A Disney-addicted mom: Disney cruise, Family trip, Running trips! *Update 2/18*

Life update:

Things are super busy right now. I took some time off work when my mom died so now I'm being punished with crazy patient loads. Not fun. Then I come home and get to write thank you notes from the funeral. I'm not sure why I'm stuck with ALL the thank you notes, given that I'm one of 5 kids. But there you go.
In happier news today was Jessica's 7th birthday! It's hard to believe my Princess is already 7. And Nathaniel turns 9 in 2 weeks which means we enter his last year of being a Disney child. Scary! :scared1: Zachary is starting his kindergarten evaluation next week. Since he gets special services (OT and PT), he needs to be evaluated by the providers at the elementary school. Then we meet to discuss his IIEP or 504 depending on what needs they assess (or both? We're still new to this process...). It's exciting and scary all at the same time. I can't believe my BABY is starting kindergarten in September!!! :eek:
Our Princess Trip is coming up quickly. Which is great because I think we could all use a break from reality. The weather here has gone from freezing cold to rainy. While the warmer temperatures are appreciated, the rain and clouds and yuck get old after a while. Let's hope it's sunny in Florida! :thumbsup2
I want to start a PTR for our August trip so I can do it right. I want to catch up a bit on my cruise TR and then really focus on a PTR. Especially since ADRs aren't that far away....
In other news Tom was able to buy some military discount tickets for February. He's not eligible for the super awesome ones (military salute) but we still saved at least $100. With another trip on the horizon in August, we'll probably upgrade them all to APs. Which may mean more trips in the future.... Just sayin'! :lmao:

Amanda

Thanks for the update. Happy birthday to Jessica and Nathaniel!

Hope all goes well with the evaluation.

:woohoo: on your trip coming up soon! Hope the conditions are great and you are feeling well.

Have a fantastic trip!!!

Thanks Amanda!!!

Please update with all the news!!!

Thanks for the update. Happy birthday to Jessica and Nathaniel!

Hope all goes well with the evaluation.

:woohoo: on your trip coming up soon! Hope the conditions are great and you are feeling well.

Have a fantastic trip!!!

Thanks Dee! My new laptop makes it easier to keep up with the Disboards so I'm hoping I do a better job of updating...

Amanda

Great to hear all the latest with you Amanda :) Jessica is 1yrand 1 day older than than by baby (how old that makes me feel)! My eldest just got engaged :scared1: Now that really makes me fell scarily old!! Love your thinking on the annual passes= more trips;) Definitely have to get value for money in my book:rotfl:

Hope you all coping ok with the loss of your mum:hug:

Great to hear all the latest with you Amanda :) Jessica is 1yrand 1 day older than than by baby (how old that makes me feel)! My eldest just got engaged :scared1: Now that really makes me fell scarily old!! Love your thinking on the annual passes= more trips;) Definitely have to get value for money in my book:rotfl:

Hope you all coping ok with the loss of your mum:hug:

Engaged?!?! Hard to imagine that! Congrats!!! :worship:
We're coping as well as can be expected. But thank you!

Amanda

We went out to dinner tonight for Jessica's birthday. The cast of characters was my group of 5, Popsie, and Super Nanny (aka Karin). The same crew that's going to Disney in August!!!! We had a good time so I have a great feeling about our trip.
Popsie and Tom are talking about playing golf so I think I'll arrange that for them. Karin and I can certainly handle 3 kids by ourselves for a morning.

Amanda

I am enjoying your trip report but sorry to hear about your mum. My daughter is 9 too, so sad when they leave behind their Disney childhood! Nice to hear that you are getting so many nice trips in this year. Looking forward to reading more. :)

I am enjoying your trip report but sorry to hear about your mum. My daughter is 9 too, so sad when they leave behind their Disney childhood! Nice to hear that you are getting so many nice trips in this year. Looking forward to reading more. :)

Thank you and WELCOME!!!!

Amanda

Amanda, we made an offer on a condo and they accepted it!!!! OMG I can't believe this is happening!

We ate at Il Mulino Fri. night and it was delish. We then walked on the BW a bit and had a drink at Jellyrolls.
Sat. night we celebrated the new job at Narcoossees and watched wishes while eating our dessert. (Dh got a special one- I told them we were celebrating! :) After dinner we went to DTD so we could get treats for the boys at Goofys C.Co.
It was a great weekend!! I definately got my Disney fix.

Amanda, we made an offer on a condo and they accepted it!!!! OMG I can't believe this is happening!

We ate at Il Mulino Fri. night and it was delish. We then walked on the BW a bit and had a drink at Jellyrolls.
Sat. night we celebrated the new job at Narcoossees and watched wishes while eating our dessert. (Dh got a special one- I told them we were celebrating! :) After dinner we went to DTD so we could get treats for the boys at Goofys C.Co.

It all sounds so exciting. Congratulations to your hubby on the new job and to you all on the new condo(and getting that disney fix more often than ever:rotfl:)

luvpoohandcompany said:
It all sounds so exciting. Congratulations to your hubby on the new job and to you all on the new condo(and getting that disney fix more often than ever:rotfl:)

Thanks it is very exciting.

I am now driving down next week with DH and booking flights for April. Woohoo!!!!

I am SO incredibly thrilled for you!!!! CONGRATS on everything! How fabulous!!!

Too cool, right?

Thanks it is very exciting.

I am now driving down next week with DH and booking flights for April. Woohoo!!!!

How great is that!!!

Amanda

Yesterday I finally booked our Auto Train tickets! I decided to spend a little extra and get 2 family sleeper rooms because it'll make it easier for the whole family to hang out together during non-sleeping hours. It certainly wasn't cheap for the 7 of us but I'm very, very excited!!! :thumbsup2
Tom's going to buy the last child's 5 day park hopper when he's up at West Point tomorrow (military discounts rock!). I'm hoping to upgrade them to APs in TWO WEEKS when we head down to the World (ok, 15 days not 2 weeks). My AP will expire in August so I'll renew it then. I think it'll be nice to have the APs on different renewal schedules so it's not so much $$$ all at once.
We also came *this close* to buying into DVC. There was a great BCV resale contract that was perfect for us. 75 points. June Use Year. Sadly it sold within an hour or 2 of being listed but I have permission to look at small resale contracts. APs and DVC???

Amanda

DrMomof3 said:
I am SO incredibly thrilled for you!!!! CONGRATS on everything! How fabulous!!!

Too cool, right?

How great is that!!!

Amanda

Thanks Amanda it is very exciting!!

DrMomof3 said:
Yesterday I finally booked our Auto Train tickets! I decided to spend a little extra and get 2 family sleeper rooms because it'll make it easier for the whole family to hang out together during non-sleeping hours. It certainly wasn't cheap for the 7 of us but I'm very, very excited!!! :thumbsup2
Tom's going to buy the last child's 5 day park hopper when he's up at West Point tomorrow (military discounts rock!). I'm hoping to upgrade them to APs in TWO WEEKS when we head down to the World (ok, 15 days not 2 weeks). My AP will expire in August so I'll renew it then. I think it'll be nice to have the APs on different renewal schedules so it's not so much $$$ all at once.
We also came *this close* to buying into DVC. There was a great BCV resale contract that was perfect for us. 75 points. June Use Year. Sadly it sold within an hour or 2 of being listed but I have permission to look at small resale contracts. APs and DVC???

Amanda

That is great news too!!!

To bad about the DVC at BCV that will be awesome!! maybe another one will come up soon. :)

DrMomof3 said:
Think of all the great trips ahead of you.... :thumbsup2

I'm not in a hurry. We'll wait for the right contract. I want either June or August Use Year. BCV. And a smaller contract that I can afford to pay in cash.

Amanda

Maybe I'll have as many trips as you now lol :)

Sounds like a good plan.

Maybe I'll have as many trips as you now lol :)

Sounds like a good plan.

I've been really spoiled! :flower3:
My poor children haven't been to Disney since August! :rotfl2: Almost SIX full months without a Disney trip. :rolleyes1 Of course I went by myself twice in that time frame.... :woohoo:

Amanda

I've been really spoiled! :flower3:
My poor children haven't been to Disney since August! :rotfl2: Almost SIX full months without a Disney trip. :rolleyes1 Of course I went by myself twice in that time frame.... :woohoo:

Amanda

Way to go Amanda:woohoo:
Poor deprived kids :lmao::rotfl:

I always look longingly at DVC but because we travel so far to get to disney we tend to stay for 2 wks which would scare the bejeepers outta anyone if you work out how much that'd cost in points (and therefore cash) :eek:

Way to go Amanda:woohoo:
Poor deprived kids :lmao::rotfl:

I always look longingly at DVC but because we travel so far to get to disney we tend to stay for 2 wks which would scare the bejeepers outta anyone if you work out how much that'd cost in points (and therefore cash) :eek:

If we bought enough DVC points for every time we went to Disney, it would cost a small fortune. That's why I'm thinking a small contract to start...

Amanda

I finished my last long run before the Princess Half. 12 miles on the treadmill this morning. I felt pretty good and I feel ready. I'm starting in Corral B which is exciting for me.
The Race Expo for the Princess is at Coronado Springs. They aren't allowing anyone to drive to Coronado so I'm going to have to figure it out. They want the off-site guests to park at DTD and take a shuttle but that isn't really going to work for me. I'm annoyed about it.
I also need to arrange a cab to the start of the Princess Half. Tom and the kids will come meet me somewhere after the race (I think Tom wants to meet at MK so I'll just take the monorail over. I guess I need to bring a change of clothes and some extra deodorant in my race bag!).
After getting lots of snow, I'm definitely looking forward to traveling to Florida in 12 days!

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter