_Chat: How old were your parents when they became grandparents?

57 and 59. Shocking when I think of it now. Dh is 55 and our youngest are just 9. Hard to believe he’s nearly grandpa age. He seems so young.

44 -they were teenagers when I was born so their parents were even younger when they became grandparents.

57 and 59. Shocking when I think of it now. Dh is 55 and our youngest are just 9. Hard to believe he’s nearly grandpa age. He seems so young.

I didn’t have my oldest until 28 and my two youngest at 37. I’ve had people assume I’m their grandma a few times. It happens less now that they’re teens.

My parents had my oldest brother when they were 18 and 20, my brother had his first child when he was 18, so my parents were 36 and 38 when they became grandparents. Then they became great-grand parents at 58 and 60.

My parents were grandparents before I was born and my DDad was my mother’s second husband - much younger than her and step-father to my siblings. He was 34 and she was 47 when my brother’s first child arrived.

FTR I am also a step-parent and my DH was 50 (I was 38) when both of his daughters had their first babies in the same year. Those babies are just turning 15 now and 5 more have come along since. Where does the time go? :confused3

My Mom was 36 when she became a grandmother ( she had my oldest sister at 20 and my sister had her first at 16).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter