A Disney-addicted mom goes on a "Dream" cruise *update 7/6*

After lunch we decided to take the kids swimming. The pools were pretty crowded since it was a sea day. They were showing movies on the big screen so you could sit in the pool and watch the film! In retrospect more pool time would have made for a better cruise...

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Look how crowded!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I think Tom was taking Zachary on the AquaDuck and in the Splash Zone.

Amanda

Those were some fun plans for the day at sea. The drawing lecture sounds great- love your description of the audience!

The towel folding class also sounds really interesting.

Yes, the pool looks super crowded! You certainly couldn't do much "swimming" in there. Great pictures of the kids, though.

Love the pool pix but it was really crowded!!!

The artist lecture sounded cool especially for Nathaniel. Only straight guy LOL.
Why don't they have a full size Remy in the parks???

I love the photo of the kids hugging. :goodvibes So cute!

Thank you! They had been fighting all school year so it was nice to see them get along!

Those were some fun plans for the day at sea. The drawing lecture sounds great- love your description of the audience!

The towel folding class also sounds really interesting.

Yes, the pool looks super crowded! You certainly couldn't do much "swimming" in there. Great pictures of the kids, though.

Tom was very entertained by the artist lecture - and the audience! :lmao:
Nathaniel and Tom both loved the towel folding class!
No swimming at all but the kids had a blast!

Love the pool pix but it was really crowded!!!

The artist lecture sounded cool especially for Nathaniel. Only straight guy LOL.
Why don't they have a full size Remy in the parks???

Remy was pretty awesome!
Tom found the crowd for the lecture to be quite amusing! :rotfl:

Amanda

I am embarrassingly far behind, but I just LOVE all of the pics and the update. I just stopped by to say:

After a fun afternoon in the pools (why didn't we do more of that???), it was time to get ready for everyone's favorite - Pirate Night!!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Pirate Night is really Disney at its best. The fireworks were impressive with a story to go along. I think the night was a success all the way around...

Amanda

Pirate night looks and sounds like a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to it!

You have some adorable pirates there! So glad your family had a great night!

Do you have to be anywhere special to watch the fireworks, or can you see them pretty well from any deck?

Pirate night looks and sounds like a lot of fun. I am really looking forward to it!

It really is a fun night. And some people got really, really into it!

Pirate night looks like a lot fun! What did they serve for dinner?

I honestly don't remember. :confused3 I know I'm a bad DISer... :rotfl2:

Too cute!!! pirate:

Thank you!

Looks like a fun time was had by all:thumbsup2
Love all the tie-dye t-shirts:)

We had a lot of fun making our shirts!

You have some adorable pirates there! So glad your family had a great night!

Do you have to be anywhere special to watch the fireworks, or can you see them pretty well from any deck?

Everyone goes to the pool deck. They cover the pools and set up a stage. I suppose that you could see them from a deck that had an open view of the sky on the correct side of the ship (can't remember which side that was - I know. Useless.) but you'd miss the narrative and the stage show component.

Amanda

Really enjoying your TR, we are discussing a cruise for 2014 and can't decide between Disney or another line.

Really enjoying your TR, we are discussing a cruise for 2014 and can't decide between Disney or another line.

I know it's unpopular to say but we didn't love the cruise as much as I thought we would. A big issue for us was that the boys refused to go to the children's clubs. Other than the pool and whatever Port adventures, ship activities were more limited in terms of things the whole family would do together. I've heard that ships like Royal Caribbean are better in that regard...

Looks like a great time!!

Lovin' those shirts!

Thank you!

Amanda

Thursday was our 2nd Castaway Cay day and the weather was MUCH better! I woke up bright and early to run the Castaway Cay 5K. They had us meet in one of the bars to get our bibs and sign the waivers. It's a pretty casual, untimed race. We disembarked, walked over to the starting line, and ran. Or in my case run/walked. It was super hot and humid and I was really glad I had a water bottle with me! They whole thing was casual and fun and I got a rubber medal at the end. And I don't have any pictures of it! :confused3
I returned to the ship, showered, and got ready for another day in Paradise. The weather was gorgeous and it was a great day for the beach. We went to the further family beach where there was a water slide. Problem? It was quite a long swim to get to the water slide so Tom took Zachary once and that was that. Again lunch was good and super convenient. It turns out that Tom is not much of a beach person. He was frying in the sun and overheating so he took the 2 younger kids back to the ship and Nathaniel and I hung out a while longer. We had a great time at the beach but I think we would have loved to rent a cabana next time. This was a ship full of DISers so the cabanas sold out early but maybe on a regular cruise we could get one. They certainly aren't cheap but Tom could have gotten out of the sun and I think it would have made it more fun.
We spent some time packing as our bags needed to be outside our door that night. It was almost the end of the cruise!
This was night that Tom and I had a Palo reservation (adult-only restaurant). We went with the kids to dinner and had told them that they HAD to go to the kids' clubs after dinner. Nathaniel was NOT happy.
ry%3D400

Tom and I made it Palo a little early. We had a lovely dinner and it was worth the small up charge! The food was delicious and our server was lovely. We noticed that Pete Werner (owner of the DIS) was eating there that night and we stopped by to say thank you. He was very gracious and we enjoyed our interaction. We stopped to buy gifts for the children before retrieving them from the clubs. The boys were not happy with us but they survived...
We all went to bed and were up early the next morning. We had an early breakfast and then disembarked. :sad1: A porter helped us find all of our bags (which wasn't easy - one had been put in the wrong area) and got us to the rental car shuttle. The line for the rental shuttle was ungodly but we were early enough in line that we got on the first bus.

Amanda

Hey Amanda! I'm here and I've subscribed. :flower3: I will try to get caught up soon.

By the way, whatever happened with the house you guys were trying to buy? I think you were renting it and the owner was selling it?

Hope you are well!

Hey Amanda! I'm here and I've subscribed. :flower3: I will try to get caught up soon.

By the way, whatever happened with the house you guys were trying to buy? I think you were renting it and the owner was selling it?

Hope you are well!

We bought our house almost 2 years ago. The one we were renting. It somehow all worked out!

My PTR is much more active than this trip report:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3077195

Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter