• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4th ToT trip - Almost at TGIF ElecTRONica!

Went on Muholland Madness and cruised around DCA. Ran into 2 more families we know (running total is about 6 so far).

Grabbed beers at Pacific Wharf. Got asked my favourite question "Is that beer?" "Yes.". "Where did you get that???!"

cf722ad8.jpg

Why are all of these families you know there? Is it because you are famous?

Ooh, it all looks great!! I hope you have a wonderful time tonite at the party and that it stays dry for you!! :wizard:

Yummy. Too bad about the Tigger Tail. I am so glad we finally tried them in June.

That beer looks good.

After said-beers, went to Guest Services in DCA and picked up our free Chase Visa WoC Lithograph. It's pretty cute. DD6 wants it :)

Ran into 2 more families we know. No, I'm not famous :rotfl:

Back into DL for our date with the Carnation Cafe.

DH had meatloaf, DD had PB Palette, I had 1/2 turkey and loaded baked potato soup. Photos following. It was YUM but it started to POUR. :sad1: Threw on our rain gear and back into DCA to use our FPs for Soarin.

Ran into family number 9 I think :) They were in standby. FPs rock! :banana:

Got primo row 1 middle seats for Soarin. Then we were ready to take a break from the rain and hotel siesta time. It's almost 4 pm. The rain is quiet right now but ugh. We're still gonna dress up and head in. I really really want the rain to stay away!

Carnation cafe photos:

Ugh, photobucket is acting weird so will have to post later :sad2:

Loving your TR...I'll be there at the end of the month and reading this reminds me to get some rain gear to take with us just in case...

We are going to do a picnic, I'll let you know how it goes. We just though about the amount of food at AG and thought it was too much. And we will be going to WCT anway so didn't want to spend the money to go there twice.

We didn’t go to WCT, we could of gone..RFLOL

omg! u expecting a party!? look at all those snacks behind you girtl!!

ha haaa

:rotfl: Love the deviled egg!! Sorry about the rain.

So when we first arrived at MHP, what a mess! It was *pouring*. CMs were everywhere clearing the park out, and during that first hour, they were really good about checking for wristbands (they were silver last night).

Then as we waited for a photo op by "Pirate Wharf" (was Jack Sparrow, but he left and was replaced by Captain Hook, Peter Pan and Wendy - but they were really fun and I think we got a great photo) the rain gods smiled down on us and it was clear the rest of the night. We ran into 4 more, yes 4 - families that we know from San Jo.

It was kind of weird because they moved all the candy stations to covered areas, and they definitely didn't put out all the decorations. The Rivers of America looked really cool though, with spooky lighting and fog. It was the least crowded I've seen DL at night, ever. The lines for candy were crazy long, we skipped 'em unless they were short. There were a few in the French Quarter and over by Innoventions that were a breeze. Mostly chocolate and good candy :thumbsup2 and we got more than enough even though we probably only hit a dozen or so candy stops.

We also waited in line for Tinkerbell and Fairies, the characters were all awesome. I think DL brought our their best CMs :)

After Tink, we had no problem snagging a good spot for the calvacade which was coming by in about 5 minutes. The mini-parade is SUPER cute.

After that, some more ToT, checking out DL. Got a spot in front of the castle (again, no problems) about 10 minutes before Halloween Screams fireworks, which were just as good as I remember :)

More cruising, we checked out Jack Skellington's dance party, but DD6 was super tired by now and we just wandered down a very empty Main Street and took photos by the pumpkin.

All in all, an awesome night and I'm so glad we braved the craptastic (IMO :laughing: ) weather and went.

Today we're just chillin. The weather still suuuuuuuuuuuuucks. :sad1: It's raining, about 9:10 am. We have WoC picnics today. DH thinks since you kinda get wet at WoC depending where you sit, we can just tough it out :confused3 I'm just hoping it's like last night, where it clears out. We're going to eat the picnic food for lunch anyway, so it's not too big a loss (hopefully).

OK, time to brush my teeth and get motivated to head out to DLR!

Carnation Cafe food photos:

Peanut Butter Palette

6b48b73a.jpg

1/2 Turkey sandwich and loaded baked potato soup

53c3f515.jpg

Meatloaf

441d2bdb.jpg

I am glad that the weather cleared up last night. I hope it does today too. The peanut butter palate looks so fun.

It sounds like the crowds were perfect last night.

Wow, a lot to recap.

So Wednesday. Rain, rain go away ...

We made it into the very wet park around 9:30/10. Ducked into Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln because we've never seen it and it was pouring. DD6 declared this "very boring" until audio-animatronic Lincoln came out.

Got FP for SMGG, went on Buzz, then Small World. It was kind of fun riding on the boats with umbrellas. Yeah, not so much :rolleyes:

Ran into another family. Said quick hellos and dashed off for rain cover.

Decided it was snack time. Went into Blue Ribbon Bakery and had a lovely time snacking on the demitasse dessert, pumpkin muffin (saving a Matterhorn Macaroon for later). I got a hot caramel apple cider, which both DH and DD6 loved. It was sooooooo good.

7177f206.jpg

27cbfd6c.jpg

Leaving Blue Ribbon, ran into ummm family 13? 14?

Then over DCA, where it was sprinkling very lightly and was totally manageable. Had fun laughing at the surprised families in "It's a Bug's Life" and when we came out, the sun was shining a bit :thumbsup2

Rode those Flik's Flyers (chinese food box) and that Francis LadyBug ride. Then my favorite, Heimlich's choo choo train. I could listen to Heimlich all day long.

My boyfriend, Heimlich:

67ae2ad0.jpg

Rode Silly Symphony Swings, picked up WoC picnics. DD6 was excited about the WoC tote bags and light up bracelet.

Back to hotel for siesta....

After siesta, headed into DL to use our SMGG FPs. Don't ask what I'm doing in this ride photo, because I know I look like a dork and I can't remember what my intentions were :rotfl:

010e6756.jpg

It was getting near 6:30 at this point, so we figured it was time to head into DCA. Oh yeah, forgot to mention - clear skies abounded! It was awesome. Not too cold, either. :banana:

Lined up around 6:45 in the pre-queue or whatever, let into yellow section at 7:15. Got a middle spot in front of rail. Hung out, ate picnics, and socialized. Dd6 made fast friends with 2 other little girls.

View:

2676aaa1.jpg

Picnics, Mediterranean and Asian:

e01e5238.jpg

9a6a62d6.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter