A Girly-Girl's Guide to Planning for WDW. June 2012 PTR! 6/24-DISNEYBOUND/Last Post

I am almost in the "1 month until Disney" realm! I have been having a lot of fun putting together this PTR. However, I am have much stuff ready to go for this trip, it's actually starting to stress me out! :laughing: What if I forget something?

Today's post I am going talk about how I am going to travel with my make-up and toiletries. I don't use anything fancy, but it is important to keep your cosmetics organized and safe during travel.

"My Tagalongs" bag from Target
DSCF1241.jpg

This isn't really for make-up, but this little sack is the perfect little tote to bring along for anything you want to keep separate. For example, on the way down to Disney, I'll use this to keep my undergarments in. Then after I get there, I like to have a bag for dirty laundry (especially undergarments) to keep them separate on the way back. Just a cute little bag I got from Target!

The Next two cases I got from Giant Eagle, a grocery store chain.

Modella 1-compartment Make-up Case (Front, closed)
DSCF1287.jpg

Modella 1-compartment Make-up Case (Open)
DSCF1288.jpg

First of all, this design is cute, pink and I love it! This is the kind of bag that you can pack full of toiletries. All those travel size items I've been sharing with you will be packed tightly into this. I'll "line" the bottom with the flat items (think butt wipes, make-up remover wipes) and then put my toothbrush, toothpaste, etc. in this case.

Modella Cosmetics Case (closed)
DSCF1289.jpg

How cute is this? It's hard to tell the size by the picture, but it's about 12" by about 7". I love the handles, because once you close this up, you can carry it around or keep it on the sink.

Modella Cosmetics Case (open)
DSCF1291.jpg

Modella Cosmetics Case (open, flat)
DSCF1290.jpg

When you open this up, on the left and right, there are pouches where you can put eyeshadow, liners, powders, mascara, etc.

The container in the middle stands up on its own. It comes with small containers, a pouf, and a TSA approved clear zip-top bag. I probably won't use these (they are not the best quality) but it's a nice bonus. What I plan to put in this center pouch are things like my primer, BB cream, foundation, etc. All of these things will go in separate bags in case they crack and break.

I really think these are great! I also love that they match. Those little details just make a girl like me happy!

It makes me so happy to hear that my PTR has helped you.

There is a video on Sephora's channel (find it here: http://youtu.be/MUq504A0KRU) where a model applies the St. Tropez bronzing foam all over. I found it to be very helpful! Even though the video is kind of weird (the girl is soooo tan already!), I found it very informative.

Perfect! Thanks! Because I have no idea where to begin with the stuff, I'm an amateur self-tanner! :rotfl:

I'm only about a month to go! I am so excited!

This is my last week of the school year (I am a high school teacher). After this week, I will be much more free to work on Disney planning! I actually find myself thinking about how I am going to pack. I want to make sure everything is there and nothing is forgotten.

For this edition, I am going to go over the travel make-up brushes I picked up for this trip. I've been needing a set of travel make-up brushes. These are great!

Ecotools Travel Brush Set with Brush Roll
DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1245.jpg

I picked these up at Giant Eagle (grocery story chain). However, I have also seen these at Target and Ulta Beauty.

This kit contains a powder/face brush, 3 eye brushes, and an eyebrow brush.

Ecotools is a legitimate brand of make-up brush that are within a reasonable price range. Cheap make-up brushes can make your make-up application suffer. Plus, they shed and just don't work very well! These brushes are soft and such a good price!

I also like that you can roll this up, and pack it in your luggage. It protects the brush heads.

If I could only do one thing in the morning to get ready, I would put on MASCARA! It just make you look younger, more awake, and just prettier. It's my desert island item!

When you go to Disney World, you need to wear waterproof mascara. Whether you get splashed at Splash Mountain or get teared up while watching Wishes, you need to ensure that you don't have mascara rolling down your face.

Now the problem with waterproof mascara is that it can be a little shiny, which I don't like. It doesn't give you that blacker than black look. Despite this, it is well worth buying a tube of it for your WDW trip.

Since I never wear waterproof mascara in my everyday life, I bought a fresh tube at my local CVS. I recommend Loreal or Maybelline for your drug store mascara purchases. TIP: Throw away your mascaras 3 months after you buy it!

Voluminous Million Lashes Waterproof
DSCF1246.jpg

I am going to put this on every morning!

Tomorrow is the last day of May! And you know what that means? It will be June. And June is when I go to Disney World! :banana:

I have been getting super pumped! I keep wanting to start packing, but I know it's way too early! I ordered a bunch of new shirts from Old Navy (and 1 from the Disney Store during their Memorial Day Sale!) I also got some shorts and capris from Eddie Bauer. I needed some new summer clothes (aka: Disney clothes!)

Let's talk LIQUID LINER!

Liquid liner is something that a lot of people are intimidated to use. I get it, it's very hard to do without messing up, right? WRONG! Here's the trick:

Put on your liquid liner in small little strokes. Make the line thin at first (you can always thicken later!). Try to make it thickest at the outer corner and taper in to the inner corner of your eye. THEN the important part: Take a black, matte shadow, dip in a flat eyeliner brush, and go over the liquid liner with the black shadow. This will cover up any "wobbles" you made and soften the entire look.

Again, other than mascara, eyeliner, and maybe a little cream shadow, I won't be wearing much eye make-up.

I have two options I picked up for my Disney trip. First is the cheap option:

Loreal Telescopic Precision Liquid Liner (Waterproof)
DSCF1247.jpg

I prefer liquid eyeliners with a stiffer "brush" head. In fact, I prefer the hard spongey type applicators rather than the actual brush applicators (that are too bendy for my tastes).

Here's a more expensive option. I bought this at Sephora:

Tokidoki Perfetto Eyeliner (in the black color called Sabochan) $16
31YPRPOC0EL._AA300_.jpg

What I like about this is that it has a pen-like applicator that is very natural to put on. Also, you can make a very fine point or you can create a thick line. I love this stuff!
This product is also waterproof.

What I WOULD NOT do in Disney World is wear pencil eye liner. It will be gone in just a few minutes of the humidity! You'll literally blink it right off your face! Not a good look! :eek:

You know what can be really bad for the skin on face? SUNSCREEN. In fact, that's why they make different sunscreens for your face than your body. It's all about pore-clogging. Sunscreens for your body can clog the delicate skin of your face.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I wanted to let you know that I will be bringing this baby to WDW with me:

Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System Face Brush ($29.99 at CVS)
DSCF1248.jpg

Now I have a Clarisonic Mia, which is the macdaddy of face brushes. But there is no way that I would bring that to WDW (too precious and expensive!). But now that I have a Clarisonic, I don't need my Olay Face brush so why not use it for travel???

I love the way that face brushes makes you feel clean! Just like an electric toothbrush does for your teeth, a face brush can clean your face more than your hands ever could! Since I don't plan on breaking out with any pimples on this trip :scared1: I will bring this bad boy to keep my face squeaky clean.

I would use this at night with an exfoliating cleanser.

TIP: I always use a make-up removing wipe (Like the Neutrogena one's I talked about earlier) first before using a facebrush. It really doesn't get rid of eyemakeup completely in my experience.

What a fun approach to a PTR. I am loving reading about all of the products you use! I can't wait to read about your BBs/tinted moisturizer. I so don't get the difference between those. :confused3

Let's talk about BB creams (Beauty Balm) first.

These products came from Japan, where they are extremely popular. They were invented to be worn after certain cosmetic procedures (especially very popular skin lightening procedures in Japan) to calm the skin.

BB creams are known to do 5 things (any BB cream worth your dime should do all 5):
-Prime: Gets your skin ready for anything
-Protects: With an SPF
-Perfects: A sheer tint covers imperfections
-Hydrates: A good BB should contain a moisturizer
-Control Oil: Because of the primer element, skin is less prone to become oily

I have tried a lot of BB creams. One of the problems with them is that they are tinted but only come in one color. Sometimes they are too dark for my complexion (I am a red-headed, fair skinned girl). For example, Dior's BB cream is SO dark it's unwearable. Boscia (both are available at Sephora) has one that is sort of dark, but it makes my skin glow in a good way.

But my all time favorite BB cream is Dr. Jart+ Premium BB SPF 45 PA+++ ($39)

Dr. Jart+ Premium BB SPF 45+++
DSCF1285.jpg

You can buy it here: http://www.sephora.com/premium-beauty-balm-spf-45-pa-P285403?skuId=1327915

This does all that it says it does! I love the texture. I love that it has so many functions. If had a choice between this and a tinted moisturizer, I would choose this!

My second favorite BB cream is by Smashbox. Since I have a full size tube of this, this is what I will be bringing to Disney.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35 in Fair
DSCF1270.jpg

This comes in 5 colors. I bought it at Sephora. You can buy it here: http://www.sephora.com/camera-ready-bb-cream-spf-35-P300339

A swatch of Smashbox BB Cream
DSCF1271.jpg

Now what about tinted moisturizer?

They have both an SPF and moisturize. What they are missing (and this is important) is the ability to prime and control oil. IN FACT, I find tinted moisturizer to make me more oily at the end of the day if I don't use a powder.

Tinted moisturizer used as a cover-up (like a foundation) is troublesome. Moisturizers need to sink into the skin (through pores). So if you put this on and then any powder or blush or bronzer or anything, your skin will literally "eat" the makeup. It'll go right into your pores. BB creams solve this problem by using a built in primer to keep things on the surface. This means they aren't as moisturizing. They don't dry out your skin, but you need to put a moisturizer before a BB cream.

I recommend tinted moisturizers by Laura Mercier ($42), Bobbi Brown ($40), or NARS ($42).

What a fun approach to a PTR. I am loving reading about all of the products you use! I can't wait to read about your BBs/tinted moisturizer. I so don't get the difference between those. :confused3
I made that post next just for you! I hope it helps and let me know if you have any questions!

:thumbsup2What a fun PTR. Lots of good girly tips!

Thanks so much! :hug:

OMG! My ear hat from the Disney Store arrived! During the Memorial Day weekend, they had 25% off all Park Merchandise.

I bought these beautiful Minnie ears for my trip in a just a few weeks!

Sequined Minnie Mouse Headband
7505002521653.jpg

And here they are on me!
2012-05-31182510.jpg

I made that post next just for you! I hope it helps and let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you so much! That's exactly the explanation I needed. I had no idea tinted moisturizers "eat" your makeup ... wow! I typically wear powder over tinited moisturizer. When you wear BB cream, do you use anything to set it?

BTW, those ears are FABULOUS!!

Hello my lovely ladies!

So today was one of those tough days to get through. Why? I got a migraine mid-day. Migraines are something I've lived with my whole life. In the spectrum of medical conditions people live with day-to-day, I can't complain too much about my migraines.

But here's the deal.... migraines can RUIN a day at Disney. Trust me, it's happened to me before!

As a result, it's very important to me that I carry around my prescription migraine medications (and other medications) while I'm in the park. I also carry around things like Gas-X and Immodium in case I get any tummy trouble occurs. Furthermore, I always carry some tylenol and ibuprofen, just in case I get any aches and pains.

With my new Baggallini bag, I needed some new pill containers. I headed over to my local Container Store to pick up some new ones.

Large Pill container to hold my entire week's supply (closed)
DSCF1229.jpg

Large Pill container (open view)
DSCF1230.jpg

You can buy this here: http://www.containerstore.com/shop?productId=10029772&N=&Ntt=pill

It's really cool, because it has one large section on one side, and five smaller sections on the other side. Then it all closes together to keep anything from falling out during your travels!

However, this is far too big to take around the park. Here are my smaller containers for day-to-day carrying:

Small Pill Containers to take to the parks
DSCF1228.jpg

The pink one will hold most of the pills. The small circular one is a good size for larger pills.

I know a lot of people just carry pills in ziplocks, etc. But to me, having all my medications ready to go and organized (and no chance of getting crushed!) is very important. Mainly because a bad tummy issue or a migraine can make me bedridden!

Better safe than sorry!

Talk to me: How do you manage your medications for yourself or your family at Disney?

Although those containers are great for when you're out shopping or at the park, be sure to travel (i.e. have in your suitcase) the full-bottle prescription bottle. TSA frowns upon a container of drugs with no labels/containers with prescription names on them. I usually bring my whole bottles (in carry-on of course, this is something you DON'T want to put with the rest of your luggage), and then break down into "travel sizes" for the park and purses. Vera Bradley has some really cute pill carriers, and so does Claire at the Malls. I found a small pill box that has "Happy Pills" on it, that I thought was cute.

Thank you for all your pre-trip beauty tips....here are a few of the things I got from them, that I'm gonna have to try:

1. The Evian Facial Spray
2. The Turbie Twist
3. (from the "Bump" video you linked to) the T.G. Rockaholic Funtimes hairspray.
4. Tokidoki Perfectto eyeliner.

I noticed you reference Sephora quite a bit, and I have to say, I'm a HUGE Sephora Fan!!! (the reviews for the Evian Facial Spray was fantastic BTW). I love all the samples they give out, and points you can earn to get more samples, and codes you can get to get MORE samples!! I keep all my samples in a bag, and drag them out when I run out of something like moisturizer or something, and sometimes it gets me hooked on something new.

For instance, you were talking about primer, I can can't say enough about Urban Decay

If you don't mind, I'd like to add a few of my own tips....because makeup is something I can't live without at Disney, I have to have it on my carry-on. One tip I have, is don't pack all your make up together, separate your liquids (such as foundation/mascara/eyeliner/lipgloss) in it's own see-through bag. That way, you can just throw it into your "box" (with your shoes, cell phone, etc) going though security, and keep the rest in your carry-on luggage that's going through the conveyer.

Also, although the self tanner looks great, I personally love the Mystic HD tanning. They have you stand on dots, spray you, tell you to do a quarter turn onto different dots, spray you, etc. and then they "blow dry" you. I did this before my last cruise, and it was so natural and EVEN. Since they blow dry you, you don't have to worry about smearing it, and since the mist is so fine, you don't have to worry about it "dripping" and looking un-natural. It lasted about 4 days, and you can always supplement it later with self-applied self-tanner if needed. I need to emphasize though....do the Mystic HD tanning. The older Mystic techniques can leave you with drips that are very unattractive. It's all about the blow-drying, and now having to wipe yourself down.

I also wanted to put in my two-cents worth about mascara....There is a certain mascara that actually wraps little "tube-like" cylinders around your eyelashes. They are water proof, sweat proof, and nothing short of a nice warm shower is going to slip theses little tubes off your eyelashes (don't be alarmed, it is the tubes that's coming off, not your lashes!!). They really enhance your lashes and is the only mascara that can even come close to the look of truly longer lashes. I wear Blinc (which you can get from Sephora :goodvibes)

Hope these additional tips have helped!!

Hey Shannon!

First, let me say that this thread is awesome!! I love it!! :cutie:

Second, it seems that we will be at The World at the same time (for, like, two days: my family and I will be arriving on June 30th and leaving July 8th); maybe we'll cross paths? :goodvibes Good luck with your packing!

Rachel princess:

This is such a great idea!
I am loving reading about all the products :goodvibes

I love your great ideas and explanations. I am learning so much!

Thanks for sharing it all with us :thumbsup2

BTW, what happens when you've cleansed you STILL get oily? Bust out one these:

Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets
DSCF1240.jpg

Bring these with you into the parks. When you feel oily, use one of these. They are wonderful and don't leave any powdery residue.

ELF makes oil absorbing sheets now too. They're $1 like everything else from ELF. they work pretty well for only $1. The best ones I have ever purchased came from Sephora. I used them all in a week because I was soo obsessed with them. Anyways I try to stay sane and only go to sephora less than once a month - although I ALWAYS want to go more. By the time I got back I had forgotten the name.:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter