A really good disney documentary...anyone, anyone?

Thank you for posting those couple of video's. i just sat down to start watching the Every Role a Starring Role series. I too am really fascinated by the Armchair Archivest series, however it bothers me sometimes how the host's seem to be reading straight from a script, and don't convey their real personalities. I guess I am spoiled with the awesome Dis Unplugged team we have lol. Keep those great videos coming Dis crew!

I agree about the hosts of AA. We are spoiled by the Dis crew! I'm really missing a good Pete rant. :furious: Hope he's doing well.

I couldn't have said it better myself... I def need a good Pete Rant!!!! Ive been watching a bunch of the old shows to get my Rant fix. Hopefully when Pete comes back he will catch up on some of the segments he's missed out on like the trip to Hawaii.

Has anyone come across any Doc's lately? While i was in the camera center in Epcot this last weekend, I almost purchased a Doc they have for sale their called 'Magic Kingdom: imagineering the Magic'. Has anyone had the chance to see this.

Has anyone come across any Doc's lately? While i was in the camera center in Epcot this last weekend, I almost purchased a Doc they have for sale their called 'Magic Kingdom: imagineering the Magic'. Has anyone had the chance to see this.

I bought it but have yet to watch it. I will report back.

On 8/14 the Destination Channel (or Destination America Channel) will have a series of behind the scenes Disney parks specials from 5pm on. Including a special on the cruise lines and 1 on exclusive things that includes Club 33.

On 8/14 the Destination Channel (or Destination America Channel) will have a series of behind the scenes Disney parks specials from 5pm on. Including a special on the cruise lines and 1 on exclusive things that includes Club 33.

Thanks just set my TIVO!

I read this earlier and planned on watching some of these but only just remembered (3 hours late)! According to DirecTV, the one on right now is supposed to be about DL, so I was kind of bummed because I'm not really interested in DL. But it's actually one about WDW!

I read this earlier and planned on watching some of these but only just remembered (3 hours late)! According to DirecTV, the one on right now is supposed to be about DL, so I was kind of bummed because I'm not really interested in DL. But it's actually one about WDW!

Check your preview guide. There might be another cycle of these specials tonight or in the future.

Good luck.

I just recently watched a documentary on Netflix called exit through the gift shop. It was about street art, and in one part of the documentary they visited Disneyland and what they did next caused a major stir in the park that day. Check it out, it's really interesting.

Tomorrow the Destination America channel will once again be showing their Disney specials. Looks like they start at 10:00 am Eastern with Disney's Animal Kingdom, followed by Undiscovered Disney Parks, Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes, Ultimate Walt Disney World, and lastly Disney Cruise Line: Behind the Magic. I think these are all the usual ones that were produced a few years ago that every now and then they add in a very quick update at the end about a new attraction or land.

I've seen these so many times yet always record or watch them when they're on. I love them.

It's been a while since I've updated with some new documentaries, has anyone come across anything entertaining recently?

not really a documentary, but I watched the movie "As Dreamers Do" on Friday which is a about about Walt's days before he moved to CA (as kid, his time with the Red Cross in France, Laugh-O-Gram studios) ...unfortunately if you haven't been following along with the production of the movie and pre-ordered it chances are you prob won't be able to see it for a few months as they are actively trying to shop it to film festivals and theaters to screen it

All that said, I really liked...the kid acting is kinda lame but I thought all the adults in it did a great job, especially the guys that played Elias, Walt, and Ub Iwerks, and Travis Tritt is the (off-screen) narrator and does one of the songs...since this is a fictionalized, unofficial version of his childhood so if you expect a true history lesson this isn't it, but there is enough there to get a sense of who Walt was as a child...the writer and director did a good job of inserting some little inside jokes for the fans too...I think it was well worth my $ and will pay to see it on the big screen if they screen it in Orlando...go check out there web site and Facebook page "As Dreams Do" for more info or @waltmovie on twitter

(and though some of that sounds like a commercial, I am in no way connected to the movie)

Years ago I watched a documentary called Walt: The Man Behind the Myth. Mind you, it was made by the Disney Studios so maybe it's slanted. But it seemed to show a pretty darn cool picture of who he was, and they didn't shy away from his faults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter