4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

Wait times are going to be horrific with only one track going, four rides total in the park, and TOT often hobbled by broken elevators (at least it was when we visited last Fall).

An article on the DIS main site (WDWInfo) claims that FPs will only be unavailable for TSM through 5/7. A couple of other sites (WDWMagic and WDWNT) state that FPs will be available again starting on May 8.

Is this incorrect information?

An article on the DIS main site (WDWInfo) claims that FPs will only be unavailable for TSM through 5/7. A couple of other sites (WDWMagic and WDWNT) state that FPs will be available again starting on May 8.

So far the earliest date someone CL has booked an FP for TSMM is June 25.

Exactly! I am there early May with my DH and two young adult "children"... over Easter breakfast we fine tuned our trip plans and talked about TSMM, all agreed if we don't ride it this trip it won't ruin anything. I explained the only hope is likely to be getting up super early one morning and try rope dropping it and they don't want to do that. We are trying to go more relaxed and no commando style this trip (two rope drops and two sleep in/pool mornings with park entry after 2pm-close). We have never seen Movie Magic or Star Wars fireworks so that is our priority at closing not getting in line for TSMM.

Yes, we had the talk with our kids on that too. For us we can't hit RD because JTA is the bigger priority. We're going to try to hit it at night, hoping that a lot of people go to F! or the SW fireworks. The kids had already decided that the SW fireworks were their lowest priority fireworks (and they are young enough that we can't do them in each park) so the plan is to try to hit TSM then. But even then I told them there is a pretty good chance we won't be able to go on it at all.

It'll be interesting to see how things work (or don't work) next week. Honestly I'm glad about JTA because I'd really rather not have 3 young kids (not in strollers) in the middle of the stampede.

Isn't unavailable through May 7, and available on May 8 the same thing?

We were told when we were there March 13th that the ramp was going to be completely closed and there would not be accessible cars running from 4/9 until Toy Story opens on June 30. This is from a CM so not sure how reliable.

So far the earliest date someone CL has booked an FP for TSMM is June 25.

Interesting. I am one who thinks they will be available for use on May 8th while others think booking FPs will resume May 8th. But June 25th seems like a very random date with land opening June 30th. Did they try for any prior to that? I know someone who just booked through June 9th and couldn't get any.

Interesting. I am one who thinks they will be available for use on May 8th while others think booking FPs will resume May 8th. But June 25th seems like a very random date with land opening June 30th. Did they try for any prior to that? I know someone who just booked through June 9th and couldn't get any.
Well, they're definitely not available on May 9 (or if they were they got scooped up right away). I saw someone check for May 10-21 (or something like that) with no such luck. It was a CL guest who said June 25 (I'm assuming it was the check in day, as the CL FPs are based on check out day).

Well, they're definitely not available on May 9 (or if they were they got scooped up right away). I saw someone check for May 10-21 (or something like that) with no such luck. It was a CL guest who said June 25 (I'm assuming it was the check in day, as the CL FPs are based on check out day).

No they are definitely not available through June 9th yet. That was the 13th day of a trip so pretty sure they weren't just scooped up.

I think they will be available for May 8th at some point, but question is when. Others thought was you wouldn't be able to book them again until May 8th, which seems to be incorrect based on the June 25th booking. Just different takes on the not so clear statement they released.:rolleyes:

According to DH's self-entry pass dates, he is blocked out starting 6/25 from DHS which leads me to believe Toy Story Land is opening that day.

According to DH's self-entry pass dates, he is blocked out starting 6/25 from DHS which leads me to believe Toy Story Land is opening that day.

That's interesting and would be pretty news worthy given they just announced June 30th what a few weeks ago??

That's interesting and would be pretty news worthy given they just announced June 30th what a few weeks ago??

Nothing official but I have been checking the site daily as we are returning to WDW after a 6 year hiatus and all DHS days are green until 6/25 when it is red and remains red (blocked) through and including June 8th. It has been known to change even a day or two before so we will see. Maybe previews? Soft opening? No real idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter