• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Disney-addicted mom: Disney cruise, Family trip, Running trips! *Update 2/18*

The secret with DVC is to buy what you are comfortable with and where you want to stay. To us it is the best investment we have ever bought. It actually forces us to vacation and we try to take my parents with us at least once a year because otherwise they might not go away either.

This is actually the first year since we bought that we are going on less than 3 trips but I guess we do have a good reason.

The secret with DVC is to buy what you are comfortable with and where you want to stay. To us it is the best investment we have ever bought. It actually forces us to vacation and we try to take my parents with us at least once a year because otherwise they might not go away either.

This is actually the first year since we bought that we are going on less than 3 trips but I guess we do have a good reason.

Having a baby is a good excuse! :thumbsup2
We went into a lot of debt for me to finish my medical training. Until we had some capital, I wasn't willing to consider DVC. Now things are much better so it's at least an option.

Amanda

If we bought enough DVC points for every time we went to Disney, it would cost a small fortune. That's why I'm thinking a small contract to start...

Amanda
From what I hear around here most people start out small and then tend to get a severe condition called "addonitis":rotfl2::rotfl2: I think you have a great plan and if I lived a wee bit closer to the world I'd definitely look into buying:thumbsup2
I finished my last long run before the Princess Half. 12 miles on the treadmill this morning. I felt pretty good and I feel ready. I'm starting in Corral B which is exciting for me.
The Race Expo for the Princess is at Coronado Springs. They aren't allowing anyone to drive to Coronado so I'm going to have to figure it out. They want the off-site guests to park at DTD and take a shuttle but that isn't really going to work for me. I'm annoyed about it.
I also need to arrange a cab to the start of the Princess Half. Tom and the kids will come meet me somewhere after the race (I think Tom wants to meet at MK so I'll just take the monorail over. I guess I need to bring a change of clothes and some extra deodorant in my race bag!).
After getting lots of snow, I'm definitely looking forward to traveling to Florida in 12 days!

Amanda

Hope you get things figured out for race day :)
Good luck-I'll be cheering for you :cheer2:

From what I hear around here most people start out small and then tend to get a severe condition called "addonitis":rotfl2::rotfl2: I think you have a great plan and if I lived a wee bit closer to the world I'd definitely look into buying:thumbsup2

Hope you get things figured out for race day :)
Good luck-I'll be cheering for you :cheer2:

Yes. Lots of addonitis! :rotfl2:
THanks for the cheering!

Amanda

Updates for the Princess:
I made a car service reservation for Race Day with FL Tours. I've used them before with good success so hopefully it'll work out. They are picking me up at the hotel at 3am. That should give me plenty of time to get to the start of the race.
Weather is looking WARM for our trip. Great for park touring, bad for running. I'm running pretty well right now so I'm hoping for a decent finish time.
Totally excited for some Florida sunshine after the cold weather we've had. It was 16F this morning when I woke up!

I really should start a PTR for my August trip but until I get to it....

I sent our ADR requests to my travel agent. Almost at 180 days. So far we've asked for: Be Our Guest, Bluezoo, Akhershus, Garden Grill, and then we need to pick a DTD restaurant. Sunday night I think we'll eat at Benihana at the Hilton at DTD. Any suggestions for a DTD restaurant? My kids love T Rex but I think it's noisy and the food is mediocre. We want a table service restaurant for dinner. Give me your ideas!
My DH is totally laughing that I'm obsessing about our NEXT Disney trip when we're about to go on one. :rotfl:

Amanda

We love eating at Portobello and Raglan Road in DTD. Kids meals are pretty good in both too. Truthfully though my kids prefer Planet Hollywood for the thrill of eating in "the big blue ball" which is always a bit bedlam at the start clambering for a seat at the bar area before the table is ready and we have learnt to order appetisers first and then main course after if we want to take our time eating. Before we did this they would often bring our entrees seconds after bringing our appetisers and although we sent them back I always felt they had sat under a hot lamp drying out until we asked for them. I'm making it sound a bit grim but actually we have always had a fun time there it just took us a while to figure out how to get things our way :lmao:

Portobello is definitely the one I prefer of them all and very child friendly too:thumbsup2

I haven't eaten at any DTD places except T-Rex.

We did eat at Portebello a long time ago on our honeymoon- sure its changed.

DH ate at Fultons last time he was there. He said it was good.

I did hear good things about Raglan Road. It's on my list for next time . Sorry I wasn't much help.

Off topic: in FL now. Was able to go to condo yesterday to take pics and measure.

Bought a house full of furniture!! UGH that was very stressful, but it's done!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I don't have a lot of experience with DTD resturaunts but we enjoyed paridso37 last trip.

I did hear good things about Raglan Road. It's on my list for next time . Sorry I wasn't much help.

Off topic: in FL now. Was able to go to condo yesterday to take pics and measure.

Bought a house full of furniture!! UGH that was very stressful, but it's done!! :)

So excited for you :goodvibes

We love eating at Portobello and Raglan Road in DTD. Kids meals are pretty good in both too. Truthfully though my kids prefer Planet Hollywood for the thrill of eating in "the big blue ball" which is always a bit bedlam at the start clambering for a seat at the bar area before the table is ready and we have learnt to order appetisers first and then main course after if we want to take our time eating. Before we did this they would often bring our entrees seconds after bringing our appetisers and although we sent them back I always felt they had sat under a hot lamp drying out until we asked for them. I'm making it sound a bit grim but actually we have always had a fun time there it just took us a while to figure out how to get things our way :lmao:

Portobello is definitely the one I prefer of them all and very child friendly too:thumbsup2

That's helpful.
I doubt we'd ever choose Planet Hollywood anyway. I don't love T Rex but I'd eat there if it's important to the kids...

CONGRATS on buying a house!!! Awesome news!!!
I have heard good things about Raglan Road. Hmmm.

I don't have a lot of experience with DTD resturaunts but we enjoyed paridso37 last trip.

I've heard good things. My travel agent likes it there.

Amanda

Opinions:
I'm sort of feeling like it's time to give up this ongoing PTR after the Princess and start a real PTR for our August trip. Or should I just continue to babble here?
I'd like to have the new PTR with chapters, etc.
What do my few and faithful friends think? :rotfl:

Amanda

Opinions:
I'm sort of feeling like it's time to give up this ongoing PTR after the Princess and start a real PTR for our August trip. Or should I just continue to babble here?
I'd like to have the new PTR with chapters, etc.
What do my few and faithful friends think? :rotfl:

Amanda

My vote is a NEW report! Make it fresh, grab new readers!

As for the DTD restaurants...we LOVED House of Blues...of course it could be because Rachel opened the show with a thirty minute set! :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Seriously though, we had a LOT of people eating (at least 16 different meals if I counted correctly) and EVERYBODY loved it! I would eat there again, even if Rachel wasn't playing.

My vote is a NEW report! Make it fresh, grab new readers!

As for the DTD restaurants...we LOVED House of Blues...of course it could be because Rachel opened the show with a thirty minute set! :lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

Seriously though, we had a LOT of people eating (at least 16 different meals if I counted correctly) and EVERYBODY loved it! I would eat there again, even if Rachel wasn't playing.

I remember that! Good idea. I'll look at the menu and see what my husband thinks.

Amanda

New PTR! Just make sure you link it here!

I have heard good things about Raglan road as well, they are on my list for our next trip!

Good luck this weekend!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Did you tell us what you were wearing for the PHM?? I'm having dreams about the PHM, which I think is funny since I'm not even planning to run it until next year!

makes no diffference to me but make sure to link if you choose a new PTR because I will follow.

If I don't get back here good luck with the Princess Half.

All the best for your Princess Half race.:thumbsup2

We've eaten counter service at Raglan Rd, their fish and chips makes up for when we're not in Epcot.

I have no preference to whether you start a new thread with a link or continue, as long as you continue your interesting TR stories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter