4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

I have heard that it is possible to sign up for Jedi Training prior to rope drop as you are allowed into the park far enough to sign up prior to "rope drop" -- which would mean we might be able to make it back to rope drop line in time to get on the ride fairly early. Hopefully we will know more soon considering this is going to be happening starting next week :)
Yes it is, once they start letting people in at 8.30 you can sign up for Jedi training straight away, we were back at the crowds on Hollywood Boulevard by 8.50. You would need to be one of the first people to Jedi training to do that though, otherwise you’d still be queuing for that

I tried to get CL FP on Monday at 9 a.m. Eastern for June 25th and was told TSMM weren't available for booking from DSS after he looked it up in a couple different ways...so who knows. Maybe it was opened on accident and some lucky people got them before it was closed again for booking.

I tried to get CL FP on Monday at 9 a.m. Eastern for June 25th and was told TSMM weren't available for booking from DSS after he looked it up in a couple different ways...so who knows. Maybe it was opened on accident and some lucky people got them before it was closed again for booking.
How many people have we heard say got FP for 6/25? I only saw one. I'm wondering if it's reliable. I myself wouldn't believe it without a few more people confirming and/or a screen shot of it.

Maybe Disney likes all the guessing and speculation? Or maybe they are just so big the operation becomes inconsistent? But with the resources at their disposal would it be so hard to set an opening timeline and preview (if there is one) schedule and just let everyone (including CMs) know what that is. Even the announcement of TSMM FP availability was left open to so many interpretations. It seems much of this stuff depends on the day of the week or the person you talk to. "It all depends on what CM you get", not sure if that is a punchline or a promo for the company. In some ways I guess it is both, but sure frustrating when they set everything up to be planned so far in advance......

Maybe Disney likes all the guessing and speculation? Or maybe they are just so big the operation becomes inconsistent? But with the resources at their disposal would it be so hard to set an opening timeline and preview (if there is one) schedule and just let everyone (including CMs) know what that is. Even the announcement of TSMM FP availability was left open to so many interpretations. It seems much of this stuff depends on the day of the week or the person you talk to. "It all depends on what CM you get", not sure if that is a punchline or a promo for the company. In some ways I guess it is both, but sure frustrating when they set everything up to be planned so far in advance......
Totally! I get that they might not know when exactly the FP line can open again, and they don't want to release those and then have to take them away because they estimated wrong. But the fact that there are so many unknowns... Will it open at all before 6/30, where will it be if it does open early, and especially, will it be taken down completely for some period of time? There's no reason we shouldn't at least know that, but there's conflicting information all over the place, and none of it seems to be officially from Disney.

Guess no further clarification still on any of this about the May 8th date or about CL guests being able to book any FPs prior to June 30th? Strange that report came out from a couple websites and then pretty much silence since.....

My family is arriving at Disney on June 21st and staying until June 30th. We will be purchasing annual passes as we plan to return in early June of 2019. I know that numerous pass holders went to the opening of Pandora so I am hoping that they can answer this question.

My question is how do get an invitation to a soft opening as an AP holder? Is it something that I need to look for online or do AP holders receive an invitation? If AP holders receive an invitation, do all AP holders receive this invitation or is the "luck of the draw"?

TIA!

Guess no further clarification still on any of this about the May 8th date or about CL guests being able to book any FPs prior to June 30th? Strange that report came out from a couple websites and then pretty much silence since.....
Yeah, very strange. I just saw one person casually say they got a fastpass for the 25th, and that's been it. If that had been true, I'd expect word to be all over the place...

My family is arriving at Disney on June 21st and staying until June 30th. We will be purchasing annual passes as we plan to return in early June of 2019. I know that numerous pass holders went to the opening of Pandora so I am hoping that they can answer this question.

My question is how do get an invitation to a soft opening as an AP holder? Is it something that I need to look for online or do AP holders receive an invitation? If AP holders receive an invitation, do all AP holders receive this invitation or is the "luck of the draw"?

TIA!

With Pandora there were soft openings and a more structured DVC/AP preview. Some AP holders got an email but some didn't (at least soon enough). The soft openings were more just random people getting stopped at AK days before and let in to try it out. Nobody yet knows if it will follow a similar pattern this time or be something less.

Maybe we'll hear something next week when the fastpass line actually shuts down. It feels strange that it's still open. I'd at least hope we can get an answer about DAS.

Yeah, very strange. I just saw one person casually say they got a fastpass for the 25th, and that's been it. If that had been true, I'd expect word to be all over the place...

Yeah I agree that 25th date was random. Seems like either false info or a rogue CM possibly. But the May 8th announcement is almost more unusual for me. Both websites reported it almost as fact (in slightly different ways) but then nobody else even mentioned it. Very strange indeed.

The DISer, who received the FP for the 25th, booked it during the time Disney was processing the “live” FPs. That week of June was available for booking until Disney returned to restricting the booking.

All Cast Members are blocked from entry into DHS from June 25th through July 8th...so, it’s indicative of something...as in unusually high crowds.

But the May 8th announcement is almost more unusual for me. Both websites reported it almost as fact (in slightly different ways) but then nobody else even mentioned it. Very strange indeed.
Yeah, great point. I can't even figure out where that information came from, but it's all over the place. And then it directly conflicts with what some people have said they've heard CMs say. It's all hearsay I guess, and we just don't know anything until the fastpasses actually show up. I think a lot of people would have put money on the land being open by Memorial Day, so really, what does anyone know for sure about this whole weird thing?

The DISer, who received the FP for the 25th, booked it during the time Disney was processing the “live” FPs. That week of June was available for booking until Disney returned to restricting the booking.

All Cast Members are blocked from entry into DHS from June 25th through July 8th...so, it’s indicative of something...as in unusually high crowds.

Does it seem unusual that they would be blocked starting the 25th if it was just previews? Given the low number of guests included in those would seem that wouldn't affect overall attendance that much. Maybe I'm underestimating how many are included though.

Does it seem unusual that they would be blocked starting the 25th if it was just previews? Given the low number of guests included in those would seem that wouldn't affect overall attendance that much. Maybe I'm underestimating how many are included though.
I believe it may be a possible “soft open” or a switch to TSM using the new entrance rather than previews because those are controlled. Disney has to ensure the new entrance is running smoothly prior to June 30th.

When Disney alters CM access to parks, it’s always based on what’s being scheduled and planned for regular guests and the crowd level.

I believe it may be a possible “soft open” or a switch to TSM using the new entrance rather than previews because those are controlled. Disney has to ensure the new entrance is running smoothly prior to June 30th.

When Disney alters CM access to parks, it always based on what’s being scheduled and planned for regular guests and the crowd level.

That would make more sense to me. I just can't see any previews being enough to drive up attendance much. If TSMM is only operating SB and 1 track I can see people just staying away if they weren't able to secure a preview slot. They really should be discounting the park admission once TSMM goes down to 1 track, but obviously that isn't going to happen.:rolleyes2

I think the 25th is a possible soft opening. I am a CM, and notice that blockout a week or so ago. It is for our guests AND the CMs.

Have not read all posts, so sorry if it has already been answered.
Will there be no tiers while TSM has no FPs available?
Also, do you think some guests will skip HS altogether? I’m questioning skipping it myself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter