A powerful message.

Great message. Thanks for sharing. Every time I have a first world problem bothering me I think of what people like her are going through.

It's a great message and words to live by for sure. She had so much wisdom at 27. I already work on being that person but it's a good idea to be reminded constantly to not sweat the small stuff and be grateful for life.

This was so well written. My dad passed away about a yr ago & I realized these things then especially the points about living life & spending $ on experiences. He wasn’t as young as her but was still relatively young. I realized there was so much he never got to do that he said he would do “one day” & he died with a pile of $ that he did him no good. It has completely changed how we live now.

I read this article last week. It certainly gave me pause as we have had a tough last year and a half. Made me look at made situation in a different light.

Someone had posted this article on FB. She was so inspirational, and very brave. That’s an article we should all read frequently. Wise beyond her years. May she RIP.

poor lady, my heart just bleed for her short life, this world is so sad

I work with patients, sometimes also young, who find themselves in this position (dying), and having had a serious case of cancer myself, I get a lot of what she's saying; it changed my outlook on life, too. I am grateful for the time I've had to live with this type of wisdom. Thanks for sharing here, I read it to my daughter today.

This was so well written. My dad passed away about a yr ago & I realized these things then especially the points about living life & spending $ on experiences. He wasn’t as young as her but was still relatively young. I realized there was so much he never got to do that he said he would do “one day” & he died with a pile of $ that he did him no good. It has completely changed how we live now.
Same here. My dad died last year too(*hug). It has definitely changed how we do things and what parts of life we place the most value on.

Besides my father passing away, my best friend battled breast cancer a year ago. She is my age, 31, pretty young with two little kids at home... Her attitude and her fight also made us stop and evaluate our life and reorganize our priorities.

Same here. My dad died last year too(*hug). It has definitely changed how we do things and what parts of life we place the most value on.

Besides my father passing away, my best friend battled breast cancer a year ago. She is my age, 31, pretty young with two little kids at home... Her attitude and her fight also made us stop and evaluate our life and reorganize our priorities.
So sorry for your loss too. I had a friend (36) die of cancer too 2 years before my dad so I also think about him when evaluating priorities. I know you have to be prepared for the future, but I just do that minimally now & try to live for now b/c there are so many ppl who never get that future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter