A Mostly Enchanted Christmas Trip Report - HNY - 18th - 22nd December 2014

I'm really struggling to use this site the last few days by the way - keep getting taken to other sites, most of them dodgy and my anti virus is complaining - says it's phishing attempts.

The site was blocked at work shortly after I started posting there as the IT security system was picking up problems with it. As I am a civil servant the security is massive to prevent infections / data breaches etc. on the government network.

I know you also have had issues Rachael - were they like that?

You know what Anne people are so quick to comment and its normally the small minded ones who are the quickest. You are, by what I gather an outstanding, caring person. You know your sister best and see what a few days away does to improve her enjoyment of life and when you have someone who has health concerns you have to live in the minute.
And good on you for putting yourself across so well with the CMs in Inventions and City Hall. I get frustrated, lose the ability to talk and cry when things go wrong and am in awe of anyone who doesn't get flustered and can articulate themselves in a calm, unwavering manner. Can you bottle it and send me some?!

I could have wrote your last paragraph - norovirus and RS Transport being unreliable. I cried coming in to land in Dublin.. and most of the way home. Poor Catherine, of all things to come down with, that has to be the most stressful when teamed with being in transit and so far from home. You took great care of her.

I hope she is doing well now although I see she has been ill since you came home.

Big hugs Anne. Sorry that Catherine has been unwell again. Thank God she didn't have to get the MRI - they are horrible! Do they think that the seizure could be linked to her dementia or any of her medication, or from her being unwell recently?

I really hope you didn't take what your uncle said to heart. It's clear to see that you look after your sister so so well, and have her best interests at heart. x

Glad you where in and out quickly Anne spending hours at hospital isn't fun for Anyone.
Our last one ww waited an hour and a half to been seen we had the second appointment.:confused3
Uncle sounds like a right laugh NOT :rolleyes1
Hope Catherine feeling better today.

Yes I've had those problems I keep getting a weight loss one the dis trying to tell me something ?!?!
Think I've found a way round my photobucket hate going to order a card reader for the ipad using a different account now so my problems should be over ;)
Have a good weekend off to work now xx

You know what Anne people are so quick to comment and its normally the small minded ones who are the quickest. You are, by what I gather an outstanding, caring person. You know your sister best and see what a few days away does to improve her enjoyment of life and when you have someone who has health concerns you have to live in the minute.
And good on you for putting yourself across so well with the CMs in Inventions and City Hall. I get frustrated, lose the ability to talk and cry when things go wrong and am in awe of anyone who doesn't get flustered and can articulate themselves in a calm, unwavering manner. Can you bottle it and send me some?!

I could have wrote your last paragraph - norovirus and RS Transport being unreliable. I cried coming in to land in Dublin.. and most of the way home. Poor Catherine, of all things to come down with, that has to be the most stressful when teamed with being in transit and so far from home. You took great care of her.

I hope she is doing well now although I see she has been ill since you came home.

Thanks Kizzy. It's been a difficult week with yet more trauma in A&E last night. I still have most of my Christmas decorations up and the house is in chaos around them. Fingers crossed things will settle down from here on.

As for bottling it, I wish I could bottle it for me - I've had to learn to hold it together when dealing with health professionals for Catherine so maybe I drew on some of that this time? Usually I'm also babbling and incoherent in such situations.

So sorry you too had sickness and problems with RS Transport. It's just not a good enough service from them. :hug:

Big hugs Anne. Sorry that Catherine has been unwell again. Thank God she didn't have to get the MRI - they are horrible! Do they think that the seizure could be linked to her dementia or any of her medication, or from her being unwell recently?

I really hope you didn't take what your uncle said to heart. It's clear to see that you look after your sister so so well, and have her best interests at heart. x

Thank you dhidra. They really don't know what caused the seizure and without the scan can only guess but said that both her Down's and the dementia put her in a high risk category for them. They ruled out infection which might also cause a seizure and are pretty sure she didn't have a stroke. My younger boy had absence seizures until his teens so there is some family history of it. At least they're being cautious and prescribing medication to prevent further seizures.

The rational me didn't take uncle's comment to heart but I suppose the vulnerable me who was worried sick and exhausted from spending 36 hours in hospital did. Won't let it get me down long term. :hug:

Glad you where in and out quickly Anne spending hours at hospital isn't fun for Anyone.
Our last one ww waited an hour and a half to been seen we had the second appointment.:confused3
Uncle sounds like a right laugh NOT :rolleyes1
Hope Catherine feeling better today.

Yes I've had those problems I keep getting a weight loss one the dis trying to tell me something ?!?!
Think I've found a way round my photobucket hate going to order a card reader for the ipad using a different account now so my problems should be over ;)
Have a good weekend off to work now xx

Oops, we crossed so I nearly missed this. Catherine's still fast asleep at minute but hopefully will be feeling a lot better when she wakes. We had a distressing visit to A&E last night but they resolved something which had been causing her an awful lot of pain. :thumbsup2

Good news that you've found a way to make photobucket work for you. Hope all is well at work. :hug:

Oops, we crossed so I nearly missed this. Catherine's still fast asleep at minute but hopefully will be feeling a lot better when she wakes. We had a distressing visit to A&E last night but they resolved something which had been causing her an awful lot of pain. :thumbsup2

Good news that you've found a way to make photobucket work for you. Hope all is well at work. :hug:

Another trip to A & E Anne really ?!?
Hope this wasn't to stressful , is Catherine ok today ?

Haven't ordered it yet but tonight maybe the night I will beet you photobucket :furious:
Xx

Thanks Rachael. It was pretty awful but necessary. She's much better today and will be fully recovered soon. Really hoping for a break from drama for a while - it's too exhausting. :hug:

Fingers crossed for beating photobucket. :thumbsup2

Hi Anne,

just seen your TR now so sorry i had not replied you before...
Glad Catherine enjoyed most of the trip even though some moments were not the most fantastic ones...poor girl it must not have been nice for her with so many trips to the loo and then being sick...lovely pics anyway and i love the Minnie fur hat... i was to buy one for me but then decided i did not need one and bought the flashing bow instead lol

About the disabled are to watch Dreams... we too saw a few very unpolite families there.. i was pretty badly impressed by a family of five people that were all standing just in front of the castle when a mum with a child on a wheelchair arrived and asked them to let the boy in front so he could see (he could not see a lot i suppose with people in front of him). Well the answer was... we had been here for a long time and won't move.... now i suppose not them ALL were disabled weren't they?
Glad to know Catherine is better now but anyway not the best way for her to start the new year.... hopefully things from now on will be smooth for you all...

The jacket i bought for my mum when there and that is now too big for any of us has been given to Giuditta, the girl that works in my office and can tell we really made her day and she is proudly wearing this every single day lol

Thanks Giuly and no worries. We really did have a good trip and the virus was just bad luck. I love her fur hat and would have bought myself one if they had been available in adult size. Catherine is so petite she can wear kids hats and shoes but my petite days are long past. :rotfl2:

How lovely that Giuditta is wearing your mum's DLP jacket. :goodvibes

How is Catherine doing ? Hope she felling a lot better :hug:
Going to fix my tr next week I overcome photo bucket :)
This dis playing up for me big style !!
did put a bit of a tr on Ta
X

Hi Rachael, tried to reply on my phone earlier but it doesn't always cooperate for me and today was one of those days.

Catherine seems to be well improved thank goodness, is in great form this evening and apart from being very hesitant about walking from the car to the house as we had snow last night she's good. We've an appointment with our hairdresser tomorrow which always cheers her up so hopefully will be a good weekend. :thumbsup2

We have a beautiful new baby nephew which she's delighted about. My brother in LA's wife had their first baby on Thursday morning. Rory is Irish and his wife is Indian so the baby is being called Ciarán Krishna - has a certain ring to it. :rotfl2: I'm going to visit them in March for 3 weeks so am really looking forward to getting cuddles with him. :love:

Will have a look on TA for your TR. Copy and paste here hun if it lets you. ;)

How are things with you? Not long until your trip. :goodvibes

Love your TR hun. The photos are fab but I also loved the writing, honest! ;) :cool1:

Your boys are gorgeous - all of them. Be proud hun. :hug:

Love your TR hun. The photos are fab but I also loved the writing, honest! ;) :cool1:

Your boys are gorgeous - all of them. Be proud hun. :hug:

Sorry it was a bit of a humdrum highs and lows I wanted to put it down for me really!
Dis great but logs me out then a lose everything I put down maybe down to the iPad.
Ta good for chat but that's about it
Thanks Anne they are all mummies boys :cloud9:
Xx

That's some name alright! :-D congrats! LA sounds fab! glad Catherine is better.

Thank you dhidra, he's gorgeous but his teachers will hate his parents - the surnames are even worse! Will try to fit in a visit to the Anaheim park when I'm in Ca. Would love to take a few days but might have to make do with a day trip. Also very relieved Catherine is better - long may that continue. xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter