A DREAM come true cruise - Concierge and a Proposal! COMPLETED 2/13

Did you happen to watch the bubbles for a bit? Characters appear in some!
Aw no! We just walked through and took some pictures. We never made it back there the rest of the cruise. That would have been really cute to watch. Is this bar on the Fantasy?

The Cruise has officially started!

And we're off. We decided to do the sail away from our balcony instead of going to the sail away party. One of the benefits to having your own balcony. Once we were out in open water we decided to pop into the lounge. There is a happy hour from 5pm-10pm every night so you can get a drink and light snack before dinner.

upload_2018-1-10_7-18-52.png

I took a few pictures of the food bar and all it's offerings.

upload_2018-1-10_7-19-33.png

It was pretty similar to the food that was out when we first boarded.

upload_2018-1-10_7-20-34.png

I did enjoy some cheese and crackers and a salad.

upload_2018-1-10_7-21-13.png

Overall not really a fan of these. I didn't want to fill up on food before dinner anyway.

Then it was time to get a drink. They'll make you whatever you want and if they don't have something they'll go get the ingredient to make it for you. This first night I wasn't sure what to drink. My favorite type is something that is sweet and tastes good, but has a lot of alcohol.

So first up was a I have no idea what. I think maybe a cosmopolitan.

upload_2018-1-10_7-23-11.png

I did not like this at all. It was really strong and just didn't taste like a normal cosmo I was used to.

upload_2018-1-10_7-25-48.png

The boyfriend got a Jack and Coke, his usual go to drink. He enjoyed this.

upload_2018-1-10_7-26-50.png

Drink number two for me. I went with a vodka cranberry with a lime. I drink this all the time and normally I like it.

This was not good. I guess if I was back in my crazy college partying days it would be great because it was almost all vodka and a splash of cranberry. But I didn't want to get hammered before dinner and I could barely get a sip down it was way too strong. :crazy2:

I was starting to get a collection of beverages on the table since I couldn't drink these and Danny (concierge host) walked by and asked if my drinks were okay. I explained my dilemma and he asked what I normally like. He said he would get me the perfect drink and off he went.

upload_2018-1-10_7-29-48.png

The winner. A Malibu Rum Seabreeze. I'd never had one before and this tasted great. It was strong, but still tasted good. The only time I've ever heard of one was in the movie Redeye. (Good movie with Cillian Murphy and Rachel McAdams) This was the drink I had every time we went to the lounge from then on.

We had the early dinner which starts at 5:45pm. Our rotation for the cruise was RAAE. Royal Palace, Animators Palate two nights in a row and then Enchanted Garden. Before the cruise I had requested we be in Animators Palate the night we went to Remy. It was the only restaurant that I'd been to already and didn't mind missing. Since we were in it twice we never missed a rotational restaurant on the cruise, which was nice.

We got there a couple minutes early and a huge line was forming. The Royal Palace is located on deck 3, with it's main doors facing out into the lobby. Once inside they asked us our room number and led us to our table, 49. Concierge I've heard always get to dine by themselves, but I had mentioned it as well before the cruise. For dinner we prefer to have a table to ourselves. When you're with a bunch of others it can drag out the dinner a lot longer and potentially have awkward dinner mates. I have on other cruise lines and some have been horrible and some really great where I'm still friends with them today.

upload_2018-1-10_7-37-42.png

The cute folded napkin.

upload_2018-1-10_7-38-12.png

A picture of our table number. You can also see in the corner I brought my drink from the lounge. I like that we are able to leave with the drinks. In the background you can see the bread basket. I thought it was so cute, shaped like Cinderella's carriage.

Continued in next post.

I thought this restaurant was beautiful. On the walls were pictures of the Disney princesses.

upload_2018-1-10_7-40-23.png

The view from our table.

upload_2018-1-10_7-40-58.png

I took a couple pictures of the menu.

upload_2018-1-10_7-41-29.png

Sorry for the lighting, it makes it difficult to read.

upload_2018-1-10_7-42-1.png

I thought the menu itself looked pretty.

By this point I was starving. I barely ate anything for lunch and when I drink alcohol it makes me extra hungry. I couldn't decide what I wanted, so I ended up ordering a couple appetizers and main courses. Our waiters were fantastic. The main server was Nigel and his assistant was a really long name I couldn't pronounce and don't really remember.

Nigel would recommend items he thought we'd enjoy or were popular choices. One of my main courses he said he didn't think I would like, but he'd bring it anyway.

Disclaimer: I am not a big fan of cruise food. I find it's hard to make a thousand dishes at once taste good. I really enjoyed all the appetizers I had, but the main courses I could have lived without. On future cruises I might just order appetizers.

upload_2018-1-10_7-45-23.png

Up first was escargot. Before cruising I never had escargot and never would have thought I'd eat snails. Cruises are a great place to try something you're unsure of. If you don't like it you're not losing money and they'll bring you something else. It's a risk free gamble. So a couple cruises ago I tried it and absolutely loved it. Funnily enough, it was on a different cruise line and was served almost the exact same way as this.

These are soaked in a garlic butter and each circle has escargot in it. I ate this really quick, because even though I think it tastes delicious, if my brain registers that I'm eating snail I think it wouldn't go over well.

upload_2018-1-10_7-48-27.png

My second appetizer and was the chilled lobster and shrimp. My boyfriend got this as well. I love this. I had had this on the Magic too and it tasted just as good now.

upload_2018-1-10_7-52-20.png

My boyfriend's second appetizer was the fried brie. He's not a huge fan of this cheese, but there is a backstory to why he had to order this. Has anyone seen the movie 10 Things I Hate About You? If not, you won't really get this reference. My boyfriend loves quoting movies, he does it all day long and sometimes it drives me nuts. One of his favorite things to quote from this movie is from a scene where these nerdy smart guys are having a quiet, small get together. In the movie flyers are thrown all over the high school about a crazy party being hosted at this house. So it's all calm and the doorbell rings. One of the guys goes "that must be Nigel with the brie."

So we see that there is Brie on the menu and our waiters name is Nigel. How perfect! We had to order it, so he could say "that must be Nigel with the brie" as our waiter approached.

upload_2018-1-10_7-56-36.png

Ta-da!

upload_2018-1-10_8-1-7.png

My boyfriend also got the French Onion Soup. He loves this type of soup, I'm not a fan. He said it was really good, so you'll have to take his word for it.

Continued in next post.

Onto the main courses.

I ordered the Chateaubriand-Roasted Filet Steak. This tasted pretty good.

upload_2018-1-10_8-2-58.png

The potatoes were eh.

I also got the pasta that came with lobster in a lobster bisque sauce. (ignore all the cheese, I LOVE cheese and do this to all my pasta dishes)

upload_2018-1-10_8-3-42.png

I really thought I'd like this. I love lobster, I love lobster bisque and I love pasta. Naturally, those should all make for an awesome meal. Well, Nigel had tried to talk me out of this. When he stopped by to see how I liked everything, he asked me on a scale of 1-10 how I liked this dish. I gave it a low score and Nigel seemed pretty pleased with himself and told me that no one likes it and it's the most sent back dish on the ship. So I ate the lobster and this dish went back to the kitchen.

It was weird how much I didn't like it. The pasta tasted weird, the sauce didn't taste like lobster bisque at all and the lobster wasn't even that good. How they could take everything I like and put it together so spectacularly wrong is just beyond me.

The dessert was good. I had the vanilla bean creme brulee.

upload_2018-1-10_8-6-18.png

I love the fire roasted sugar on top.

upload_2018-1-10_8-6-51.png

My boyfriend got the souffle. He said it tasted good, but we've had better in Palo.

That concludes dinner. It was a great first meal, even with the main courses being a little bit of a bust.

When you have first seating for dinner you go to the later show. If you have second seating you go to the earlier show. I like that they do it this way, so you never have to worry about missing one of the shows.

upload_2018-1-10_8-8-34.png

We got good seats in the Walt Disney theater. Tonight's show was the Golden Mickey's. It's set up like the Oscars and is a really cute show. All the shows on the Dream are different from the Magic so everything was new to me. I really enjoyed this show and I'm glad I got to see it. Normally they also have the show Believe on the Dream, but due to the popularity of Beauty and the Beast they removed it to show Beauty and the Beast twice. I heard on the three-night the took away the Golden Mickey's and had Believe instead. I'm guessing to benefit those doing the B2B sailings.

Normally we'd go to the adult area to enjoy the entertainment, but I was feeling exhausted and just wanted to get some sleep.

upload_2018-1-10_8-11-44.png

Came back to this cute towel animal. We closed the doors around the bedroom this night, but every night after our room hostess did it for us. She said some like them open and some like them closed, and now she knew which ones we were.

So this concludes Day One on the cruise. It was a pretty awesome day. Up next is Nassau, which we treated like a sea day not getting off the ship.

The winner. A Malibu Rum Seabreeze. I'd never had one before and this tasted great. It was strong, but still tasted good. The only time I've ever heard of one was in the movie Redeye. (Good movie with Cillian Murphy and Rachel McAdams) This was the drink I had every time we went to the lounge from then on.

I haven't had a Malibu seabreeze in forever. You should try a malibu baybreeze. It has pineapple juice instead of grapefruit juice.

It was weird how much I didn't like it. The pasta tasted weird, the sauce didn't taste like lobster bisque at all and the lobster wasn't even that good. How they could take everything I like and put it together so spectacularly wrong is just beyond me.

Hmmm that sounds like something that can't be messed up but obviously is. That's something I would definitely order so I'll make a mental note not to.

The dessert was good. I had the vanilla bean creme brulee.

Oooooh this is a must have for me. I love creme brulee.

I love how you can order multiple items from the menu. I like to try everything so this is perfect for me.

Your day one seemed to go pretty good. Can't wait to read what's next.

Danny saved the day...of course! After multiple cruises, he is our favorite concierge host of all time :)

I love love love the fried brie and French onion soup...don't even need a main after those (with dessert of course).

So we see that there is Brie on the menu and our waiters name is Nigel. How perfect! We had to order it, so he could say "that must be Nigel with the brie" as our waiter approached.

Oh my gosh I love y'all :rotfl:

And yes, I too have a movie quote for everything so I'd probably drive you nuts. I don't know if a day goes by that R and I aren't quoting Harry Potter to each other...

Looks like a great start even with some misses!

Aw no! We just walked through and took some pictures. We never made it back there the rest of the cruise. That would have been really cute to watch. Is this bar on the Fantasy?

Unfortunately no. I guess you'll just have to cruise on the Dream again!

We had to order it, so he could say "that must be Nigel with the brie" as our waiter approached.

Haha haha! I can even hear the voice!

I haven't had a Malibu seabreeze in forever. You should try a malibu baybreeze. It has pineapple juice instead of grapefruit juice.
That sounds really good. I'll add that to the list.

Hmmm that sounds like something that can't be messed up but obviously is. That's something I would definitely order so I'll make a mental note not to.
If you see it on the menu definitely don't order it.

Oooooh this is a must have for me. I love creme brulee.

I love how you can order multiple items from the menu. I like to try everything so this is perfect for me.

Your day one seemed to go pretty good. Can't wait to read what's next.
The creme brulee was great, just thinking about it makes me want another one. They have no problem with you ordering as much as you like. And if you get something and really like it they'll bring you another one. Sometimes there are just too many good items on the menu to not have one of each.

Day one was pretty great :)

Danny saved the day...of course! After multiple cruises, he is our favorite concierge host of all time :)

I love love love the fried brie and French onion soup...don't even need a main after those (with dessert of course).
He was our favorite of the three on this cruise too. He was the one who helped my fiance the most with planning. I hope to see him on future cruises.

The appetizers are really good on Disney. I definitely like them way more than the main course. I had some of that fried brie it was delicious.

Oh my gosh I love y'all :rotfl:

And yes, I too have a movie quote for everything so I'd probably drive you nuts. I don't know if a day goes by that R and I aren't quoting Harry Potter to each other...

Looks like a great start even with some misses!
You'd find some competition in my fiance. He has a photographic memory so he'll quote the most obscure movie quotes at me and I'm like I have no idea what you're talking about even though I've seen the movie. I actually got him into Harry Potter, before me he'd never seen any of the movies. It was a good first day :)

Unfortunately no. I guess you'll just have to cruise on the Dream again!
I am totally okay with this ::yes::

Haha haha! I can even hear the voice!
OMG I wish I could heart this post. I have no idea how to post videos on here, it's absolutely perfect that you posted this clip! We were cracking up laughing at the table when we did this.

Day 2 December 12

I woke up feeling a little sicker on Day two. I couldn't really sleep well from all the constant coughing and I think the lack of sleep was making me feel worse. A word of advice to anyone who has been sick and is starting to feel better just before the cruise. TAKE YOUR MEDICINE ON BOARD. I left all my medicine in the car and only had cough drops with me, which I was popping like candy at this point. My head was really congested too and I was blowing my nose constantly, so I know my room hostess knew I was sick since she had to restock the tissues everyday.

BUT I was still on vacation and was going to make the best of it. I was too sick at this point, so of course I overdid everything.

We got into the port of Nassau in the late morning, so I actually watched us sail into port. This never happens since I normally sleep in late and wake up when the boat has already docked. The night before at the show our cruise director (I'm sorry I forgot his name, he was really funny, but we only saw him at the shows) told everyone that the Wonder would be docked next to us.

I don't know how to load videos on here from my computer, so if someone wants to walk me through it I can load a video I took of a horn battle between the Dream and the Wonder. It's the first time I got to hear the awesome Disney horn, which plays Disney songs instead of the normal blast of a cruise horn. When I was on the Magic they never used it for some reason.

Well. All I have to say is being next to another Disney ship is awesome. The horn battle went on for a good five minutes. They would play a clip of a song and the Wonder would respond. We got to hear every version they have. They did this again when the Wonder left too.

upload_2018-1-12_8-43-58.png

My awesome boyfriend went and got me breakfast so I could relax in the room. First he went over to the lounge, but they didn't really have anything I wanted. So he went to Cabanas and brought me back a whole plate of deliciousness. So we enjoyed breakfast on the balcony while we docked.

There were a lot of people still on the Wonder and there were people waving and cheering with the horn battle. It was fun and we spent a while just relaxing and people watching. Today was or "at port sea day" as we were not getting off the ship. I had pre-booked a martini tasting and had plans to just enjoy the ship.

First thing we did was go and book a placeholder cruise. If you're planning on sailing on a Disney ship again within the next two years I recommend doing this. They give you 10% off the sailing and onboard credit. We might not end up using it since we are sailing concierge for our honeymoon in January, which you can't use the 10% off on and our European honeymoon cruise we might go with a different cruise line. But it's only $250 to book a placeholder and if you don't use it it's fully refunded so no risk. The place can get really busy so I recommend going earlier in your cruise to avoid long waits.

I forgot to bring my underwater camera on the cruise so no pictures from our next activity. Here's an image off Google of what we saw.

upload_2018-1-12_8-50-37.png

The Aquaduck! One of the benefits of the bigger ships is the Aquaduck, which I did not get to experience on the Magic. I'm also pretty sure it's the reason I got super sick the second half of the cruise. The pools are somewhat heated, but the water inside the Aquaduck is not. It's ice cold and when you're going down it the water splashes up against you and is freezing. But it was super fun and I can't wait to go again. I was a little nervous before, because I can get claustrophobic, but I had my boyfriend on the same raft as me and that made it easier.

There was almost no line since most people were in port and it was still early. After we went to the adult only pool. This was heated, but the air was chilly and I probably shouldn't have been in the water. We stayed in the pool a couple hours and went in the hot tub for a little.

After we went back and showered and decided to have lunch in one of the MDRs. I think only one has lunch during the day and it was the Royal Palace. When you go for lunch you don't have your normal table or waitstaff. We were seated near a window that faced out towards the Wonder. We watched this one guy run on the jog track the entire time we were eating.

upload_2018-1-12_8-56-58.png

I got lentil soup, hoping it would help my throat. It did a little, but I really didn't like it. I make really good lentil soup and it's nothing like this.

upload_2018-1-12_9-21-41.png

I also got fried calamari, which was really good. Perfect amount of fried crunchiness and the lemon dipping sauce was really good with it.

Not much on the menu appealed to me so I decided to go the healthy route and got a salad with grilled chicken on it.

upload_2018-1-12_9-23-4.png

It was okay, but I didn't finish it.

upload_2018-1-12_9-23-33.png

My boyfriend got the same thing, except with salmon instead of chicken. He enjoyed it and finished it all, so my tastebuds might have been a little off.

We turned down desserts. The waiter seemed a little sad we didn't want any.

Our martini tasting was at 4pm and it was around noonish at this point so we had some time to relax. So we decided to hang out on deck 4 on the jogging track. They have comfy lounger chairs here and we got a different perspective than our balcony on the other side of the ship.

upload_2018-1-12_9-26-16.png

It was very relaxing watching the little boats sail by.

upload_2018-1-12_9-26-59.png

upload_2018-1-12_9-27-21.png

Off in the distance we could see the Atlantis hotel. I've visited the hotel a couple times on previous cruises. It's a pretty hotel, but it's really expensive to do anything there so we had decided against visiting.

upload_2018-1-12_9-31-36.png

Not sure if you can tell from this picture, but the water was really, really blue.

Continued in next post.

We walked a couple laps around deck 4. It was fun looking out at the Wonder. I've never been on that ship and it was interesting to see the differences between the two ships. The Wonder is one of the Classic ships and is a lot smaller than the Dream. When we were in our room we looked down on the ship since they don't go up that high.

upload_2018-1-12_9-36-17.png

upload_2018-1-12_9-36-39.png

I think the Wonder also has a lot more enclosed spaces since it sails in Alaska.

upload_2018-1-12_9-33-10.png

upload_2018-1-12_9-37-18.png

Kind of blurry picture of the back of the Wonder. I love how each ship has a different character and this one is super cute. Donald is my boyfriend's favorite.

One amazing aspect of having the lounge across the hall was how quickly I could get hot tea.

upload_2018-1-12_9-38-36.png

Delivered by my awesome boyfriend. The tea was really hot and definitely helped my throat. They also had little jars of real honey, which is very good for you if you're sick. I had an afternoon tea every day and felt very British :-)

So drinking alcohol is probably not the best way to get better when you're sick (although I've hear whiskey can help) So off we went to the Martini tasting.

The one annoying thing I felt about the ship was there was no clear path to get to the other side of the ship from our room on deck 12. The specialty restaurants and the Meridian bar are all located on deck 12 in the aft and our room was located on deck 12 forward. You would think you could just walk across the ship, but you can't. We were walking there and found ourselves at a dead end and had to go down a couple decks to an elevator and then back up to deck 12. Every other time we went we went down to deck 10 and then walked through the indoor hallway by the staterooms.

upload_2018-1-12_9-44-25.png

The man hosting the Martini tasting was from Hungary and I think his name was Nik. We had him for our Mixology class too, where he did not remember us.

I love martinis, they are my drink of choice when I go out. But I've come to learn after this class that I only like the newer ones, not the classics.

Nik made the drinks in front of us, explaining the history behind them as he went.

upload_2018-1-12_9-46-21.png

Up first was a dirty martini. :crazy2: I was not a fan. At all. Never again. It tasted like sea water to me it was sooooo salty. He crushed up olives and mixed it with the alcohol (sorry I forgot what went into each drink)

upload_2018-1-12_9-48-19.png

Next we had the James Bond martini, dry shaken not stirred. As you can see our first drinks were still full and once again I wasn't a fan. It wasn't as bad as the first and if I wasn't sick I probably would have just chugged it. It looked like water to me and I bet that's why they used this type of drink the James Bond movies.

upload_2018-1-12_9-49-51.png

A close up of the drink. There was a lemon peel in the drink too.

The last two drinks I loved. He wanted to show us the classics before switching to the new modern martinis. They used to be a very specific way to make martinis with specific ingredients. The modern martinis don't follow this and you can now make a martini out of almost anything.

upload_2018-1-12_9-51-48.png

This was a french martini. I know there was raspberry liquor and maybe champagne. I don't remember, but I loved this and drank the whole thing.

Continued next post.

Reactions: DLo
For our final martini we had a drink that's apparently served on the Wonder because it's called the Cadillac Martini and they have the Cadillac Lounge. Nik figured since we were docked next to the Wonder it would be a way to honor the ship.

upload_2018-1-12_9-53-57.png

I don't remember exactly what was in it, except it tasted like a minty cookies and cream drink. Soooo good I wish I had more than one. So clearly I have a type I like and it's not the classics.

FUN FACT
One fun fact we learned in this class was why the martini glass is shaped the way it is. During prohibition in the US when alcohol was illegal people still drank. But they needed a glass they could easily spill to get rid of the alcohol if the cops showed up. The Martini glass is shaped in a way you could quickly toss your drink and then couldn't get arrested for drinking.

This would explain why I spill my martinis so often :smooth:

One thing that I didn't like about this location was the fact people were coming in and out of a side balcony where you could smoke. It was pretty disruptive as they walked through the room in and out. I feel like they should close that balcony when a private class is in session? :confused3

Since the Wonder got there before us they left before us. We went back to our balcony to watch them sail away. Not gonna lie, I was a little disappointed no one was running to get back on the ship for either boat before sailaway. I always find it fun to watch people sprint back when they are getting back late. I've never been on a cruise that left anyone, but once on a Royal Caribbean ship in Cozumel my friend and I were in the dining room next to a window and this couple was running full speed to get back to the ship. The guy left his girlfriend and sprinted ahead and people were cheering them on. In Cozumel the dock is really long and you can see the people from really far off. Since you have to check in before getting to the long dock I'm sure the cruise was aware of them coming, but it was fun to watch.

upload_2018-1-12_10-3-44.png

As the wonder sailed away they did another horn battle. We didn't leave for about an hour after I think.

upload_2018-1-12_10-4-33.png

There was a really pretty sunset that my camera could not capture properly.

upload_2018-1-12_10-5-9.png

I did find it interesting these are left behind. I would have thought the cruise put them out when they docked, apparently they stay with the port.

upload_2018-1-12_10-5-56.png

This little truck thing picked it up and drove all over the pier with it. Not sure where he was going because he was heading towards the ocean part of the pier, not towards the main land. We sailed away before I could see where he stopped.

upload_2018-1-12_10-7-44.png

We stayed on the balcony as we sailed away. Here's a view of the rooms that have the bigger balcony. I booked one of these for my honeymoon cruise :)

As we were sailing away the ship was turning so we got a view of Atlantis

upload_2018-1-12_10-9-49.png

upload_2018-1-12_10-10-20.png

We went into the lounge for a drink before dinner. This is where I became a little suspicious of getting proposed to. We got our drinks and decided to head back to the room before heading to dinner. So I walk out and I thought my boyfriend was behind me. I get to the room and turn around and he's not there. Odd. So I go back into the lounge and he's over by the front desk talking to Danny. They both look at me a little startled and Danny says "We are talking about the weather." Okay? I don't think my boyfriend's ever talked about the weather before and it just struck me as a little odd. My boyfriend said he was going over plans for Castaway Cay tomorrow since he was running the 5k. Okay, makes more sense. So I go back to the room and wait for him.

continued next post

Tonight's dinner was held in Animator's Palate. I was interested to see how it differed from the Magic since this restaurant is on both.

upload_2018-1-12_10-16-19.png

I love the butter knifes here and really want to buy one.

upload_2018-1-12_10-16-54.png

The table number here is really cute.

So I know most people love this restaurant, but I'm not a huge fan. Of the two types, I think I prefer the one on the Magic.

upload_2018-1-12_10-17-55.png

**SPOILER ALERT**

If you don't want to know what the show is like and want to be surprised scroll past this.

The first difference is these big screens all over the restaurant. They do a show where Crush the turtle from Finding Nemo comes swimming out and talking to people at the tables. It's cute and fun and kids find it cool that they are actually talking to the turtle. He doesn't talk to everyone though. we were next to the screen and the turtle picked a dad at a different table to talk to. My boyfriend really wanted to talk and at first he thought Crush was talking to him, but he wasn't. The other guy wasn't fun with it he kind of waved him off.

upload_2018-1-12_10-33-54.png

While waiting for Crush to show up they had the little fish from the Finding Nemo movie floating around. There were also the fish from the movie that could group together to create shapes. They would do it slowly to let people guess what shape they were creating. I didn't get a picture of Crush.

**End Spoiler**

upload_2018-1-12_10-32-11.png

I didn't take a picture of the inside of the menu.

upload_2018-1-12_10-33-12.png

The pillars are shaped like paint brushes.

upload_2018-1-12_10-35-57.png

My first appetizer was the truffle pasta. This is my favorite dish on the cruise in the MDR. I ended up getting a second plate because it's so good. I think next time I'll ask for a bigger portion and just have that for my main course.

upload_2018-1-12_10-37-9.png

My boyfriend got tuna tar tar. I'm not a big fan of fish and even less of a fan of raw fish. He really enjoyed this though.

upload_2018-1-12_10-37-57.png

We both got the loaded baked potato soup. This was really good. It was creamy and hot and tasted delicious. When I'm sick I'm a big fan of soup, so this was perfect.

continue next post

Okay final post for the day. I wanted to finish up day 2 and I'm going to Disney for a couple days tomorrow so won't be able to update while I'm gone.

For my main course I got the filet mignon with wasabi mashed potatoes. I enjoyed this and it was probably my favorite MDR main meal of the cruise.

upload_2018-1-12_10-40-22.png

upload_2018-1-12_10-40-41.png

My boyfriend got the tuna steak and really liked this.

upload_2018-1-12_10-41-12.png

For dessert I got the cookies and cream ice cream, which is one of my favorite flavors and was really good. I'm not sure if that's what my boyfriend also got as I apparently didn't take a picture. But we got surprised by a third dessert we didn't order. Nigel thought we'd enjoy it so he brought it. I wasn't really a fan, but my boyfriend liked it and ate it all.

upload_2018-1-12_10-42-25.png

I'm not really sure what it was, kind of tasted like key lime pie.

Oh I forgot to mention, every night at dinner Nigel with do a little puzzle or quiz. He had these crayons on the table that he would arrange in a way and say something like if you move just one how do you create this shape or this number. It was fun and clever.

Tonight's show and tomorrow nights show was Beauty and the Beast. I was really excited to see this since it's my favorite Disney movie and it was a brand new show on the cruise. We got in line really early and got excellent seats near the front and in the center. And I had a child sit in front of me, which being short was pretty amazing so I didn't have a huge head blocking my view. Yay!

upload_2018-1-12_10-46-19.png

Here's an image from Google. I respected the rules and did not take any pictures throughout the show. I've seen this on Broadway as well and thought this show was just as fantastic as that one, although this version follows the new movie's plot, whereas the stage version follows the original Disney movie.

At the end everyone stood and clapped. It was so amazing I wanted to go see it again the next night. The main reason we went to this night was because we had Remy tomorrow and I wasn't sure if we'd get out in time.

A trick I have for getting an elevator after a show lets out: Go down one floor to deck 2 and get an elevator from there. The elevators coming down will go there first and almost no one was down there. So you get on and then it goes to deck 3 and 4 where the majority of the people are waiting and only some fit from there. Since we were going all the way to 12 it was okay being in the very back of these crowded elevators.

upload_2018-1-12_10-49-41.png

We had a cute little seal waiting for us when we got back.

Up next a day at Castaway Cay

Enjoying reading your trip report. Sorry you were so sick, I know it's not fun when you are on vacation (or anytime really!). One trick to remember port and starboard. Port has 4 letters and so does left. Port is on the left :)

I don't know how to load videos on here from my computer, so if someone wants to walk me through it I can load a video I took of a horn battle between the Dream and the Wonder.

Easiest way is to upload your video to YouTube and then post the link. The brie video I posted is a YouTube link.

I so want to see Beauty & the Beast! I've gotten hooked on long cruises but I foresee a short one on the Dream in my future.

I don't know how to load videos on here from my computer, so if someone wants to walk me through it I can load a video I took of a horn battle between the Dream and the Wonder. It's the first time I got to hear the awesome Disney horn, which plays Disney songs instead of the normal blast of a cruise horn. When I was on the Magic they never used it for some reason.
That sounds really cool!

So, the way I upload videos is a multi-step process; maybe others have an easier way? I also only do it from a computer, not mobile.

First, I upload the video to Youtube. You'll need to have an account, then just click on the upload icon (line with arrow pointing up) on the upper right of the screen. After you upload the video, go to it and click on the "Share" option under it. A box will pop up and it will include a URL "https ://youtu.be/xxxxxxxxx". Copy that link.

Then on the Disboards, when you are in your post click on the "film strip". It's next to the emoji and image links. Paste the youtube link into that box, and presto, you've got an embedded video!

If you are posting from Mobile, I think you can do a similar option, uploading to youtube, click Share and copy link, then post into the Disboards, but I haven't tried.

Enjoying reading your trip report. Sorry you were so sick, I know it's not fun when you are on vacation (or anytime really!). One trick to remember port and starboard. Port has 4 letters and so does left. Port is on the left :)
That is a great trick thanks! I did have bad timing on getting sick, but I tried to not have it interfere with my vacation. I’m glad you’re enjoying :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter