• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4th ToT trip - Almost at TGIF ElecTRONica!

I am so enjoying reading your tr. thanks so much for sharing. Thursday looked beautiful and sunny. :cool1:

I am so enjoying reading your tr. thanks so much for sharing. Thursday looked beautiful and sunny. :cool1:
Thanks! :flower3:

Great trip report! How were the crowds while you guys were there?
:flower3: When it was raining - super light. That darn rain really does keep the crowds away. When Thursday and Friday had bright sunshine, it definitely got waaaaaaaay more crowded ... I'm sure that had a bit to do with the fact it was "Thursday and Friday" too :) But - it was nothing compared to what it's like during the summer or over December break.

awwwwww tdash i love the costume!!! :tink:

It's Friday :cool1: :banana: :dance3:
(Well, on my DLR TR anyway :laughing: )

So, since our decision to stay an extra night was much later than my original HOJO reservation, our M-Th room was all booked up. We had to switch to a standard room, which of course wasn't ready before checkout. We had a leisurely breakfast in the room and packed up. Put our stuff on the cart and checked it in at the front desk, and off to DL we went.

The sun was shining brightly and DL was busy! of course, this was about 2 hours after opening. I texted my friend who was also in the parks that day - her daughter is one my DD6's BFFs. While waiting to hear back from them, we headed to NOS to order DD6's chosen souvenir for the trip - one of those painted parasols. She was so excited. She chose a bright pink one, with her name, flowers, and a doggie.

Hooked up with them by SMGG. They had FPs, and being a family of 6, they had enough for DD6 and I to ride with my friend and all the older kids (DH, friend's DH and their little guy didn't ride).

DD6 wanted to ride with her friend, which I admit freaked me out a bit. 2 older siblings rode in the front, DD6 and her friend in the middle, and me and my friend in the back. We kept touching the kids heads during the "flight" to make sure they were still there ;)

Photo:

f60e28b0.jpg

Then we hit up the Matterhorn, DD6 once again chose to ride with a friend so DH and I got to ride together :lovestruc The matterhorn can be kind of cozy ;)

Next it was off to POTC, which is my friend's DH's favorite ride. OMG, that is the longest I've ever waited for Pirates :sad2: It was made bearable by chatting with friends, but still - UGH. This is why I like to hit up the rides at park opening and later evening. Our friends had lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou, so we parted ways ...

Headed over to the parasol cart to pick up the parasol. It was ready and DD6 *loved* it. Decided to hop over to DCA for Soarin', the line was too long so we got FPs. Decided to head into DtD for late lunch.

Leaving Main Street with the parasol:

9aa31a2c.jpg

c1b4896e.jpg

Went to the taqueria at TJ's. The nachos were not as good as I remember them, I think White Water Snacks does a better nacho.

34e77322.jpg

Room at the HOJO still wasn't ready (we called) so decided to get shopping in. DH went to Quiksilver and scored shorts at a deep discount, DD6 and I shopped at WoD with our AP discount. Just a few things...DD6 got a Minnie Mouse set (little plastic doll set with clothes, like Polly Pocket), I got a scarf and the cutest Mickey black&white platform flip-flops, from the same collection as my purse :)

Alas, room was still not ready, but this meant we could try out the happy hour at TJ's :woohoo: We had chips and salsa and $5 margaritas outside with the sun shining, it was lovely!

Margaritas:

95ce1885.jpg

Our room was at last ready, so we headed back to the HOJO. Got our stuff moved into a standard room in building 3, and it was siesta time!

I love the parasols. And the margaritas actually look good to me.

I love the parasols. And the margaritas actually look good to me.
The parasol is super cute. DD6 is thrilled with it still :)

The margaritas are good :) I think TJ's has the best margarita in DLR. Plus the glasses are sooooo pretty :lovestruc

I know I need to finish up this TR but I'm being lazy right now :rolleyes:

The parasol is super cute. DD6 is thrilled with it still :)

The margaritas are good :) I think TJ's has the best margarita in DLR. Plus the glasses are sooooo pretty :lovestruc

I know I need to finish up this TR but I'm being lazy right now :rolleyes:

I have one I got in 2007 and I love it. I use it as decoration with my Mardi Gras masks.

I cannot stand tequila but the glasses attract me. :rolleyes1

No stress, I know I will be here when you finish it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter