7 Bridges (or more?)

AquamarineSteph

DIS Veteran
http://www.frommers.com/slideshows/847997-7-iconic-bridges-you-must-see-before-you-die

I read this article on the Frommer's website which listed 7 iconic bridges that a person should see. I've included the link to the article, but if you don't feel like flipping through their slide show the bridges are

--Pont Neuf, Paris
--Ponte Vecchio, Florence
--Chain Bridge, Budapest
--Tower Bridge, London
--Brooklyn Bridge, New York City
--Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
--Sydney Harbour Bridge, Syndey

So my first question is this - how many of these bridges have you seen? I only have seen two, the Ponte Vecchio and the Golden Gate.

And my second question is this - can you think of an amazing bridge to add to this list? I know there is a wonderful bridge in St. Augustine called the Bridge of Lions which I thought was very cool. I also thought the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel was really cool as well.

You?

Last edited:
http://www.frommers.com/slideshows/847997-7-iconic-bridges-you-must-see-before-you-die

I read this article on the Frommer's website which listed 7 iconic bridges that a person should see. I've included the link to the article, but if you don't feel like flipping through their slide show the bridges are

--Pont Neuf, Paris
--Ponte Vecchio, Florence
--Chain Bridge, Budapest
--Tower Bridge, London
--Brooklyn Bridge, New York City
--Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
--Sydney Harbour Bridge, Syndey

So my first question is this - how many of these bridges have you seen? I only two, the Ponte Vecchio and the Golden Gate.

And my second question is this - can you think of an amazing bridge to add to this list? I know there is a wonderful bridge in St. Augustine called the Bridge of Lions which I thought was very cool. I also thought the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel was really cool as well.

You?

All but Syndey, maybe one day!

Cool thread!

I have not been to Budapest or to Sydney, so no to those bridges.

We've got some pretty cool bridges in the PNW. How about the Astoria bridge over the Columbia River?

For a famous one I haven't been to, how about the Millau (sp?) Viaduct in France?

Last edited:

I’ve seen the Golden Gate and Tower Bridge but don’t remember because I was younger.

I’ve seen the Harbour Bridge a few times.

I've seen the Tower, Brooklyn and Golden Gate. Strangely I've never actually been to Sydney, even though it's only about a 1.5 hour flight away!

I'm surprised the Bridge of Sighs isn't on the list too. I know it's not as large and grandiose as many of the others, but in terms of must-see bridges it's surely right up there!

I'm kind of surprised they listed Ponte Vecchio, but not the Rialto Bridge in Venice. I've seen both of those, plus the Brooklyn Bridge. We'll see Pont Neuf and the Tower Bridge next summer. I'm not likely to get to Sydney or Budapest in my lifetime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter