9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I believe this means that Carioca's will be a sit-down meal instead of a buffet on embarkment day. Hopefully, this will work well for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since we are Platinum and should have early boarding that we can beat the masses to the buffet.

Fingers crossed! I do love the cariocas buffet mind as it's about the only one I manage onboard. Hopefully u will manage to get in early! This I think is the cruise that makes me platinum so next time hopefully that will be good

I believe this means that Carioca's will be a sit-down meal instead of a buffet on embarkment day. Hopefully, this will work well for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that since we are Platinum and should have early boarding that we can beat the masses to the buffet.

Ewww, never thought about that being another plus for being platinum!

:thumbsup2 [Just hope someday I can afford to sail again to use my platinum amenities]

Same here. After this cruise I become platinum I think and not sure I will be able to justify the prices of the 2018 cruise (waiting til onboard to decide as not sure I like cold routes)

All checked in and excursions booked at midnight. I was surprised that two of our four excursions were already not available. (The Rum & Rascals in St. Johns and the Highlights of Ribera Grande in the Azores) We had been debating between two for St Johns, so it was easy enough to just book our second choice, but I didn't have one for Ponta Delgada.

I called earlier this week to book transfers from the port to JFK ($90 for two if anyone needs that info). It shows up on my cruise reservation page, but when I went through the online check in, it didn't give me the option to select Disney Transfers. I ended up selecting Private Transfers, and then typing in Disney Transfers in the box. We've never used DCL transfers before. Does anyone who has experience with this find this unusual? I'll probably just end up calling to confirm, but I'd like to avoid calling if it's just a dumb question!

All checked in and excursions booked at midnight. I was surprised that two of our four excursions were already not available. (The Rum & Rascals in St. Johns and the Highlights of Ribera Grande in the Azores) We had been debating between two for St Johns, so it was easy enough to just book our second choice, but I didn't have one for Ponta Delgada.

I called earlier this week to book transfers from the port to JFK ($90 for two if anyone needs that info). It shows up on my cruise reservation page, but when I went through the online check in, it didn't give me the option to select Disney Transfers. I ended up selecting Private Transfers, and then typing in Disney Transfers in the box. We've never used DCL transfers before. Does anyone who has experience with this find this unusual? I'll probably just end up calling to confirm, but I'd like to avoid calling if it's just a dumb question!

Glad to hear you're all checked in and booked!

Grrrrrrr!!!! Whine! Since I started planning this cruise last year, there were two excursions I've wanted to do: the Jerez horse show and the Ribera Grande highlights. Finding out that even the Rum and Rascals is already sold out is just adding insult to injury. As a first time cruiser, I wonder if *anything* will be left by the time my booking window opens :worried:

<sigh> Well, I'm just glad that we're do-it-ourselves sorts of travelers. At this rate it looks like we're going to have to go it on our own if all the things that interest us are booked. I refuse to overpay for things that I'm not interested in just because it has Disney written on it.

Wow, I didn't realize how grumpy I could get. o_O Maybe time for another cup of coffee and a time out...

Aanna, I booked the Fogo Lake, Ribeira Grande and Pineapple Plantation excursion in Ponta Delgada. I didn't read it too closely last night in comparison to the Ribeira Grande Highlights excursion, but I went back and looked at it today. They look very similar. The big thing missing from the one I booked is not going to the farm for a wine/cheese tasting and viewing the horses. My excursion was $26 as opposed to $65. I can have wine and cheese when I get back to the ship and deal with not seeing the horses, especially for $39 less.

Nothing wrong with grumpy once in a while... he's a Disney character too! Better now than when you're on the ship. :)

Aanna, I booked the Fogo Lake, Ribeira Grande and Pineapple Plantation excursion in Ponta Delgada. I didn't read it too closely last night in comparison to the Ribeira Grande Highlights excursion, but I went back and looked at it today. They look very similar. The big thing missing from the one I booked is not going to the farm for a wine/cheese tasting and viewing the horses. My excursion was $26 as opposed to $65. I can have wine and cheese when I get back to the ship and deal with not seeing the horses, especially for $39 less.

Nothing wrong with grumpy once in a while... he's a Disney character too! Better now than when you're on the ship. :)

lol True.

My children and I do dressage riding, so the horses really were The Thing for us. To have that combined with a charming-sounding town visit made my day. Also, absolutely none of the 6 people in my family is interested in the pineapple plantation -- the kids got to visit the Dole Plantation on Oahu, and now, if it doesn't serve Dole Whip, they can't see the point. :P

It's all very "poor me!" LOL

The kids and my husband would like to do the whale watching/catamaran, and my dad really wants to eat food cooked in a volcano, so I'll probably keep my parents company on that excursion... *if* it is still available. Ponta Delgada is the one port I'm not entirely comfortable booking my own, outside excursions. That port day feels a bit too short and the location a bit too isolated to want to chance things. I mean, if you miss the ship in Cadiz you can catch a train to Lisbon and just feel stupid and have a funny story to tell. If you get left behind in the middle of the Atlantic, it's a bit more of an issue! LOL

If my booking window is not open yet, is there any way to see which excursions are sold out already? As I re-figure my plans, it would be helpful to know so that I don't get my hopes up again.

Does anyone who has experience with this find this unusual? I'll probably just end up calling to confirm, but I'd like to avoid calling if it's just a dumb question!

Unfortunately I'm not sure! I've only done DCL transfers once and that was after I completed online check in and I don't think I ever adjusted it.

Grrrrrrr!!!! Whine! Since I started planning this cruise last year, there were two excursions I've wanted to do: the Jerez horse show and the Ribera Grande highlights. Finding out that even the Rum and Rascals is already sold out is just adding insult to injury. As a first time cruiser, I wonder if *anything* will be left by the time my booking window opens :worried:

I'm with you on this (but did manage to get Rum & Rascals so was happy about that). I don't understand how things are already sold out. I've done multiple TA's and never had this issue before at least not that I've noticed. It must be so frustrating for people!

Ponta Delgada is the one port I'm not entirely comfortable booking my own, outside excursions. That port day feels a bit too short and the location a bit too isolated to want to chance things. I mean, if you miss the ship in Cadiz you can catch a train to Lisbon and just feel stupid and have a funny story to tell. If you get left behind in the middle of the Atlantic, it's a bit more of an issue! LOL

I was the same I went for the Sete and Pineapple Plantation one as there wasn't much I liked on the DCL tours but because we aren't in port long I felt DCL was the way to go.

If my booking window is not open yet, is there any way to see which excursions are sold out already? As I re-figure my plans, it would be helpful to know so that I don't get my hopes up again.

There isn't directly but I shall have a look for you now and if you remind me nearer the date I can look again. I shall edit post once I've checked but note it wont show the tour tours I'm booked on as not available even if they have sold out as I'm booked on them - Rum & Rascals in St John's (which others have assured me is sold out) and Sete Cidades Lake Vista, Botanical Gardens & Pineapple Plantation in Ponta Delaga.

As of 5th June sold out excursions are:

Cadiz
Nothing showing

Lisbon
Romantic Sintra Tour (LI13)

Ponta Delaga
Canyoning in the Azores (PD09)
Highlights of Ribeira Grande (PD05)

St John's
Nothing showing
Rum & Rascals (SS04) is however sold out

I'm with you on this (but did manage to get Rum & Rascals so was happy about that). I don't understand how things are already sold out. I've done multiple TA's and never had this issue before at least not that I've noticed. It must be so frustrating for people!

I was the same I went for the Sete and Pineapple Plantation one as there wasn't much I liked on the DCL tours but because we aren't in port long I felt DCL was the way to go.

There isn't directly but I shall have a look for you now and if you remind me nearer the date I can look again. I shall edit post once I've checked but note it wont show the tour tours I'm booked on as not available even if they have sold out as I'm booked on them - Rum & Rascals in St John's (which others have assured me is sold out) and Sete Cidades Lake Vista, Botanical Gardens & Pineapple Plantation in Ponta Delaga.

As of 5th June sold out excursions are:

Cadiz
Nothing showing

Lisbon
Romantic Sintra Tour (LI13)

Ponta Delaga
Canyoning in the Azores (PD09)
Highlights of Ribeira Grande (PD05)

St John's
Nothing showing
Rum & Rascals (SS04) is however sold out

Thank you so much! I guess a lot of people agree with us on which excursions they want. This is so helpful though: I don't feel as much like everything is going to be sold out by the time it's our turn.

You're the best :lovestruc

Thank you so much! I guess a lot of people agree with us on which excursions they want. This is so helpful though: I don't feel as much like everything is going to be sold out by the time it's our turn.

You're the best :lovestruc

No problem at all.

I've never been on a TA that tours have sold out so I think this must be due to the capacity on the tours being really small. In St John's especially I think this is really poor as there aren't that many tours and because its off season there aren't that many independent tour companies too.

No problem at all.

I've never been on a TA that tours have sold out so I think this must be due to the capacity on the tours being really small. In St John's especially I think this is really poor as there aren't that many tours and because its off season there aren't that many independent tour companies too.

I do find that odd, too, that they are already sold out and wonder (hope) that maybe it is a system glitch and space may open up on the tours in the near future :confused3

I wonder if it's like the Palo bookings and they hold some back so people can book onboard. Take heart, there might be movement too, before the actual excursion date. When you book an excursion it's actually a reservation for the event. People can cancel without penalty up until a certain date prior to the excursion. I'm not sure when but I think I remember up until the day before the event. DCL may also be monitoring activity and open up additional groups on the popular excursions so I don't think it would hurt to check periodically to see if they did that or someone has cancelled.

You might want to contact DCL about it and see if there is a waitlist. If they know enough people are interested in a certain excursion, they might add a bus/shuttle!

My only theory about additional coaches is that it might be limited by how big the brewery is but then I thought they could just rejig the order of the tour so that the groups don't all end up in the brewery together. The tour itself time wise is at 1:15-4:45 so I guess they could look at maybe a earlier tour too as an option. Fingers crossed!

I hoping this helps someone as of tonight 06-06-2017

Day 3 - Mon, Sep 18
Cádiz, Spain

Please note that children under age 18 may not leave the ship unless accompanied by an adult in the same stateroom. To allow your child to debark the ship with an adult in a different stateroom or unchaperoned for a teen-only Port Adventure, you must complete the

A Taste of Cadiz and Jerez (CD01)
$46.00(ages 10 and up)
$36.00(ages 3 to 9)
$0.00(ages 0 to 2)
4 to 4.5 Hours

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter