A really good disney documentary...anyone, anyone?

MrandMrsJoeFriday

HEYYYY YOUUU GUUYYYYSSS
Ive just finished watching and catching up on all of the DIS Unplugged Orlando show video editions that I missed, and I am now on my Netflix account watching the Disney Parks documentaries. However I seem to be needing something more than these polished works of film that Disney has put out. I was wondering if anyone here knows of any Disney related documentaries that are out there? I love learning about history and how things are built, and created, and would love to see a doc about the design and creation of Disney land and Disney world. Any information you would be able to share would be greatly appreciated, and will help me and my family get through the waiting period between Tuesdays at 1pm :worship:

Wow you guys are on point with this. I just found the Modern Marvels episode your talking about and I am not going to waste any time. Im off to watch it right Now! :happytv: Thank you for your help, and keep the ideas coming please!

not sure if it's available on netflix but i loved the Modern Marvels Disney

-Kim

My husband recorded these about 8 years ago and we still watch them. They have a lot of historical film footage and photographs.

There are several nice docs out there. I admit I love the Theme park PR released by Disney years ago that you can find on youtube.

Disney doesn't release these on DVD, I would love to have them. Probably a limited market.

not sure if it's available on netflix but i loved the Modern Marvels Disney

-Kim

Seconded.

I even asked for the DVD on my Christmas list a few years ago. Before I got the DVD, I liked how History Channel would always show it on Christmas day. I'd go from making breakfast for my family while watching the parade, to watching the Modern Marvels while the presents were being opened.

And speaking of Christmas, the HGTV special about the Christmas decorating process is REALLY impressive.

I'm going to check for that Christmas special on YouTube later today. I haven't finished watching yet but the modern marvels episode is pretty awesome. There used to be a documentary on Netflix that was all about the music of Disney and the Sherman brothers. Ill look for the name but I'm pretty sure it's no longer on Netflix. It was really good

Not Disney proper, but The Pixar Story is a very good documentary on Netflix. I was online searching for a job there after I watched it. :rotfl:

Walt and El Grupo is one of my favourite. The Boys and waking sleeping Beauty are all great documentaries.

There is also (again on YouTube) the Disney documentary about POC and Tommorrowland at DLR. Part of it is on one if the POC DVDs but the full one is sweet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter