A Reservation Procedure/System Must Be In Place for Galaxy's Edge @ DHS

Fair enough, perhaps you can describe what type of virtual queue HS might employ for entry into SWGE itself (and how that would be fundamentally different than a reservation system)? Apologies if you posted earlier but I may have missed it.
Disney has already said how it will work at Disneyland. They are going to allow the land to fill to the capacity they want. Once it hits that in the app an option for entry into the virtual queue will go live. Guests then enter their party into the virtual queue and will get notified when they can return and enter the land.

Disney has already said how it will work at Disneyland. They are going to allow the land to fill to the capacity they want. Once it hits that in the app an option for entry into the virtual queue will go live. Guests then enter their party into the virtual queue and will get notified when they can return and enter the land.
I am sure with Disney's IT, that will work out so well :rolleyes::rolleyes1

Fair enough, perhaps you can describe what type of virtual queue HS might employ for entry into SWGE itself (and how that would be fundamentally different than a reservation system)? Apologies if you posted earlier but I may have missed it.
I think they will employ the Virtual Queue. First 3 days will be hectic for sure, there will be people lining up/camping out (depending on what DHS says is acceptable) once the land opens and fills to capacity the virtual queue will kick in and people will be able to get in virtual line. I'm sure front desks at every hotel will have up to date information if DHS is closed, what phase of closure, if SWGE is closed, status of VQ...so people can plan before heading out.
The other thing they can use adding it to the VQ is a number system, like at the deli. They used this during Star Wars Weekends.
We would line up very early (1am was the earliest I ever got to SWW to line up for autographs) then about an hour before the park opened CM would come out with fast pass style card to give us a time to go to the autograph session. They had 3 autograph sessions, once all the spots were taken anyone left was out of luck. We knew by 7am if they were all out. Of course this was on a very small scale (up to 200 people) compared to SWGE, But if we are allowed to camp out during the night either outside or inside the park, they could come out with a number and let you know for sure if you are able to enter.
Pandora was a good experience for Disney, they know that people will line up for hours and wait to go in but Disney doesn't want you doing that. A person in line is not spending money. So they will create some sort of way to minimize the lining up, I just don't think they will do it through an online reservation system
You can bet there will be a separate line for exclusive merchandise that will be sold outside of SWGE, maybe at Launch Bay, the dessert party is not scheduled starting on Aug 24th which leads me to believe that they will use that space to set up a pop up store for LE merch.
Again, Disney will do what they will do, we as guests have to plan with whatever info they have told us and try not to speculate what MAY happen. I'm prepared and open for anything because I want to be there on opening day, I also have a room reservation for the 2nd to take advantage of EEMH. I think the SW fans are used to this type of situation but the Disney fans have been used to the FP system for the past 20 years and any type of lining up is completely unacceptable, and that's ok, I get that. But this is a different kind of thing.

at least for Disneyland, what has been described is that one you are in the main gates for the park you can use the app on your phone and it will show you if you are able to use the virtual queue (if the land is not yet at capacity or if all slots are gone for the day, it won't be used). If the virtual queue is active you will request to be added to it and you will be assigned a "boarding party" (not clear if it is just given to you or if you will have ability to select from available slots). Then when it is time for you boarding party you go to the entrance to the land and they scan the bar code on your phone and you are allowed int

So only time there would be a long line would be early in the morning when people try to get into the land before it reaches capacity - theoretically once the virtual queue is active you wouldn't need to go near the area until your time

We're going to find out in a week and a half if Disney made the wrong choice on reservations so I would really just keep an eye out on DL once it's a free-for-all. Will be a good test for the queue system.

no, a VIRTUAL queue is done through the phone by using the app. DL will implement this system come June 24th. You are in the park, the land is full, you go on the app and sign in to the virtual queue to get a virtual place in line, then you get notified when you are able to enter. If you go on the DL app right now you can see a tab that sats "SWGE status and access" I believe this is where you will go to get into the VQ once the reservation period is over
brief description at sec 50 here
This same system is currently used for several attractions here at Universal and I would think that we will have a VQ in DHS with land opening
My question is, are they going to link the virtual queue to some type of location around SWGE, or will anyone, including those somewhere else in Orlando and outside Orlando be able to sign up for it?

I’m basically waiting to see how this works in DL before booking my opening weekend trip to SWGE WDW.

My question is, are they going to link the virtual queue to some type of location around SWGE, or will anyone, including those somewhere else in Orlando and outside Orlando be able to sign up for it?

I’m basically waiting to see how this works in DL before booking my opening weekend trip to SWGE WDW.
another excellent question. I hope they limit it to people inside or right outside DHS. Also I would love for them to treat it as an ADR where if you don't actually use it you get charged $10. There will be a lot of people wanting to get in and it would be a shame that some spots are taken by someone who grabs it but ultimately doesn't use it

I also wonder if you'll have to enter the virtual queue for the same day. I would love to show up to HS on Saturday of our trip, but avoid SWGE until we come back on Monday.

I also wonder if you'll have to enter the virtual queue for the same day. I would love to show up to HS on Saturday of our trip, but avoid SWGE until we come back on Monday.

at least the way they describe it is that the virtual queue is just for that day. Don't think of it as a reservation or an appointment or anything scheduled like that ... it is just that on the day of they take in as many people as the land holds, then cut it off and you are given a time to return when you will be able to get into the land as they expect by then for there to be room for you

So in your scenario, they would have no idea on Saturday when or even if the land would reach capacity on Monday to know when to tell you to return

I would expect you to have to be inside DHS to get into the virtual queue - it is meant for people that would like to get into the land right then, but can't because it has hit capacity to just not have to stand in line. It isn't like making a FP ahead of time for a set time on a set day

Now, maybe WDW will modify things and add in a "making an appointment" element, but that is not what has been described so far for what DLR will have

I would think it would reset from day to day, but everything is obviously up for speculation .

at least the way they describe it is that the virtual queue is just for that day. Don't think of it as a reservation or an appointment or anything scheduled like that ... it is just that on the day of they take in as many people as the land holds, then cut it off and you are given a time to return when you will be able to get into the land as they expect by then for there to be room for you

So in your scenario, they would have no idea on Saturday when or even if the land would reach capacity on Monday to know when to tell you to return
Yep, and that is how virtual queues work at other parks. Its not an in advance reservation. It is a day of queue essentially.

I doubt the virtual queue would give you a slot the next day. What happens if the person doesn't have a ticket for the next day? I still think there will be some kind of reservation system for the first bit. The purpose of a virtual queue is to avoid an actual queue. People will still line up at the park several days in advance to get into the park first to get in the virtual queue. Can you imagine the chaos of people running into the park then stopping to immediately get on their phone to get in the virtual queue. Chaos.

People have said reservations won’t work because WDW has 20 or so resorts on site. But has anyone thought of the possibility that Disneyland had guaranteed reservations for their three “Deluxe” hotels and WDW could easily follow suit for their 8 and make the rest of the reservations first come first serve.

If they aren’t filling the deluxe resorts for the month of September I could see this carrot being dangled.

People have said reservations won’t work because WDW has 20 or so resorts on site. But has anyone thought of the possibility that Disneyland had guaranteed reservations for their three “Deluxe” hotels and WDW could easily follow suit for their 8 and make the rest of the reservations first come first serve.

If they aren’t filling the deluxe resorts for the month of September I could see this carrot being dangled.
they do this and it will became a HUGE PR problem with people calling Disney elitist. It won't happen

I doubt the virtual queue would give you a slot the next day. What happens if the person doesn't have a ticket for the next day? I still think there will be some kind of reservation system for the first bit. The purpose of a virtual queue is to avoid an actual queue. People will still line up at the park several days in advance to get into the park first to get in the virtual queue. Can you imagine the chaos of people running into the park then stopping to immediately get on their phone to get in the virtual queue. Chaos.
there will be no getting in line days ahead of time. The night before, after the park closes probably but not days before. Not at DHS, not even on Disney property and off Disney property I'm sure Orange and Osceola Sheriffs are ready

LOL you mean they aren’t already?
being called elitist? some people call Disney that
I'm saying the benefits of staying on site is pretty much the same for everyone be it in Value, Moderate or Deluxe. Free bus transportation, magical express from the airport, ability to book fps 60 days in advance...

they do this and it will became a HUGE PR problem with people calling Disney elitist. It won't happen
Wasn’t an issue for Disneyland though. Disneyland hotels are crazy expensive. Not saying I agree but like I’ve said before anything and everything is a PR problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter