• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"A 13th Visit AND We Get To Miss School?! It Doesn't Get Better Than This!"

I'm here! I'll be missing school to go to Disney in November too. ;) But not the same time as you, haha! Thanksgiving to the Saturday after (December 3rd.) Your plans sound really fun! :goodvibes

Thanks for joining :goodvibes! Aha, that's cool! We've gone in December and we loved it! It's really expensive, though :rolleyes:. Have you ever done Mickey's Magical Christmas Party?

Around Christmas? I could only imagine how expensive it is! :scared1: Haha no, this is actually our first time going during a time other than summer. (Thanks to a 40% off PIN code. :) ) We have MVMCP booked for December 2nd, our last night. I'm excited! :wizard:

Around Christmas? I could only imagine how expensive it is! :scared1: Haha no, this is actually our first time going during a time other than summer. (Thanks to a 40% off PIN code. :) ) We have MVMCP booked for December 2nd, our last night. I'm excited! :wizard:

You'll love it, trust me :thumbsup2. It "snows" on Main Street for the MVMCP! USUALLY, we go during the summer because DMom doesn't like for us to miss school. But, she recently decided it was too hot for her in Florida during that season. Honestly? I think we'll be vacationing down there any time from October-March from now on..

WHEN are we going to Disney? Oh, I'll tell you right now.

We'll be leaving for Disney on Friday {11/O4/2O11} right after DBrother and I get out of school. Then, we have a 16+ car ride ahed of us {depending on traffic..}. DDad and DMom are still deciding on wether or not to drive straight through the night. I'm hoping that we do, we'll get to Disney earlier ;)!

Our vacation will start on Saturday {11/O5/2O11} :woohoo: and will end on Monday {11/14/2O11} :sad2:.

**To see what parks we will be at, what we're doing while in Disney, and more, go look at the WHAT area of the PTR :thumbsup2.

You'll have to tell us all about that time of the year when you get back. Is it crowded that time of year? I know it won't be so hot, which is a plus! :thumbsup2

Since the WHY'S and HOW'S are both pretty short, why not combine them?! Anyway, let's start with the WHY'S first.

Q: Why do you love Disney so much?
A: There are so many reasons, I don't know where to begin! I love that it's family-oriented, they're ALWAYS upgrading/adding more things, that kids of all ages can get on a decent amount of rides {unlike Six Flags}, and ALOT more. The list could go on forever :lovestruc.

Q: Why've you been going to Disney for 13 years?
A: Because our family loves it there :goodvibes.

Next up, the HOW'S:

HOW did this vacation come to be? It all started with an itch to go back :rolleyes:.

One day, DDad came up to me and asked where I'd like to stay in Disney and I told him. Then, I became suspicious. I asked him why he was asking me this and he said it was because he wanted to go back. So, we put our brains together and decided to go back down during Jersey Week. Then, we decided that the two places we wanted to stay the most were the Boardwalk Villas and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Within 1O minutes we knew when we'd stay for our next trip and where. Next was dining. Thanks to the countless Disney apps on my phone, we selected places to eat. Then..BAM we basically had our whole trip planned out already! But then, DDad thought about staying in Disney for a week. Being the huge Disney-freak he is, he decided that 7 days wasn't long enough :laughing:. So, I suggested that we'd stay down there for 1O days. We ran it passed DMom and she said that was too long. So then, DDad and I decided to be smart-butts and we decided that we'd stay for 9 days.

So that's WHY we keep going back to Disney and HOW this vacation came to be. I wrote it really fast {I'm supposed to be doing schoolwork}. Sorry that it sounds like a 9 year-old wrote this ;)

You'll have to tell us all about that time of the year when you get back. Is it crowded that time of year? I know it won't be so hot, which is a plus! :thumbsup2

We've been down in Disney before during the same week. It's not crowded at all {everyone just went back to school ;)}. The only bad thing is that there are kids throwing up everywhere :sick:. If you're like me and CANNOT STAND kids throwing up constantly, I wouldn't advise you to go during November :thumbsup2.

We've been down in Disney before during the same week. It's not crowded at all {everyone just went back to school ;)}. The only bad thing is that there are kids throwing up everywhere :sick:. If you're like me and CANNOT STAND kids throwing up constantly, I wouldn't advise you to go during November :thumbsup2.

:scared1: Is it because it's the beginning of flu season? I wish my parent's were more easy to convince to go back! They like to wait 3 years between trips so we can visit other places. Are you homeschooled or on the year-round school schedule?

:scared1: Is it because it's the beginning of flu season? I wish my parent's were more easy to convince to go back! They like to wait 3 years between trips so we can visit other places. Are you homeschooled or on the year-round school schedule?

I think so, aha. Besides Disney, we only go down the shore, and my DDad's obsessed. Therefore, there's not much convincing needed here :thumbsup2. And neither :laughing:. Our school gives us summer math programs to do online. Since I'm NOT a math person at all, I pull up the math website, open a new page, and make my way over to DISboards :rotfl:.

I think so, aha. Besides Disney, we only go down the shore, and my DDad's obsessed. Therefore, there's not much convincing needed here :thumbsup2. And neither :laughing:. Our school gives us summer math programs to do online. Since I'm NOT a math person at all, I pull up the math website, open a new page, and make my way over to DISboards :rotfl:.

Sorry, guess I just assumed...We have math packets too! I stink at math...not looking forward to the hard parts!

We've been doing the same things in Disney for years now. If anyone has suggestions on things to do, please post them :goodvibes!

We're doing a few new things on our upcoming trip!
- Walt Disney - Marceline to Magic Kingdom tour (Also our first tour.) We might do Behind the Seeds too.
- Wishes Dessert Party.
- Eating at places we never ate before or for different meals. For example..
Crystal Palace Dinner instead of Lunch
Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast instead of Lunch
And here are some new places we've never been before.. :goodvibes
Le Chef's De France
Spirit of Aloha Luau
Le Cellier
Biergarten
The Plaza Restaurant

We're also on the dining plan for the first time, which explains why we're going to all those restaurants!

Just explore the WDW site and see what interests you. :wizard:

I know we spent more time in Innoventions this year than we have before...not really something new, just different for us...

I know we spent more time in Innoventions this year than we have before...not really something new, just different for us...

Same here! Did you guys do the piggy bank one? That was the highlight of Innoventions for us. :goodvibes I also liked the one where you were in your own video game. And I always like making my own paper. :thumbsup2 Oh oh and the Kim Possible missions! Ahhh I can't wait to get back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter