that you're back!!! :cool1:

I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I hope it was amazing!

We are back and it was wonderful! Hot, humid, hot, but wonderful! I'm not entirely happy to be back home. Other than my quick trip to the grocery store, we stayed home today, and I really don't want to start real life again tomorrow.

I think I'm going to start a new thread for the TR, but I'll link to it here. I've had fun going through the pictures and the PhotoPass ones today. Between our two cameras and the PP, we have over 1000 shots! Yikes! :scared1:

Hi there! I decided to start a separate TR, so here's the promised link:
Pixie Dust in Your Eye Hurts!
I called it that because it seemed like a zillion things went just right for us, but I ended up having trouble with one of my eyes again. I took photos anyway on the second to last day just so I'd be able to see things clearly when I got home because I wasn't seeing them too well then!

In case I don't get to these in the TR before you two leave:
• Best thing I packed: the Brita water filtering pitcher. We were able to have good tasting water in our refillable bottles and not spend all of our snack credits on drinks.
• Second best thing I packed: a little change purse, just big enough for KTTW, fast passes, the safe key, and driver's licenses. (DH can't go anywhere without his.) We could leave our wallets in the room safe.
• When you go to Epcot, find Frank. He's a terrific PhotoPass photographer who usually works the World Showcase. He's there two days a week and on our day he was doing the Mexico to Italy half. He said he's usually in Italy, but we found him in Mexico and China as well. The pics he took of us, the boys, and just DH and me were great. He had great ideas and fun poses. He told us to look for his buddy Roy (who he said was as good as he was :)) on the other half, but we never did find him.
• In MK, try to take the horse drawn trolley from the train station to the castle around 9:00. We managed it twice and the Dapper Dans got on too and sang to us!
• In AK, take the safari first thing -- we saw great animals! If you can't do that, head straight to the gibbons and simiangs (can't remember exactly what they are) because evidently they call to each other in the early morning. A coworker of my sister's worked at AK and told us to try to do both of those things, but we only managed the safari. Also, read the times board and don't rely on the little paper you can get with the maps. I really wanted to see DeVine, but she wasn't listed on the paper so I figured she wasn't there that day. As we were leaving, I saw her times listed on the big board. I was bummed!

Lexmas, we didn't do the energy show, so I wasn't able to find out the shirt color for you. Hopefully Tankgirl can!

It is so far past my bedtime! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter