A May 2010 PTR: I Got A Job....Let's Go See Mickey!*Update 4/15!!

Travel Aisle Goodies

One of my favorite parts of trip planning is visiting the travel aisle. All those tiny bottles of hair products and body wash, little packets of laundry detergent, toothbrush covers.... When I visit the travel aisle, I know that my trip is getting close. I usually try to wait until I'm about a month out to stock up on miniatures, but today in Walmart, I just couldn't help myself. :rolleyes1

DSCN6850.jpg

Now all of these goodies are in a Ziploc bag and ready to go into the suitcase. So I guess now I can technically say that I've started packing!
(and only 44 days out :rotfl:)

Travel Aisle!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Julia, I live less than 5 minutes from West Town. I actually worked there when I was in college. I worked at Trade Secret Salon at both West Town and East Town (what Knoxville Center used to be called). So I know all about the safety issue. ;)

When did you work at WT and ET? I worked at the Victoria's Secret store at WT from 2002-2004. I filled in at ET a few times. They always wanted me to fill in there when they needed someone since I lived on the north side of town.

After I left VS, I worked for the AmSouth Bank (now Regions) across the street from the mall.

My computer is being annoying and won't let me use smilies. :/
I am the same way! I just love all the itty bitty bottles! They look bite-size. :lmao:

Yay for 43 days!!!!
LOL at bite-size!
I love the travel sized stuff too, Julia! The entire time the clerk is scanning my items, I'm sending her/him subliminal messages to please ask me where I'm going! :rotfl:

YAY for packing! You're going to Disney World!:cool1:
Ha! I am the same way!
Let's see, this was my first post on the DISboards. From 2005 I was responding to someone asking about where to stay on their Disneymoon.

Julia, I live less than 5 minutes from West Town. I actually worked there when I was in college. I worked at Trade Secret Salon at both West Town and East Town (what Knoxville Center used to be called). So I know all about the safety issue. ;)

I have so far resisted the urge to buy travel size stuff. But I don't know how much longer I'll be able to control myself. They're calling to me to buy them.

I couldn't handle living that close to the mall. I'd be at the Disney Store and Alumni Hall every other day. LOL!

Travel Aisle!!!!!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I thought of you when I was typing this post. LOL!!
I just KNEW Jordan would love this post! :lmao:

Kudos to you for starting your "packing" so soon!

Kathy
LOL! I would have my suitcase packed already if I had somewhere to put it.
When did you work at WT and ET? I worked at the Victoria's Secret store at WT from 2002-2004. I filled in at ET a few times. They always wanted me to fill in there when they needed someone since I lived on the north side of town.

After I left VS, I worked for the AmSouth Bank (now Regions) across the street from the mall.
I shopped there during that time period - we might have met each other! Too cool!
Did you get a deal... or are you just getting a little excited? :confused3 :lmao:
No deal - just got excited! LOL!!!

I think it was 1999-2001. That sounds right anyway. We used to go to VS for shopping breaks especially at East Town since Trade Secret and Vs used to be next to each other. Small world!

I couldn't handle living that close to the mall. I'd be at the Disney Store and Alumni Hall every other day. LOL!

I try to forget it's there. If I didn't, I'd be in serious trouble with DH. :rotfl:

I think it was 1999-2001. That sounds right anyway. We used to go to VS for shopping breaks especially at East Town since Trade Secret and Vs used to be next to each other. Small world!
It IS a small world!!

It looks like we just missed each other! I didn't even move to Knoxville until 2002. We left in 2006.

I just wanted to post really quickly and apologize for being MIA for the past couple of weeks. We recently decided to start house hunting in Knoxville and it has consumed ALL of my free time! It is very exciting, though!!

We are going to look at a few tonight that we are very interested in, so keep your fingers crossed for us!! :goodvibes

Good luck on the house hunting :thumbsup2. It seems as if the "New House" bug has bitten several Disers lately.

Thanks everyone for the house hunting luck! :goodvibes Unfortunately, we have not found THE ONE yet. We did see one today that we really like - I'm just worried that it might not have enough room for us to grow. This is super stressful! I used to enjoy looking at houses, but after seeing 20-25 in the past week or so, I'm over it!! :rotfl: We've been seeing as many as possible in hopes to be in contract by the end of the month (to qualify for the tax credit). I told DH that if we haven't found one by this weekend, I'm taking some time off to finish my vacation planning!! :thumbsup2

31 DAYS!!!
:jumping1:

All caught up Julia!!! Love the pics from your new camera and your VB purchases!! NICE!!! And good luck on the house hunting!! I know exactly what you're going through! But you WILL find that perfect house--we did!! :goodvibes

Hope you find the house you're looking for Julia. House hunting can be so stressful. :headache:

Thanks! It is quite stressful.

Did I see you might of found 'THE ONE?' (a house that is! LOL)

Do tell!!!!!:surfweb:

We did find one that we love! :love: But it doesn't have a basement, so we are still looking. We are also trying to sell some property that we bought back when we were planning to build in our current town, and we want to get it sold before we put in a contract.

All caught up Julia!!! Love the pics from your new camera and your VB purchases!! NICE!!! And good luck on the house hunting!! I know exactly what you're going through! But you WILL find that perfect house--we did!! :goodvibes

Thanks! :goodvibes Your new house is beautiful! I hope that we have some of your luck soon!

I sure wish you were looking for an all brick, 1200 sq ft rancher in North Knoxville, because I have one to sell ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter