7 Dwarves Mine Train (OK for Non Roller Coaster Fans??)

jjjones325

Tar Heel Born and Tar Heel Bred
So, either I have some kind of brain imbalance, or I'm a big chicken. I do not like rides with drops at all. Even when I ride Pirates, I brace myself for the small drop.

My 11 year old DS likes roller coasters (says Everest is his favorite), but he won't ride RnRc because it goes updside down. Thinking I'd make a deal with him in that if he rode RnRc, I'd ride 7DMT. So, what I could expect before making this deal? I've ridden BTMRR a couple of times, and certainly didn't like it. I've never ridden Splash Mountain. 50 foot drop seems too daunting to me.

DW will ride any thing, so my DS will have somebody to ride RnRc. For sure I'm not getting on that.

Last edited:
Ha my mom is the same way.
She braces herself on everything even Pirates.
She once skinned her knees on Thunder Mountain somehow from bracing herself and will never go on it again.
She almost broke my dad's thumb on Test Track.
We "forced" her to go on 7DMT in April because the way the seats/restraints are I knew she couldn't hurt herself by bracing. She legit yelled "weeeee" the entire time. I told her that she sounded like she was having fun and she said she was not lol. She was fine though and she's 70 so I wouldn't make her do something I don't think she could handle at her age.
You should definitely go on it!

It's definitely not the same bottom-dropping sensation that you get on BTMRR or the Pirates drop. It's a slower down-hill drop, so you don't really feel it in your gut (that's the feeling I LOVE!). I think you'd be fine on Seven Dwarfs.

My DH absolutely hates roller coasters - he will NOT ride BTMRR, but he's ridden 7DMT multiple times and loves it. The hills are super small, and it's such a smooth ride. Go for it!

It's the smoothed rollercoaster in the park with no loops. You'll be fine. You'll probably love tbh. Just get there during EMH or use a fast pass. Wait times r the only thing that sucks

You won't like it. It's very much a mild coaster, as coasters go. But it's still a roller coaster. DW doesn't like coasters either. I convinced her to try it. She didn't throw up or anything, but clearly said she would not be riding it again. If you hate the drop on Pirates, I'd suggest skipping 7DMT.

Oh, by the way, go Flyers!!!!

It is definitely more tame than BTMR, you should be fine! There is a slight drop in it but it curves so you don't feel it as much as the ones on BTMR

I love coasters, so it doesn't make a difference to me. One of my friends who rode it hates coasters and she did fine. I think you'll be okay! And you only live once!

Looks like I might have to give it a go. Of course, that's if DS agrees to ride RnRc with DW...my DW, not his DW. He's only 11 people!

I'm not a fan of drops myself, and make no mistake, there are a couple of drops on 7DMT, but they are small. Like "Pirates" small, but still...didn't want you to be unprepared. That being said, I really enjoy 7DMT!

My mom hates roller coasters (but can and will go on spinning rides all day), but rode 7DMT and declared it "adorable."

You may not like it (although I'd bet you will), but I'm certain you won't get sick or hurt (as long as you don't spill a hot Starbucks in your own lap). I say if it's gets your son to try RnRC (which he'll LOVE--I remember being afraid of going upside down too!), then try it! Plus you get to sing Heigh Ho like a maniac :rockband:

I am a big chicken and do not go on any roller coasters. I would say it is most like the Barnstormer but a little faster and longer.... It was too fast for me and I didn't like going around the corners so sharp - haha I know everyone will make fun but I really will not ride it again. I should add - I never felt like I was going to be sick or was terrified... I just didn't enjoy it and felt like "what a waste of my time" when I got off.

So I'm with you. The drops on frozen and pirates get me lol. I was going to do 7DMT but chickened out at the last minute. We had just ridden BTMRR and I hated it so that is prob why. But my hubby said I would have been fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter