7 Bridges (or more?)

Brooklyn, Golden Gate, and Tower.

Not 100% sure about Pont Neuf. I was in Paris for 3 days for my first marriage honeymoon over 30 years ago, but can't specifically recall seeing the bridge. Most likely it was a definite maybe.

Off topic add-on: Did a certain interesting looking thread just vanish before I got a chance to read it? It was there a few minutes ago. Always a hot button topic. Darn it all to heck.

Last edited:
I've seen the Chain, Pnte Neuf, Ponte Vecchio & Brookyn Bridge. I enjoyed the Charles Bridge too.

We passed under the Oresund Bridge while on a cruise. Really cool bridge.

I've only seen the Brooklyn Bridge and the Golden Gate in person~

Tower Bridge and Golden Gate for me.

I dunno, the Lions Gate Bridge here in Vancouver is pretty iconic in our parts, sailed under it twice so far and it's pretty awesome:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lions_Gate_Bridge

We did an Alaskan (Disney) cruise this past summer and I was obsessed with the Lions Gate Bridge when we were in Vancouver, lol. :lovestruc
We rode across it (to Capilano), biked close to it (Stanley Park), and sailed under it (twice)!!
Plus our hotel had a great view of it.
I took a TON of pictures of it in all different settings. When we looked back at our pics after the trip, my family was like... we know....another bridge picture. :flower3:

I think I might add the Millau viaduct to the list. Also the Royal Gorge bridge. The Rialto bridge, Venice. The Khaju Bridge, Iran, b The San francisco Oakland Bay Bridge.

Pont Neuf, Golden Gate, Brooklyn Bridge, Tower Bridge.
While not "beautiful" the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is an amazing feat of engineering.

The Chesapeake Bay bridge is really neat.

I also like the Verrazano bridge in Brooklyn since my grandpa helped with the initial construction.

I also thought the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel was really cool as well.

While not "beautiful" the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is an amazing feat of engineering.

The Chesapeake Bay bridge is really neat.

The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel (CBBT) and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge (Bay Bridge) are two different bridges. I love CBBT. LOL, probably the only bridge with a restaurant and gift shop in the middle. Bay Bridge is much shorter but higher; makes me nervous. Both can be scary to cross in bad weather.

To answer OP, I've seen (and driven over) the Brooklyn Bridge, Golden Gate, and Tower Bridge in London.

http://www.frommers.com/slideshows/847997-7-iconic-bridges-you-must-see-before-you-die

I read this article on the Frommer's website which listed 7 iconic bridges that a person should see. I've included the link to the article, but if you don't feel like flipping through their slide show the bridges are

--Pont Neuf, Paris
--Ponte Vecchio, Florence
--Chain Bridge, Budapest
--Tower Bridge, London
--Brooklyn Bridge, New York City
--Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
--Sydney Harbour Bridge, Syndey

So my first question is this - how many of these bridges have you seen? I only have seen two, the Ponte Vecchio and the Golden Gate.

And my second question is this - can you think of an amazing bridge to add to this list? I know there is a wonderful bridge in St. Augustine called the Bridge of Lions which I thought was very cool. I also thought the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel was really cool as well.

You?

So I have seen:
--Tower Bridge, London
--Brooklyn Bridge, New York City
--Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco
--Sydney Harbour Bridge, Syndey

And I think the Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver belongs on the list

I’ve seen the last three.

While the Golden Gate Bridge gets the attention, the newer Eastern span of the Oakland-San Francisco Bay Bridge is spectacular.

920x920.jpg

No footbridges were mentioned. Santiago Calatrava has some incredible cable stayed bridge designs. I’ve been to the Sundial Bridge in Redding, California.

4ea6c7c4-2d0c-463d-90ca-6751084b7f7a.jpg

My Father was one the workers that repaired the Chain Bridge in Budapest after the Germans destroyed it in WW2!

The lions that guard the bridge were based on the lions in Trafalgar Square, London, and the bridge itself, based on a design of a bridge in England, was originally built in sections and shipped from England. Or so I was taught.

The Chain Bridge is a great sense of pride to Hungarians of my Father's generation, and wherever we would go, whatever bridge we crossed, whoever was in our company, would hear how no other bridge in the world compared to the Chain Bridge in Budapest. Once you have crossed the Chain Bridge, no other bridge is worth mentioning (according to my Uncle!). So in their honour, I will say I have crossed the Chain Bridge, and the rest don't matter. :D

@bcla~ wow! I used to live in the San Francisco Bay Area and had no idea they were building a new Bay Bridge! That's very cool! Thanks so much for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter