A May 2010 PTR: I Got A Job....Let's Go See Mickey!*Update 4/15!!

1st post was a new thread! :thumbsup2 11/23/08

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2017819

Hi all...

I'm a long time lurker and this is my first post.

I'll be in Disney in the beginning of march and I'm having a hard time deciding on a resort. I am thing of the moderate resorts... Caribbean beach, Coronado Springs, and Port Orleans FQ. I think I'm leaning toward CS for the pool and dedicated bus service(we will also have a rental) but I like the water taxi from POFQ to downtown disney.:confused3
I will be traveling with my wife and 2yr old daughter. Any past experiences would be great.:goodvibes :goodvibes
Thanks in advance. Tim

My 2nd thread start could have gotten me kicked off here!!! LOL (joking of course) 11/26/08

:confused3 Can you have multiple ressies at different restaurants at the same time??? Or when you book a second one does your first one get deleted?

I am surprising my DW and DD2 with a trip to disney for christmas. Trying to figure out if I can have multiple ADR's in the same night in case she would rather eat at one place instead of another.

****EDIT**** I would only need the 2 ADR's untill shortly after christmas because then she can make the choice then I could call back and cancel the other one.

Thanks Tim

I went on a mission to find the oldest post by me and was denied...I was able to find the oldest one currently on record and it's one of my first post's on the PTR forum..it was the start to my Feb 08 trip in August 07

August 24th, 2007

Can a PTR be therapeutic?YUP!!Addictive?**2/14-I'm home...**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Good

I have had some great things happen this year. After years of denying my calling in life, I have decided to pursue a career in ministry. My dad was a pastor, as was my grandfather and 2 of my uncles. If you know any PKs (Preacher's kids), you know I was very rebellious as a child. That trend continued as an adult even though I had success in my career in restaurants. Finally, at the young age of 43, I decided (maybe God decided for me) to grow up and heed the call. I've been back at church for 2 yrs.
I don't think I will be a senior pastor, but will probably work in the area of church administration (training, equipping, discipling). I currently work at our church as an paid intern and may be permanent staff soon. Oh, in case you're wondering, I still have that rebellious streak...which I think drives the church staff a bit bonkers. Hey, once a PK.... Just kidding...I think.

I also took my 13th trip to WDW in June. I was one of 14 travellers. I also had the opportunity, for the 2nd time out of 13, to have my own room. I wasn't sharing a pull out bed w/ a niece or nephew and I wasn't sleeping on the floor. I could snore and drool freely. I wasn't on anyone else's sleep schedule. I could leave the TV on WDW TV channels all day w/o once having to get a glimpse of reality. It was a little slice of heaven.

The Bad

It started late last year. The father of one of the women in our small group Bible Study died suddenly of a heart attack. He was 84, but still in fairly good health.

A few months later, my aunt died. She was in a home and was really in poor health for a long time. It was a relief, but still sad.

A month later my cousin committed suicide.

Then in May, my cousin (63 yrs old) died suddenly while go karting w/ his son.

On the way home from that funeral, I called my roommate and she was crying. Her brother (43 years old) had died in his sleep.

2 weeks ago, I attended a funeral for the brother (41 years old) of another woman in our small group.

Yesterday, my dad emails me and tells me that my mom's sister, another aunt, had, passed away. But wait there's more.....

The Ugly

At the beginning of June, my mom, dad and my SIL's brother and mom and I were attending a seminar at church. My SIL's brother gets a phone call from my brother, Jon saying that my SIL had collapsed at home. A few hours later, we get another call. My SIL had had a massive brain hemmorrage and was in ICU and it didn't look good. My family and SIL's family all drove from So Cal to Northern Cal to be with my brother and my nephew. We waited in the ICU waiting room and went through many ups and downs over a 5 day period. My SIL, Gail, finally went home on June 7th. It's been a devastating loss for the entire family, especially for my nephew Devon. He is the only child and is special needs. He is having a hard time processing Gail's death. He has no filters so he pretty much says whatever is on his mind. He goes from being fine to being extremely mad to being extremely sad. Pray for Devon and my brother Jon.

Even with this loss, I went to WDW. Although it was a great time (more on that later), I had to cut my trip short to come back for the memorial service and throughout the trip my SIL, my DB and my DN were constantly on mind.

I am still grieving the loss of Gail. She was more than a SIL these last 23 years; she was a listener, friend, backrubber, great cooker, great mother and wife and a great role model of a person who loves the Lord and in turn, loves others unconditionally.

The Therapy

After hearing about my aunt's passing yesterday, I took the day off from work and needed an escape. I have another trip planned to WDW in Jan/Feb 08. I use the DIS Boards and a few others to help me get the latest and best information about WDW. So yesterday I am on the DIS (my crack addiction) and I come upon the Pre-trip Forum. Now I had seen the trip report forum and read several great reports over the years--most which either make me laugh or make me cry. I had never seen the pre-trip forum.
I spent a good 8-9 hours (no lie) reading both pre-trip reports and trip reports w/ occasional side trips to the resorts forum.

I don't know what happened, but at the end of the night I felt better. I needed to know that good things still happened. I needed to laugh; I needed to cry tears of joy for a change. Believe it or not reading these reports made me step away and regain a little perspective.

Therapy. Healing.

So as a way of giving back to the DIS Community of "imaginary friends", I thought I'd do a pre-trip report for my trip in Jan/Feb. I'll be listing the Cast of Characters tomorrow or......later today as it is already 12:50am California time. Good night.

I went on a mission to find the oldest post by me and was denied...I was able to find the oldest one currently on record and it's one of my first post's on the PTR forum..it was the start to my Feb 08 trip in August 07

Wow... what a post.

Glad you were able to find it and share it with us. :)

Here's my first post. As you can see I had a lot of questions. :)

:lmao: Did you at least get them all answered?

You just jumped right in, didn't you? :rotfl:You got some great advice in that thread.

My 2nd thread start could have gotten me kicked off here!!! LOL (joking of course) 11/26/08

:rotfl2: What were you thinking?!? ;)

What a great post, Jordan! Thanks for sharing. :hug: Now I definitely am going to have to go back and read all of your PTR's/TR's...when I have a few free days. :rotfl:

Thank you all for jumping in and joining my celebration! :yay:

Isn't it amazing, how quickly time is flying by? I have not been on DIS for a year yet but it sure feels that way.

Hmm...I cannot see my very first post, only displays the ones back through February 19th (the last 500 posts). :confused3

Isn't it amazing, how quickly time is flying by? I have not been on DIS for a year yet but it sure feels that way.

Hmm...I cannot see my very first post, only displays the ones back through February 19th (the last 500 posts). :confused3

That's odd. I checked and couldn't pull it up either. :confused3

You've had 500 posts since Feb 19th. :laughing::banana:

Well, I joined in 2005, but the oldest post I could find was from 2006---I responded to someone who was asking about Mission Space.

I totally agree. No one else in my family would ride it. I wound up riding with 3 other "single riders" whose family wouldn't ride with them either. Once was enough for me. It didn't physically make me sick, it just messed with my head in that feeling that you're moving, but you're really not ?!?

Guess what? Four years later, and I still feel the same way about MS!

Here is your first post... it is a great one!!!!!! :lmao:

thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2300532

post http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=33826157&postcount=34

Mom2micayla, I used to be the same way until I tried Target Brand toilet paper (comparable to the Quilted Northern brand). They also have one comparable to Charmin. Its worth a shot if you are willing to try it.

That's odd. I checked and couldn't pull it up either. :confused3

You've had 500 posts since Feb 19th. :laughing::banana:

Here is what I found for you...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1923114

This will be our first trip to Disney World. We would like to go in January or February of 2009. We would like to arrive on a Friday and leave after 8 nights (Saturday). Which week will have the least crowds:

Jan 2- Jan 10- Right after New Years!
Jan 9- 17
Jan 16-24-Week of MLK Holiday!
Jan 23-31-Week before Superbowl in Tampa (Feb 1st)!
Jan 30-Feb 7- Week of Superbowl!
Feb 6-Feb 14-Week before President's Day and week of Valentine's Day!

Any advice would be helpful. TIA.

Sorry to hijack, Julia, but..............

DANA, WHAT IS DALE DOING WITH A SEMINOLES CAP ON IN THOSE PICTURES IN YOUR 08 TR??????????

What a great post, Jordan! Thanks for sharing. :hug: Now I definitely am going to have to go back and read all of your PTR's/TR's...when I have a few free days. :rotfl:

Thank you all for jumping in and joining my celebration! :yay:

Thanks J. The DIS was so instrumental in helping me recover from the grief of that year....

It'll take a few days for sure....:)

It does fly by. 500 posts since 2/19!!! You are chatty! :lmao: Your post that Tim found was quite funny. ;)

Well, I joined in 2005, but the oldest post I could find was from 2006---I responded to someone who was asking about Mission Space.

I totally agree. No one else in my family would ride it. I wound up riding with 3 other "single riders" whose family wouldn't ride with them either. Once was enough for me. It didn't physically make me sick, it just messed with my head in that feeling that you're moving, but you're really not ?!?

Guess what? Four years later, and I still feel the same way about MS!

That's exactly what it does to me! I don't see the appeal of it, really, but I don't hate it. :confused3

I think Tim likes this game. :rotfl2: :thumbsup2
Woooooooo Hoooooooo :woohoo: on 1 year with the Dis. I have been on since June of 2005 and I don't know what my first post was about. I found my May '08 PTR/TR all 9 pages of it........:rotfl:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1788116

And Julia it has the pictures of my short hair cut on it.

Okay, I confess that I spent like 2 hours reading that entire thread today! :rotfl: I liked your short hair!

Thanks J. The DIS was so instrumental in helping me recover from the grief of that year....

It'll take a few days for sure....:)

It'd take a few days for me to make it through your current TR if I didn't use the links! :laughing:

Sorry to hijack, Julia, but..............

DANA, WHAT IS DALE DOING WITH A SEMINOLES CAP ON IN THOSE PICTURES IN YOUR 08 TR??????????

:lmao: I was wondering who would notice that :lmao:. Dale has always been a Bobby Bowden fan. I am not a Criminoles fan at all.

Julia, thanks for the hair comment. I hope you enjoyed the TR. I guess you read that it wasn't the greatest trip. I don't know why :confused3.

Travel Aisle Goodies

One of my favorite parts of trip planning is visiting the travel aisle. All those tiny bottles of hair products and body wash, little packets of laundry detergent, toothbrush covers.... When I visit the travel aisle, I know that my trip is getting close. I usually try to wait until I'm about a month out to stock up on miniatures, but today in Walmart, I just couldn't help myself. :rolleyes1

DSCN6850.jpg

Now all of these goodies are in a Ziploc bag and ready to go into the suitcase. So I guess now I can technically say that I've started packing!
(and only 44 days out :rotfl:)

I am the same way! I just love all the itty bitty bottles! They look bite-size. :lmao:

Yay for 43 days!!!!

I love the travel sized stuff too, Julia! The entire time the clerk is scanning my items, I'm sending her/him subliminal messages to please ask me where I'm going! :rotfl:

YAY for packing! You're going to Disney World!:cool1:

Let's see, this was my first post on the DISboards. From 2005 I was responding to someone asking about where to stay on their Disneymoon.

We stayed at the WL on our honeymoon and loved it! It was very relaxing, romantic, and wonderful! Like some others have said, if you can get a discount, it's not as expensive as some of the other deluxe resorts. It is so worth it! Which ever resort you choose, I'm sure you'll have a great time on your honeymoon!

Julia, I live less than 5 minutes from West Town. I actually worked there when I was in college. I worked at Trade Secret Salon at both West Town and East Town (what Knoxville Center used to be called). So I know all about the safety issue. ;)

I have so far resisted the urge to buy travel size stuff. But I don't know how much longer I'll be able to control myself. They're calling to me to buy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter